What do you guys shave with?

Keihan

Teacher Of The Year
Reaction score
Just curious what you folks shave with and wondering if there's anything I'm missing out on? Shaving is a big deal for me. Thanks to my genetics I inherited the very fair, very sensitive Yayoi skin of the civilized, pretentious Yamato rapists and then the jet-black, bristle-thick facial hair (and alcoholic tendencies) of the southern Jomon savages. I have to be very careful about what I shave with and more often than not I'm still a little intoxicated when I shave.

For most of my younger years I used the ubiquitous Gillette Mach, and it gave me awful razor rash but I just chalked it up to being part of life. Then I moved to Japan, where the refills were something like $20usd for a 4-pack (and I was a broke eikaiwa teacher) so I started looking elsewhere.

I ended up experimenting with DE safety razors. Much improved quality of shave. Got myself a Merkur 34C, expensive badger brush and English shave soap. Those ultra-sharp Japan-made Feather blades were $10/100 on Amazon. Those were happy memories, standing bareass naked in my kitchen, shaving over the kitchen sink in my shithole apartment after a scalding hot shower before hopping on my bicycle and heading out for my 8am 2-nen class.

Then I moved back stateside and was soon in D.C. politics. I didn't have 15-20 leisurely minutes every morning to lather up like some gangster in a mafia movie. I ended up scoring a Panasonic "Arc" electric shaver (I think they call it Lamdash in Japan) on Amazon for way cheaper than the usual $400-ish price and loved the quick convenience. Way better than Braun or Norelco. Electric razors dry out my skin like something awful, but the fact that I could complete a full shave in two minutes without causing a bloody massacre on my face kept me going with Panasonic for the past decade.

And then one drunken night a few months ago an ad popped up on Facebook for "Supply Razor," touting its success on The Sharktank. Not cheap at $75 but it looked really cool and I was fucking plastered. And it apparently used those old-fashioned single-edge "injector" type blades I'd always seen at the drug store. Great marketing pitch, I must admit, as twenty minutes later I had a brand new starter kit on the way.

It took me about two weeks to get back to the point where I wasn't a bloody mess in the morning. I re-discovered my expensive English badger brush and sandalwood shave cream and with the pandemic and job title allowing me to do pretty much whatever I want, I'm back to spending 15-20 minutes every morning doing a proper shave. This SE razor has its pros and cons, and I've come to prefer it to the DE blade, but there are certain areas of my neck where the DE was a little more effective and/or a little more forgiving. And I've started treating myself with some expensive hyaluronic acid facial hydration creams and gels, which feel absolutely wonderful. I leave in the morning with my face glowing and the wonderful scent of sandalwood for hours, although it does conflict with my Ralph Lauren Blue/Black if I'm headed somewhere interesting. And no, I promise, I'm actually not gay.

I can't be the only one who's into this stuff. Anyone have any miraculous shaving tools, tips or techniques that I should explore while this current situation affords me plenty of free time?

Merkur futur gold-plated, personna blades, billy jealousy cream

In the morning if my face is a little puffy I'll put on an ice pack while doing stomach crunches. I can do 1000 now. After I remove the ice pack I use a deep pore cleanser lotion. In the shower I use a water activated gel cleanser, then a honey almond body scrub, and on the face an exfoliating gel scrub. Then I apply an herb-mint facial mask which I leave on for 10 minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine. I always use an after shave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion.

Anyone have any miraculous shaving tools, tips or techniques that I should explore while this current situation affords me plenty of free time?
Just shave in the shower. Soften those bristles up enough, and they'll come off with damned near any blade you care to use. The softened bristles mean less pressure required to shear them, and less pressure means less irritation to the skin.

Merkur futur gold-plated, personna blades, billy jealousy cream

In the morning if my face is a little puffy I'll put on an ice pack while doing stomach crunches. I can do 1000 now. After I remove the ice pack I use a deep pore cleanser lotion. In the shower I use a water activated gel cleanser, then a honey almond body scrub, and on the face an exfoliating gel scrub. Then I apply an herb-mint facial mask which I leave on for 10 minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine. I always use an after shave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion.

so... you start working at 11am?

I now use the Gillette Fusion with whatever shaving foam is available at the nearby conbini
If it’s Chantilly cream , even better

I now use the Gillette Fusion

You bloody hipsters you think you are better people with all these new shiny things, don't you?

Gillette MachSync3 always does a good job on my exquisitely manly jaw.

