Guest viewing is limited

what do you think about international parties

agent85

TAG Member
Reaction score
I will stay in Tokyo for 3 month from january 2019 onwards for language studies. Although that won't be me primerly reason for the stay I am still interested in interacting with the female Population if possible. Unforantely my japanese is very weak ( I hope the 3 month at language School will fix this) my options are quite limited. I have heard that there are many different hosts for international parties in Tokyo. So I though I could give them a try.

Are there some vendors your would recommend more than others or are all international parties equally good or bad?

Or would yo recommend other options to meet some ladies as a gaijin with almost non existant language skills ?

International parties are for introverts who can’t socialize the normal way. If that’s you then sure go ahead.

Reactions: Frenchy
International parties are for introverts who can’t socialize the normal way. If that’s you then sure go ahead.

True, I think they suck (terrible booze , for a start) but they can probably do the job if the goal is to pair awkward gaijins with awkward japanese (both genders)

Thanks for the Options so far.it could be true of that the international parties suck in may ways but with me yet limited japanese skills it could be still a good starting point. At the least gals there are at least potentially interested in talking in a foreign language.

Other places like the many clubs in Tokyo would be more interesting but with limited language skills the language barrier could be too big.

Thanks for the Options so far.it could be true of that the international parties suck in may ways but with me yet limited japanese skills it could be still a good starting point. At the least gals there are at least potentially interested in talking in a foreign language.

Other places like the many clubs in Tokyo would be more interesting but with limited language skills the language barrier could be too big.

or you can try tinder? girls who cannot or do not want to speak english will not match you so you will not have to worry about your Japanese skills

Reactions: eman
or you can try tinder? girls who cannot or do not want to speak english will not match you so you will not have to worry about your Japanese skills

Lots of fake profiles, girls who don’t want to meet up, attention seekers, flakes etc. He will be here for only 3 months. Not really worth it IMO unless OP plans lots of dates way in advance.

If you don’t have any friends in Japan international parties are alright. Set your expectations to zero and make some friends and suggest to go out clubbing together. Much more fun than dating apps IMO

I hear internet stories of white guys plowing the rice fields 'till kingdom come on tinder, but I'm asian, so I the only girls that match me are 27 year olds that don't respond and 34+ year olds that are only so-so looking.

Reactions: eman
I hear internet stories of white guys plowing the rice fields 'till kingdom come on tinder, but I'm asian, so I the only girls that match me are 27 year olds that don't respond and 34+ year olds that are only so-so looking.

maybe they do not respond because you are either below average looking or do not know how to open the conversation yet. This fwb I met on Tinder (I am Asian, she's a really hot japanese :)) has like 1500 matches since creating her account 6 months ago and pretty much every guy who matched with her started the convo by saying something like "Hi, you are cute" or "How are you?". Most girls will never respond to that unless she finds your profile very interesting/attractive.

There are only 2 rules:

1. Be attractive
2. Don't be unattractive

There are only 2 rules:

1. Be attractive
2. Don't be unattractive

That's loser talk. As the saying goes it's ugly if a guy is good looking.

Unlike guys girls are very forgiving what comes to the looks department if you know how to talk. So better ramp up all those oral skills, they are more than useful for getting the girl to the bed and then making her want to come back too.

Reactions: majimekun
That's loser talk. As the saying goes it's ugly if a guy is good looking.

Unlike guys girls are very forgiving what comes to the looks department if you know how to talk. So better ramp up all those oral skills, they are more than useful for getting the girl to the bed and then making her want to come back too.

There is no chance to talk because you don't get a match.

the only girls that match me are 27 year olds that don't respond and 34+ year olds that are only so-so looking.

There is no chance to talk because you don't get a match.

Again unlike the guys the girls actually read your profile text. I am as ugly as is possible without being arrested for scaring the kids in the public but I get more than my share of matches.

Reactions: Negi77
Again unlike the guys the girls actually read your profile text. I am as ugly as is possible without being arrested for scaring the kids in the public but I get more than my share of matches.

Yeah but OP doesn't want to date the bottom of the barrel.

Yeah but OP doesn't want to date the bottom of the barrel.

Do you know that for a fact or are you just worried about the added competition in that market?

But if you are just trying to hurt my feelings I have bad news for you; it's impossible as I don't have any.

Reactions: AMcguyver
Thanks for the further replies. I think trying to meet some new people at the international parties and then go clubbing with them sems to be the best advice. I am interested in trying out the japanese Clubs anyway.

Concerning Tinder: Might be a Chance but not suitable for my short time in Japan only. Tinder is more a long term project not suitable for me now. As I have said already, the main reason for my Japan stay is to study t he language. The international Party or clubbing stuff is just for fun. I just wanny try it out and see then if something happens or not. Have no big expactations. It is just casually.

Tinder could lead to casuall Meetings too of Course, but it could take some time till the Girls are willing enough to meet in Person. Time I do not have, 3 weeks are over rather soon. So it is better to meet them in Person.

Lol as i have leongrey on mute i thought @MikeH had had a stroke or something.

To the OP- international parties (or were, when i was single) a good place to go for cheap alcohol and food.

Even if the place was full of heffers (they usually were) its a good place to get drunk cheaply, line your stomach and start the evening.

There are usually 2 or 3 ok looking girls there and if you have basic personal hygene, can dress yourself and are not morbidly obese or socially retarded you will be in the top 2 or 3 guys there too and therefore the OK girls will gravitate to you.

