What’s the most expensive thing you found that someone has dropped?

Desktop

TAG Member
Reaction score
I was looking through my kitchen & saw a platinum ring that I found stuck in a concrete wall in Tokyo.
When I was younger I used to always find money walking around in Ropppngi usually between 5,000 yen to 10,000 yen.
What’s the most expensive thing you found in Japan that someone just dropped or left behind?
(No stories of your expensive ex ok)

Reactions: Yuriko
I was looking through my kitchen & saw a platinum ring that I found stuck in a concrete wall in Tokyo.
When I was younger I used to always find money walking around in Ropppngi usually between 5,000 yen to 10,000 yen.
What’s the most expensive thing you found in Japan that someone just dropped or left behind?

For me, I found a dollar in between a slot and won $800 with it. Does that count since it wasn't my money? Other than that, I haven't really found anything that was of worth.

Wow, sounds like you're a gold digger! Golden hands to magnet money or valuables! You ever get alert knowing that you can win, in front of 宝くじコーナーand jackpot winning experience??? Any attempt???
Curious!

I found 70.000 yens laying on the street. Took it to the closest police box and three months later got a postcard telling the money is now mine.

My gym is near a party area, and I like to work out early in the morning, so I'm often there as the drunks are making their way to early trains.

I've found several iPhones (including a brand new XS Max), a few handbags, car keys, a pair of very expensive looking high heels, and more than a few sets of knickers.

The one that always puzzled me was the time I found a pair of mens suit trousers and shoes.

Turned everything in to the koban near the gym, declined the reward (you're legally entitled to 10-20% of the item's value if you don't waive it), got a new nice thank you notes over the years.

I've found several iPhones (including a brand new XS Max), a few handbags, car keys, a pair of very expensive looking high heels, and more than a few sets of knickers.

I am pretty sure you kept the knickers. :p

One morning coming home with the first train I found a girl's handbag at the station (outside the gates). Brought it to the station manager and declined to give my name as I didn't want to get involved if there was something missing. The funny thing the station manager checked the wallet and made me agree there was no money when he got it (there were some credit cards though) and sign the form to confirm that. And that is, without getting my name. :eek::D

The only one that keeps haunting me is the brand new iPhone I found a year ago when doing my middle of the night jog. Decided to take it to the nearest police box but when I was going there found a cute girl looking for something. Asked what's wrong and she said she dropped her iPhone. She told me what kind of cover it has and I handed the phone to her from my pocket.

Now the thing that I regret is I should have asked her phone number so I could check it was really her phone by calling to it. And then I would have been able to call her next day to ask her out. :D

The last thing I found was the ring & I haven’t suddenly found money in a long time.

Wow, sounds like you're a gold digger! Golden hands to magnet money or valuables! You ever get alert knowing that you can win, in front of 宝くじコーナーand jackpot winning experience??? Any attempt???
Curious!

Reactions: Yuriko
For me, I found a dollar in between a slot and won $800 with it. Does that count since it wasn't my money? Other than that, I haven't really found anything that was of worth.

That is awesome

Reactions: MikeH
After an evening of very heavy drinking, I woke up in a corner of Shinjuku station underground and I was surprised to find a women’s shoe in each hand. They were both right foot shoes. Different sizes. One was a feragamo and the other was a jimmy Choo. I think those are pretty expensive shoes, but worthless to me as I only had one of each.

10.000 bill dancing in one of the Don Quijote escalator, I took it and, well, used it in Don Quijote pretty much...

10 years ago or so I also found a brand new iPod, which I just left in a near wall so nobody steps on it accidentally

One morning coming home with the first train I found a girl's handbag at the station (outside the gates). Brought it to the station manager and declined to give my name as I didn't want to get involved if there was something missing. The funny thing the station manager checked the wallet and made me agree there was no money when he got it (there were some credit cards though) and sign the form to confirm that. And that is, without getting my name. :eek::D

Haha yeah once when I was new and stupid I found a wallet and took it to the police box. Took at least half an hour to deal with and had to give my ID, address, etc. Sure as shit never doing that again!

Haha yeah once when I was new and stupid I found a wallet and took it to the police box. Took at least half an hour to deal with and had to give my ID, address, etc. Sure as shit never doing that again!

That's probably because it was a wallet. I have brought lots of stuff to the police boxes, from iPods to Sagawa delivery guys hand terminal and when I told them I have no need for the finder's fee they just asked where did I found the item and when and that was it.

Yeah I never find any good shit lying around. The most expensive thing I've found in the last 10 years is probably a little fabric bag some girl dropped outside a restroom in Shinagawa station. I took it to the police and they opened it and it was full of tampons and nothing else...

I waived any claims on it.

If you waive the finders fee you don’t have to do any of that.

Precisely why I waive it every time.

If you waive the finders fee you don’t have to do any of that.

Precisely why I waive it every time.

Hmm I def waived the fee, no interest in putting up with that crap. But the cops couldn't really speak English so perhaps was just a misunderstanding :meh:

Reactions: Sudsy
The most expensive thing I ever found was in Roppongi... Oak Door.... This girl wanted 100,000JPY for 1 hour... I wanted to take her to the Koban, but I knew that would result more frustration... so didn't return or pick up ......:D:D

I haven't been to Oak Door for ages... are there still Free Lance there ?

Reactions: MikeH and Frenchy
I wanted to take her to the Koban,

To get her deported, or to claim her after the legal waiting period ? :D

Oak Door’s cocktails are good but that’s about it, never met any lady there. Actually I found an expensive thing that someone had dropped in their toilet: a cellphone. It was mine. Dropped it the day before after drinking way too much. :)

Actually I found an expensive thing that someone had dropped in their toilet: a cellphone.

Was it in your own toilet?

That story reminded me that I did once found a wallet full of credit cards, driving license etc and 60k of cash. I found it on my own front yard on one Sunday afternoon.

But not before I had cancelled the cards and went to the closest police box to report it missing. The box was full, there were four coppers and of course one of them knew me. When I told I seem to have lost my wallet they were all very concerned and started to fill the form and preparing to call other boxes nearby to see if the wallet had been brought there.

Then at the end of the form they asked "and when did you lose it?" and I truthfully answered "around 4 AM last night". Any stand-up comedian would have been happy with the response I got; all of them burst out laughing and one had to wipe his eyes.Then one of them asked "and you came home with a taxi, no?" and I was like oh yeah, must have had it with me that time, right? And I also remembered I asked the taxi to stop around 50 meters from my house so I could throw up. And then walked home and threw up twice more. After that it was just tracking my marks and the wallet was then found under a rose bush.