What do you listen to when working out?

Lukes

TAG Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure if this is the best place to be asking a question like that since most of you only get exercise when fucking but hey, why not?

Right now I have a lot of Powerman 5000, Alice in Chains, Coal Chamber, Static X, Rob Zombie (lol) and similar stuff on my weight lifting playlist. Basically a bunch of 90s-ish hard rock/metal.

Then I have a bunch of Army Airborne and Marine Corp running cadences on my playlist for, well, running. Classic songs such as "We run through the jungles with our M16s" and "I wanna be a drill instructor" :D

What are you listening to when working out?

Reactions: Majestyk
For me it’s a mixture of The Chainsmokers, Ruelle, 5 seconds of summer and Jacob Lee.
Not sure how helpful that is because I listen to those artists on a daily base anyways.

Recently I’ve been working out with a personal trainer for strengthening exercises.. I have to listen to my personal trainer’s instructions, therefore no playlist for me. Her cheering replaces the encouragement and motivation a playlist would provide. Before that I used to listen to classical piano.

When running I listen to audiobooks, when lifting I listen to my own grunts and when having sex I listen what the lady is moaning. And my own grunts. :eek::D

Reactions: Lukes and Majestyk
I seem to be one of the exceptions to working out/exercising. I don't like listening to anything either on a personal level or over speakers. I certainly do not need or want to listen to cadences when running. Did enough of that when I was in.

Reactions: Lukes
Spotify My Discovery Weekly Playlist, curated by the cheapest AI ever. Sometimes it's actually ok. Protip: diligently hit the "like" button on songs that you like and eventually the recommended songs don't suck as bad.

How could you listen to anything but Austrian Death Machine?

Reactions: Frenchy and Lukes
For me it’s a mixture of The Chainsmokers, Ruelle, 5 seconds of summer and Jacob Lee.
Not sure how helpful that is because I listen to those artists on a daily base anyways.

Those are things that I probably would try to avoid listening to if I could, lol. But anything is good if it helps get you through a workout and makes it more enjoyable. Thanks!

Recently I’ve been working out with a personal trainer for strengthening exercises.. I have to listen to my personal trainer’s instructions, therefore no playlist for me. Her cheering replaces the encouragement and motivation a playlist would provide. Before that I used to listen to classical piano.

I used to have a trainer and she would work me over so hard that I would barely be able to drive home, let alone walk afterwards when I got there. Unfortunately I don't mean that in a dirty way. :D

Something about having that person to encourage though really lets you push past where you think your boundaries are so I'd swap out a playlist for a good workout partner any day.

When running I listen to audiobooks, when lifting I listen to my own grunts and when having sex I listen what the lady is moaning. And my own grunts. :eek::D

That is moderately horrifying, lol. I like to listen to audiobooks when driving. Occassionally when on the elliptical or something like that. Any good recommendations?

I seem to be one of the exceptions to working out/exercising. I don't like listening to anything either on a personal level or over speakers. I certainly do not need or want to listen to cadences when running. Did enough of that when I was in.

That I can understand. I never had to endure that since I was never in the military. Track coach was an army vet and introduced us to that. I just find them motivating but I'm pretty sure I'd fold like a piece of paper if I had to do all that PT for reals. :eek:

Whatever the hot yoga and swiming places are playing as BGM that day...
I hate gyms with an ungodly passion :(

So... pop music then?

Either working out or working in Photoshop :)

Epic. I like those soundtrack style ones for working at work.

Reactions: MikeH
more like loungy/jazzy/zen shit that gives you even less mojo to go to a proper gym... :)
Lol. De-motivational music. Gotta love it. Maybe they're trying to keep you too zenned out to be horny so they don't have problems in yoga class :D

Reactions: MikeH and Frenchy
I’ve got a lot on my playlist, but this tune from EW&F gets me going at the start of a hike or brisk walk.

Every man, I meet is walking time
Free to wander, past his conscious mind
Love will come and take you home
Love is written in the stone