What happens in shibuya

Galaticgod

TAG Member
Reaction score
I was walking down one of the alleys and this black guy was really trying to drag me to some club to see hot girls but I was busy. I heard this is the most adult part of Japan or somthing. What would have gone down if I followed him?

I was walking down one of the alleys and this black guy was really trying to drag me to some club to see hot girls but I was busy. I heard this is the most adult part of Japan or somthing. What would have gone down if I followed him?

Best case scenario, you would have been overcharged for drinks in a shitty little club and got nothing out of it.

Worst case scenario, you'd have been roofied and your credit cards maxed out and your bank account drained.

Same goes for Roppongi. NEVER follow one of the guys. If you have trouble getting rid of them, tell them you are waiting for someone. One of my business partners followed one of the guys to a bar with Romanian girls and lost 2000 dollars that evening.

Same as Kabukicho as well.
I don't know where exactly they try to take you to and what exactly happens later but according to the latest news, they put sleeping drug into your drink, makes you unconscious and they steal your credit card information.
Better to stay away.

I have two ways to get rid of them. One is "I forgot my wallet in my hotel so I only have 500 yen on me."

Other is to act angry and speak at them in my native language which they will have no way of knowing.

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
And people ask me why I only hangout in Setagaya during night time :) those infested parts of Shibuya and Roppongi is a no go for me. Be careful in the future.

Reactions: MikeH and impish
I found the touts in Shinjuku to be very aggressive. Several of them would walk along beside me for blocks promising amazing things if I'd only come with them. Obviously, I wasn't going to follow them but I sure as hell wish I'd have found a way to discourage them faster.

Reactions: Wwanderer
Don't even give them the time of day....don't shake their hand, engage in conversation..etc. Look the other way and keep walking...

However, I don't employ this method in Yoshiwara...I smile and nod, but usually don't make eye contact.

Before I found Kabukicho one of the most annoying places in the world. Lately I found the guards to have become less annoying. Maybe my no has become more definitely sounding, maybe I look less touristy or maybe they just remember me passing through a few times a week.

Whatever it is, none has been trailing me this year.

I find this works
5134.jpg

:LOL:

Maybe scam baiting may be the answer.

As echoed above, do NOT follow street touts. No matter how aggressive they are or what they promise.
One time in Kabukicho at night, a black tout came to me, asked where im from, i told him Italian, as im half Italian from mother, and its a shame to be french for being honest ( french are morons for the big part, pretentious, sorry to speak cash he ), so i told him i want to speak Italian with an Italian gal.
He told me no worries, i did not believe and laughed, but wtf i followed him and it was true! in this club there was a gal from Roma, dont rember her name, a real Italian girl there! Awesome :)

Just for saying, i like African people, and i spoke and joked with some Black touts in Tokyo, they laughed with all my bullshits, i like to kidding with those guys personally.

I had one guy in Roppongi follow me for a block trying to get me to go with him. I finally told him, sure let's go but I'm meeting my bf and when we do we'll all go together. I don't swing that way but the guy was like, "it's not that type of place" and let me be

Yeah, avoid at all costs. Not just the Nigerian ones, but virtually ALL of them, including the Japanese/Chinese ones. They'll rip you off. And if they don't rip you off, the girl they hook you up with will. One way or another you'll be down thousands of dollars and leave feeling like used garbage.

Reactions: MikeH
I feel the Nigerian ones are the really aggressive ones.

Those guys are all ripoff artists!

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
I got promised every kind of drug, lots of women by African touts in Roppongi, more drugs and girls by a blue-eyed middle-aged Ukrainian guy... Headphones works the best, it also drowns out the screaming battle between the kebab shops.

However... I think there should be a new factor for successful touting. Dance-Offs; tout vs. tout, choreographing all the things they promise in an explosive orgy of interpretative dance.