Except just earlier this week when I was in a hurry to be ready for my video meeting starting already at 14:00. I managed to cut myself so bad I thought I had turn to a woman and my jaw had period. Was still dripping three hours later.

Of course I received lot of love and understanding for my ordeal: "You are an old man, time to get an electric shaver".

Be a man - grow a beard. And the women will love you for the extra stimulation it gives their inner thighs.

Once we were eating with a group of people in a restaurant and someone started to talk about allergies and stuff. The girl I was with told she has some mysterious rash in her thighs and asked what it could be.

I told her, and the group, that I will shave more carefully next time. She immediately hit me on the shoulder. When she realised I was not joking and that I was actually correct she hit me again and way harder.

I still got nookie that night so there was a happy ending to this story.

Just shave in the shower. Soften those bristles up enough, and they'll come off with damned near any blade you care to use. The softened bristles mean less pressure required to shear them, and less pressure means less irritation to the skin.

I actually run burning hot water across my face for several minutes every morning, gasping and groaning, to the extent that the other half says it sounds like I'm masturbating in the shower. I have to. Otherwise, I'm almost guaranteed to bleed. And switching to a DE/SE razor was actually a great life lesson in using pressure while shaving, mainly because using almost any pressure at all with one of these razors means you'll be bleeding for hours.

Things have been going quite well so far with this Supply razor. Granted, I sliced off a zit last week and that fucker bled for a half hour until I found my styptic pencil and held it there for the entire duration of an angry work call but I'm getting back into the groove, slowly. The $5 7-pack of blades lasted two months. My problem is that I enjoy quality English shave creams (Taylor of Old Bond Street, Sandalwood) that run $20usd for a 5oz tub so at the end of the day I probably spend as much or more than I did on my Mach cartridges and Edge gel.

I will say--and I'm not sure if you can get these in Japan--that if I have to switch back to a cartridge razor occasionally, like when I travel, I've found that the "Harry's Razor Company" makes a remarkably good 5-blade razor. Harry's is a VERY heavily marketed American start-up that's pretty much everywhere on TV nowadays and claims to make their own "fine German blades" and sells them for half of what Gillette does. Well, as with everything else on the planet, the started kit finally ended up at Costco and for $16 so I picked one up. Even with cheap Proraso or Cremo shave cream, I was very impressed. Definitely my new travel razor. Whenever travel actually happens again.

Reactions: Acid Burn
Be a man - grow a beard. And the women will love you for the extra stimulation it gives their inner thighs.

Sometime in the last year or so, on those weekends where I skip a shave on Sunday, I came to the very unpleasant realization that I now had white in my beard. And not just a few. No idea why as I rarely find white hairs on my head and none in my pubes just yet (didn't know that happened at my age until my classmates were bitching about it recently) but as I'm far too proud to use Just For Men beard dye it appears I won't be growing it out any time soon. Bit of a shame, as I've always been told I match with a bit of stubble going, perhaps in a metrosexual, closet-queer Asian cowboy sort of way.

But I figure most of us have bigger problems to worry about after the past year. Talk about the Freshman Fifteen, 2020 introduced the Tiananmen Ten around here and I'm just waiting till it's safe to increase the miles and hit the gym again. Need to get back in shape before Japan opens up to travelers. The next time some middle-aged Korean woman is rubbing me down on a table shower in Gotanda and telling me how hot I am, I want her to actually almost mean it.

Reactions: Acid Burn and MikeH
Need to get back in shape before Japan opens up to travelers. The next time some middle-aged Korean woman is rubbing me down on a table shower in Gotanda and telling me how hot I am, I want her to actually almost mean it.

Well, when I complained that I have been getting lots of belly fat during corona lock-downs my Chinese massage girl told me muscular guys (筋肉マッチョ) are nice to look at but when it comes to hard fuck nothing beats guys like me with our soft bumpers.

We guys are so easy, I am a regular with her now.

Well, when I complained that I have been getting lots of belly fat during corona lock-downs my Chinese massage girl told me muscular guys (筋肉マッチョ) are nice to look at but when it comes to hard fuck nothing beats guys like me with our soft bumpers.

We guys are so easy, I am a regular with her now.

Not sure if I believe it but one of the major American media outlets recently conducted a poll asking American women which body type they found sexiest and the majority preferred the "dad bod." Doesn't make much sense to me. Possibly because a guy who's soft and slightly overweight tends to try harder? Or perhaps, because if he's an actual "dad" then he was obviously able to convince an actual woman to marry him and bear his children, so he must be decent in bed?

