Guest viewing is limited

What happened to all the African touts?

That would indeed be a concern. But then again what are the odds of an altercation? Low I imagine. Provided they aren't Yakuza, you'll probably survive whatever it is. If worst comes to worst, just tell them your dick is too beautiful to die. You might be spared. :D
Honestly, the Nigerians are giant. I'm more scared of them than of the Yakuza just body power wise.

Well, who do you think they work in the end? :oops:
Yeah work for. I dont think the yakuza care much about their individual employees though.

@User#8628, any J-cops showing up after-hours for a 'welfare check' ? ;)
Actually, this one time a guy talked to me at the station and flashed a badge and said he was an undercover cop. He asked if i was over 20 because i was not allowed to smoke if i was under 20. Mind you, this was INSIDE the station and i wasn't smoking.
I showed him my ID, he didn't write down information, i just pointed him at my age being over 20. Then he asked if he could look in my bag if i had cigarettes. I told him "i just showed you that i'm over 20, right? So why does it matter if i have cigarettes or not?"
Then he gave up and went away. It was really weird and i dont know what to make of it. Maybe a bored cop or guy with a fake badge who wants to make up excuses to talk to girls, idk.

Actually, this one time a guy talked to me at the station and flashed a badge and said he was an undercover cop. He asked if i was over 20 because i was not allowed to smoke if i was under 20. Mind you, this was INSIDE the station and i wasn't smoking.
I showed him my ID, he didn't write down information, i just pointed him at my age being over 20. Then he asked if he could look in my bag if i had cigarettes. I told him "i just showed you that i'm over 20, right? So why does it matter if i have cigarettes or not?"
Then he gave up and went away. It was really weird and i dont know what to make of it. Maybe a bored cop or guy with a fake badge who wants to make up excuses to talk to girls, idk.
that's very strange indeed.

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
Well, a drug conviction wouldn't be far fetched for the ones that work in Roppongi, i'd guess. But of course they'd make it hard to prove.

Does the family law work for married couples? I thought that was if they had children together.

Also for citizenship you need fluent Japanese and for PR you dont, right? So i'd think PR is more easy.
The Nigerians seem to speak Japanese but i doubt they can write it.
they usually have children, it's like an insurance for them so they can still apply for a long term visa if they divorce.

Concerning the language test I heard it's mainly speaking abilities and the writing would be very basic. They ask you to write your address and stuff like that and that's all so I guess they can pass it.

In Kabukicho there are indeed less of them and they are less persistent recently. Looks like some messages were passed to whomever employs them. But they have not disappeared.
We call them "migrants" here, and be happy guys, its just a joke compare to here haha.

Reactions: Sudsy
Last time I was in shinjuku/ Kabukicho there were speakers on the corners playing a recording in a few different languages saying that what they are doing is illegal and not to talk to them.
Still didn’t stop them, a few of them were talking to me right under the speakers.
If I am bored I will talk to them and waste their time asking what kind of girls go to host clubs...

Lol
The whole host / hostess deal blows my mind. I have been to 2 separate ones only because my Japanes friend wanted to go one time and the 2nd time was because the tout lies to us and said it was a strip club (which for some reason seems damn near impossible to find).
I hated it, I can talk to girls that just want free drinks at a bar for a hell of a lot less and there is a possibility of getting some action.

From my two trips to Tokyo so far I can say that in April, these guys were terrible, used every trick I know to keep random strangers away and they were not deterred in the slightest. Admittedly, most of the time I was actually lost trying to find something so I'm sure that was a dead give away for tourist regardless of anything else. But still, the only time I felt any fear during the whole trip in Japan was when these guys start following you down the street with their spiel. They are huge, and it would be easy for them to just drag me off somewhere and rob me. Admittedly, that sort of thing is rare in Japan and if they actually did that I imagine the police would crack down but being from a part of the world where it's not rare it was triggered my fear instincts.

Second trip in September though I stayed in Shinjuku and only encountered one or two of them. I don't know if it was because they really were absent or if maybe I just managed to avoid them better since I actually knew my way around this time and didn't have to keep looking at google maps every 5 seconds as my "tourist signal"

The best deterrent for touts is to walk around accompanied by a woman. They won't approach you at all. I never get hassled when I have company. Children work too so just borrow one from a friend or something. ;)

Reactions: MikeH
The best deterrent for touts is to walk around accompanied by a woman. They won't approach you at all. I never get hassled when I have company. Children work too so just borrow one from a friend or something. ;)
Or maybe a dog? Like, a nasty pitbull? :)

Reactions: just4fun and Lukes
They doooo.
When walking around with clients i've been approached by Nigerian touts saying things like "hey, beautiful couple, you wanna go to a disco? Dance?"
There is no escape ;)

Or maybe a dog? Like, a nasty pitbull? :)
Do they have those in Japan? The only big dogs I've ever seen were Akitas and the like. But yeah maybe it would work because obviously you can't fuck around if you've got a dog with you and you can tell him as much if he starts hassling you.

They doooo.
When walking around with clients i've been approached by Nigerian touts saying things like "hey, beautiful couple, you wanna go to a disco? Dance?"
There is no escape ;)
I guess what's required is walking around with your Mom - seemed to work for me anyway. :D
Risky though since it would ruin my day hearing 'hey beautiful couple'