What are you doing RIGHT NOW?

Being astounded at the sheer ignorance of labour law on the part of some managers I deal with... just had a guy try to order a woman to quit instead of taking her maternity leave.

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

just finished lunch ... maybe I'll take a power nap (we turn off lights in the office during noon break) or continue reading TAG ... flips a coin ... and read TAG wins!

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
It's an official public holiday here . So I'm still in bed, watching cat videos, reading TAG....and still getting paid for it :p

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
I lucked out on Chinese chicken two days in a row. And yes, we are talking about lunch now.

I don't know how this place managed to be even worse than the place yesterday but they did. Their chicken actually smells like wet socks.

And all this even when I was so careful selecting the restaurant today. I went to the place where the cute Chinese spinner waiting the tables had the biggest boobs.

Being astounded at the sheer ignorance of labour law on the part of some managers I deal with... just had a guy try to order a woman to quit instead of taking her maternity leave.

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:
Woah.. thats really bad. This cant be normal practice in Japan anymore??

Hours later.... sitting on a sidewalk in 池袋 waiting for a table to eat dinner.

Alone. lol.

After this, plan to ride around the city since it's so nice outside.

Oh what TAG Manager? I just went for a beer alone, then a walk around charming Kabukicho.

...just went for a beer alone, then a walk around charming Kabukicho.
I know I might just be weird, but I loved evening walks around Shinjuku/Kabukicho. Even with all the lights and swarms of humanity around you, there's always a feeling of serenity walking around and getting lost. Therapeutic.

Oh what TAG Manager? I just went for a beer alone, then a walk around charming Kabukicho.

I had dinner and coffee, ALONE... lol.
Now I'm just riding around the city.

Lots of sites equally between the 3 major night life areas.

giphy.gif

Oh come on now, that's gotta be a joke....

As for me, just killing some time at work before I take my lunch break.

Woah. :eek: Right now I just finished attending a mandatory training for our company regarding workplace discrimination. And maternity leave was one of the main topics

It may not be entirely ignorance. The world is ever full of people who are utterly convinced that rules and laws do not apply to them.

-Ww

It may not be entirely ignorance. The world is ever full of people who are utterly convinced that rules and laws do not apply to them.

-Ww

Sad but oh so true. And lately it seems those numbers are increasing. :(

Reactions: Wwanderer

I think it is perfectably acceptable for a young woman to enter a company as an entry level employee on the promise that they will work hard and learn fast. It is perfectly OK if they then get pregnant and have 3 children in succession, take full advantage of the laws and then leave after the third child and after they have squeezed every penny out of the company that they can.

Last edited:
Reactions: NorwayJin