If that's the case I'd love the opportunity to prove such bimbos completely wrong.

Reactions: Frenchy and MikeH
If that's the case I'd love the opportunity to prove such bimbos completely wrong.

I hope the travel restrictions stay place a long time. We do not need people like you here in our beautiful country.

The girls never lie, it's blasphemy to even think other ways. I for one have full faith in their claims.

Reactions: Frenchy and Keihan
I'm curious to know what point the "dad bod" becomes "Jabba the Hutt".
When you have enough money to have girls in bikinis chained to your yacht.

Reactions: just4fun and MikeH
I also shave in the shower, well I used to before my beard.
A really big deal though is to disinfect your blades if you use them more than a couple of times. Alcohol or bleach (rinse after using bleach).

Reactions: Keihan
I have a beard and I shave my face with a traditional German razor Dovo and a Gillette Body on the bottom. Girls love touching both of them :pAt first it is a bit difficult to shave with a razor, but the skin appreciates it. I use Proraso and The Art of Shaving products, shaving preparation, shaving cream and post-shave balm. For the beard a special soap and oil. It takes time, but it’s relaxing, a kind of mindfulness.
C4134B9C-BC22-4579-A4E4-51D93931F4E7.jpeg

I also shave in the shower, well I used to before my beard.
A really big deal though is to disinfect your blades if you use them more than a couple of times. Alcohol or bleach (rinse after using bleach).

I've never even considered disinfecting my blades. I'm currently getting about six shaves out of each SE injector blade. Might be worth a try, since I'm using alcohol to disinfect just about everything fucking thing else I use regularly in these fun times. Kinda sad that I have a bigger stockpile of rubbing alcohol than I do drinking alcohol...for now. Trip to Costco tomorrow.

I have a beard and I shave my face with a traditional German razor Dovo and a Gillette Body on the bottom. Girls love touching both of them :pAt first it is a bit difficult to shave with a razor, but the skin appreciates it. I use Proraso and The Art of Shaving products, shaving preparation, shaving cream and post-shave balm. For the beard a special soap and oil. It takes time, but it’s relaxing, a kind of mindfulness.
View attachment 16330

One of the things I truly miss about living in Japan is getting a skilled straight-razor shave done at your average barber shop for 2k yen. Such a luxury costs at least three times that plus a tip around here. And I say that because I will never in this lifetime have the balls to try using a straight razor myself. I'm a forever poser and sucker for all things old school and gangster, but that's where I draw the line.

Reactions: Joe2017
I actually run burning hot water across my face for several minutes every morning, gasping and groaning, to the extent that the other half says it sounds like I'm masturbating in the shower. I have to. Otherwise, I'm almost guaranteed to bleed. And switching to a DE/SE razor was actually a great life lesson in using pressure while shaving, mainly because using almost any pressure at all with one of these razors means you'll be bleeding for hours.

Things have been going quite well so far with this Supply razor. Granted, I sliced off a zit last week and that fucker bled for a half hour until I found my styptic pencil and held it there for the entire duration of an angry work call but I'm getting back into the groove, slowly. The $5 7-pack of blades lasted two months. My problem is that I enjoy quality English shave creams (Taylor of Old Bond Street, Sandalwood) that run $20usd for a 5oz tub so at the end of the day I probably spend as much or more than I did on my Mach cartridges and Edge gel.

I will say--and I'm not sure if you can get these in Japan--that if I have to switch back to a cartridge razor occasionally, like when I travel, I've found that the "Harry's Razor Company" makes a remarkably good 5-blade razor. Harry's is a VERY heavily marketed American start-up that's pretty much everywhere on TV nowadays and claims to make their own "fine German blades" and sells them for half of what Gillette does. Well, as with everything else on the planet, the started kit finally ended up at Costco and for $16 so I picked one up. Even with cheap Proraso or Cremo shave cream, I was very impressed. Definitely my new travel razor. Whenever travel actually happens again.

How about this heated razor? It's not cheap though.
https://gillette.com/en-us/products/gillette-labs/heated-razor-by-gillette

In the good old times a title like in this thread would have immediately invoked a heated discussion on how to shave your pussy the best way, or how to talk her to it, but now it's all about your own beard. The Times They Are a-Changin' said Bob.

Though this might telling more about the girls nowadays than us guys; surprisingly many seem to have found the joys of lasering so there is nothing left to you except enjoying the sight.

Hairy pussies are like flip phones. They will be in museums soon.

Even if you click the hairy filter on cam sites you don't find much fur.