Guest viewing is limited

What happened to all the African touts?

Chewie

TAG Member
Reaction score
The last time I was in Japan, I was hounded by very pushy and aggressive Africans wherever I went in Kabukicho.

This time around, there were none. Or at least none that I could spot in the street. Instead, I was amused to be approached by a hunched old lady who I assumed just wanted to ask for directions only to be asked "You want Japanese girl?". While she wasn't as grabby or clingy as the Africans, she was no less persistent so I was forced to take refuge at a nearby FamilyMart just to shake her off.

Kabukicho just seems...different...without them, but very much for the better. I always thought they were a blight anyway.

So what happened to them? Did Tokyo get them all deported to clean up the city's image in preparation for 2020 or something?

I encountered a few there last weekend at night.
One big one even called me "boi" :D.
There are definitely so many more Japanese ones there though.

What I really wanna know is how come the J-police dont do blitzes on touts or even do some 'ethnic cleansing' in the problem areas (ofcourse after witnessing them doing illegal street solicitation) ?

And where do so many of those Africans buy marriage visas ?

I dunno man, they were still alive and kicking last time I checked. They ain't going anywhere fast. The thing I always wondered is why these dudes are in Japan in the first place.

In Kabukicho there are indeed less of them and they are less persistent recently. Looks like some messages were passed to whomever employs them. But they have not disappeared.

Reactions: akasam
Late at night, kuyakusho dori is full of them and the main kabuki cho road as well. They are easy to avoid if you are in a hurry but if you have to stand somewhere and wait they wont leave you alone.
I recently had an experience that one wouldn't leave me and my friend alone, and at some point he had his arm around my friend, so i pulled at my friend and shouted "lets go", which ended up with the Nigerian touts saying i'm a crazy woman.
People are not crazy because they know your sceme. They should take a "no" for an answer.

Also i think i've seen the old Japanese lady before as well. She's cute as a button, haha!

They should wear suits. Then they may get a sense of what a job is like. I wonder how much they get paid and what they eat lol
Also their living situation gets we wondering a bit as well.... Beat them at their own game and try to sell them something instead. (It works)

Also i think i've seen the old Japanese lady before as well. She's cute as a button, haha!
She has a bar somewhere in the 7th floor in the nearby building near the Golden Gai. I guess she needs money somehow, because nobody would come to an unknown room at unknown building.
So each time I pass by she always offered me ladies, but I keep refusing. So one night I said what about you.

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
Ah, so they're only out in late night. I guess 10PM wasn't late enough on that day though...

Late at night, kuyakusho dori is full of them and the main kabuki cho road as well. They are easy to avoid if you are in a hurry but if you have to stand somewhere and wait they wont leave you alone.
I recently had an experience that one wouldn't leave me and my friend alone, and at some point he had his arm around my friend, so i pulled at my friend and shouted "lets go", which ended up with the Nigerian touts saying i'm a crazy woman.
People are not crazy because they know your sceme. They should take a "no" for an answer.

What I hate about them isn't just how grabby they are. They sometimes insult you when you refuse their offers. I try not to racially profile people but they actually did that to me. "Ah, let him be. He's just some poor Chinaman." WTF?

That old lady was amusing in the wide variety of languages she seemed to know. When I pretended to not know English, she tried again in Mandarin, Cantonese, and even Korean. A+ for effort.

She has a bar somewhere in the 7th floor in the nearby building near the Golden Gai. I guess she needs money somehow, because nobody would come to an unknown room at unknown building.
So each time I pass by she always offered me ladies, but I keep refusing. So one night I said what about you.
Haha, and what did she say to that?

So one night I said what about you.
Was this her response? :
23932.jpg

That old lady was amusing in the wide variety of languages she seemed to know. When I pretended to not know English, she tried again in Mandarin, Cantonese, and even Korean. A+ for effort.
I got this too at LABI - except they tried English last :ROFLMAO:
There's a reason I know about her bar in 7th floor. Amazing she can speak in many languages, she's actually Okinawan.
is this another reported good experience after following a tout??
Anyway, how was she?;)

There's a reason I know about her bar in 7th floor. Amazing she can speak in many languages, she's actually Okinawan.
Well, we might not be talking about the same old lady. We're just kinda assuming she is cos we've each been ambushed by one in Kabukicho.

Well, we might not be talking about the same old lady. We're just kinda assuming she is cos we've each been ambushed by one in Kabukicho.

Might not be the same, since Alice talking about Kuyakusho dori and touting and cute as a button. LOL.

Might not be the same, since Alice talking about Kuyakusho dori and touting and cute as a button. LOL.
Well, the black touts were on kuyakusho dori.
The cute as a button obasan i meant is usually near the "i love kabuki cho" building.

Reactions: TAG Manager
Well, the black touts were on kuyakusho dori.
The cute as a button obasan i meant is usually near the "i love kabuki cho" building.

That obasan, I feel really bad for her. At her age still working late :(
I've heard one time she's saying nisen yen to a group of young lads :(

probably they are in japan because they want a better life than they had in nigeria...
what are your reasons?
I totally get that (nothing against it) but I mean how did it work out that so many touts are from there. Maybe one dude went a long time ago to Japan and everyone in the home country heard about his success and wanted to move, lol.

I don't think they "buy" it.
Hmm ok thought I read somewhere here they're on sham marriages.

Interestingly there's nothing about sham marriages in this wiki page about Nigerians in Japan (also would have thought there'd be a lot more than ~2800).

"More recently, a common route into Japan for Nigerian migrants is to first go to Europe as false asylum seekers and establish legal residency permission there. Once this is done it is easier to acquire a tourist visa for Japan, after which the prospective migrant can enter the country and then overstay illegally. Legal migrants often enter via student visas.. "

Hmm ok thought I read somewhere here they're on sham marriages.

Interestingly there's nothing about sham marriages in this wiki page about Nigerians in Japan (also would have thought there'd be a lot more than ~2800).

"More recently, a common route into Japan for Nigerian migrants is to first go to Europe as false asylum seekers and establish legal residency permission there. Once this is done it is easier to acquire a tourist visa for Japan, after which the prospective migrant can enter the country and then overstay illegally. Legal migrants often enter via student visas.. "
they do sham marriage but they don't have to pay for it

Reactions: jhingy567
They pay the "spouse" a monthly allowance. usually.
maybe some do but surely some don't ...
In the cases I encountered the guys didn't pay a yen, and some even took okozukai from the poor wife who they were deceiving.
I also met a girl half nigerian half japanese who said her father was an asshole who openly told them he sees them only as papers and that his true family is in Nigeria.