They will probably work in a beauty salon, pre-school or retail, be late 20’s (therefore ignored by any eligible japanese bachelor) probably just got dumped and on the rebound too.

Nature will take its course and you will have beautiful awkward drunken sex with one of the 6.5/10 saitama girls that were there to practice their english, feel better about themselves after getting recently dumped and get gaijin cock

Then you can brag to your friends back in wherever about how you once fucked a geisha.

Lol as i have leongrey on mute i thought @MikeH had had a stroke or something.

To the OP- international parties (or were, when i was single) a good place to go for cheap alcohol and food.

Even if the place was full of heffers (they usually were) its a good place to get drunk cheaply, line your stomach and start the evening.

There are usually 2 or 3 ok looking girls there and if you have basic personal hygene, can dress yourself and are not morbidly obese or socially retarded you will be in the top 2 or 3 guys there too and therefore the OK girls will gravitate to you.

They will probably work in a beauty salon, pre-school or retail, be late 20’s (therefore ignored by any eligible japanese bachelor) probably just got dumped and on the rebound too.

Nature will take its course and you will have beautiful awkward drunken sex with one of the 6.5/10 saitama girls that were there to practice their english, feel better about themselves after getting recently dumped and get gaijin cock

Then you can brag to your friends back in wherever about how you once fucked a geisha.

I love the realism (yet poetic in a way) of this post!

Yes that was a poetic post indeed. Cannot say anything about the realism though. Would be me first time at such party and my first time in the japanese night life in general. But would not mind at all if something like that reall happens.;):)

International parties are usually a dick fest and have 4 or 5 guys fighting or interrupting the conversations to talk to the girl everyone wants to talk with. It's ok, but you could also find Japanese at a bar or street and invite them to drink with you. Even if you make an effort to try to speak with them, you tend to get 60% yes results. Just don't come off as a creep and you'll be ok.

Reactions: Negi77 and Frenchy
International parties are usually a dick fest and have 4 or 5 guys fighting or interrupting the conversations to talk to the girl everyone wants to talk with. It's ok, but you could also find Japanese at a bar or street and invite them to drink with you. Even if you make an effort to try to speak with them, you tend to get 60% yes results. Just don't come off as a creep and you'll be ok.

ok thanks for the advice. I think I will try both options. Maybe one time the international party but also try to aproach on the streets. Could be worth a try for sure especially on Friday or Sunday night I guess.

ok thanks for the advice. I think I will try both options. Maybe one time the international party but also try to aproach on the streets. Could be worth a try for sure especially on Friday or Sunday night I guess.

Shibuya has young women out late at night so it would be easy to find. It's not difficult, you just need to come off pretty nice and honest. Even if they don't speak English, they'll try and you get to drink with ladies.

Reactions: agent85
OP... OK, I get why you are asking the question... but in all honesty... don't worry too much... if you are to worried, then they will pick up on this and think hmmmm what is that dude's problem... doesn't matter how you look as @MikeH said... just make sure you are clean, showered, and don't smell... wear decent clothes... and don't creep too much... international parties have already been described above... I went to one... ONCE and that was it for me... you can have better luck walking down the street... Actually left a bar this evening and 2 girls were thinking about going to the bar I just left... said you want to join me for a drink and they followed me to another bar.
got their contact information and had a drink.. Didn't try to score with them cuz there were 2 girls and only one of me. J-girls in pairs are difficult to separate.. It can be done and I have done it... just a week ago, but it's not the norm. reach down, make sure you have a pair of balls.. then just be normal and talk to a girl. don't worry about your language skills... speak english to her... Please let us know how you progress...
I'm not trying to be rude, but there are so many posts... about I don't speak the language, or this or that.... nothing ventured... nothing gained ... as the saying goes.... Good Luck..!!!!

Reactions: SoapFTW
I would also check out Tokyo pub crawl depending on your age You will meet people and the last club of the night ends up being a good mix of locals and your new pub crawl friends. Really easy to meet and talk.

OP... OK, I get why you are asking the question... but in all honesty... don't worry too much... if you are to worried, then they will pick up on this and think hmmmm what is that dude's problem... doesn't matter how you look as @MikeH said... just make sure you are clean, showered, and don't smell... wear decent clothes... and don't creep too much... international parties have already been described above... I went to one... ONCE and that was it for me... you can have better luck walking down the street... Actually left a bar this evening and 2 girls were thinking about going to the bar I just left... said you want to join me for a drink and they followed me to another bar.
got their contact information and had a drink.. Didn't try to score with them cuz there were 2 girls and only one of me. J-girls in pairs are difficult to separate.. It can be done and I have done it... just a week ago, but it's not the norm. reach down, make sure you have a pair of balls.. then just be normal and talk to a girl. don't worry about your language skills... speak english to her... Please let us know how you progress...
I'm not trying to be rude, but there are so many posts... about I don't speak the language, or this or that.... nothing ventured... nothing gained ... as the saying goes.... Good Luck..!!!!

I do not consider your post rude at all. You might be right and I am just thinking too much. Was worried to be seen as a crazy japanese hunter if I aproach the ladies with my limited japanese skills. So I was looking for a environment where the limited language skills are not that big problem. But now you and other guys told me that the language is not that big problem as long as I treat them with respect. I will listen to you and stopp thinking too much about the language and just approach to see what happens. I will report about my progress.

Reactions: BB0523