Guest viewing is limited

What is great sex ?

hkAlone

Holy Grail Chaser
Reaction score
I had recently a bed chat about what was "great sex".

Do you know during the act, right after the act that it was great? Does it take more time ?
Can you describe great sex components?

In my case, great sex concerned situations when I was in a zone. I am in a complete sync with my partners. There are no more words, like a deep complete mutual understanding.
I do have the feeling that things are so natural that I am not even completely there, almost a spectator. There is always a slight element of kink and dishinibition but a complete mutual understanding.
You do feel as desired as you desire.

I think your describtion is pretty good.

To me, i know i'm having great sex while i'm having it, and it doesn't have to last long at all.

I had a boyfriend who always finished very quickly, probably under 5 minutes, but our bodies were so compatible to each other that it felt amazing while it lasted (and probably too amazing for him to last). Of course i would have liked him to continue a bit longer and sometimes i felt unsatisfied after but that doesn't mean it was not good, just i wanted more. Going on too long can also become unsatisfying though, even if it started out great.
If i wanna come vaginally it would have to last longer, but that not necessary for great sex for me (although every time i've come vaginally has been during pretty great sex).
As for taking the time with foreplay beforehand, it can help to get in the mood, but cummin multiple times beforehand may tire me out which could possibly make the sex less great. A hurried quicky could give a just as great rush i think.
Because that is what great sex is to me: a rush, an ecstatic feeling. Sex is kind of an addiction for me because of the feeling it can give when there is enough excitement and bodies connect well.

To my viewpoint, I see three categories:

*1 "Selfish" great sex - you want it right here, right now. With your wife/gf/regular/companion. But other doesn't really matter. After the act, you got what you wanted.

*2 "Shared" great sex - partners take care of each other. Paying attention to respective desires. Coming together, or closely.

*3 "Philanthropic" great sex - you pay more attention to your partner's pleasure than to your own one. You feel after she came.

First of all the sex itself great feeling so no need to list out, every time you do it's gives great feeling either one or both.

Keep do it
I tend after a few years to make the difference between having bad sex, having sex, having good sex and having great sex.
In all cases, I guess there was always good physical sensations.

In the case of good sex, I was feeling super relaxed and satisfied. In my case, it'squitee related to technic and shared desire.

In the case of great sex, I'm feeling like high. I mean it was so good that I had an almost psychedelic experience. My first threesome with kitty and Emma belonged to that category. An unusual exceptional connection, almost out of time.

Having sex is more about being released. It doesn't stay long in memory.

Bad sex is actually terrible. It makes you feel even worse than before... Unfortunately it can last long in memory....

Last edited:
Bad sex is actually terrible. It makes you feel even worse than before... Unfortunately it can last long in memory....

My first reaction to the thread was similar to the philosophy:

"A bad day of fishin' beats a good day of anything else."

*Disclaimer* Under normal circumstances I am not a Country Western music fan- Willie Nelson, Waylon Jennings, Jerry Jeff Walker, though, are legend.

The lyrics are full of double entendres, at least to me.o_O

http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/billycurrington/baddayoffishin.html

Still, as usual, hkAlone follows through with an even deeper topic than the original:

What is bad sex?

Is it of a physical nature or a more inner one?:unsure:

@roots reggae

There is no way that I'm clicking on that video! I hate country music and find little wisdom in it.

If you had posted a Lurleen Lumpkin video, I would have made an exception.

A similar thought that doesn't involve horrible music from Nashville would be the sex/pizza analogy.

Sex is like pizza, even if it is bad, it is still pretty good.

Reactions: roots reggae
For me, great sex hinges on being "in the moment" and that tends to hang on how it is initiated.

In other words the lead up determines if it will be memorable for me, or not.

I had a lady visit my place once and was showing her the view from my balcony. I brushed up against her and she let out a little ooh sound.

We started going at it, we didn't do anything I hadn't done before, but I certainly remember that encounter above so many others.

I also like visuals, so having sex in the dark isn't so great.

great sex for me is when my partner can't get enough of me, like my penis is some magic ticket to her special heaven and she's just going crazy on

and then when they have the self confidence to dominate me and finish me

been a while since I had it like that

How could you forget Johnny Cash, Hank Williams Sr, (even Hank III), George Jones, Hank Snow, Charlie Daniels, Wayne Hancock, Dolly Parton or Patsy Cline?

And how could you forget Jimmie Rodgers, Carter Family, The Blue Sky Boys, Bill Monroe, Bob Wills, Ernest Tubb, Floyd Tillman, Webb Pierce, The Maddox Brothers & Rose, The Delmore Brothers, The Louvin Brothers, The Stanley Brothers, Kitty Wells, Jean Shepard, Faron Young, Ray Price, Grandpa Jones, Porter Wagoner, Jerry Lee Lewis, Buck Owens, Dock Watson, Connie Smith, David Allan Coe, Johnny Paycheck, Merle Haggard, Tompall Glaser, Gram Parsons... ?

HOW COULD YOU?

Reactions: TheScientist
And how could you forget Jimmie Rodgers, Carter Family, The Blue Sky Boys, Bill Monroe, Bob Wills, Ernest Tubb, Floyd Tillman, Webb Pierce, The Maddox Brothers & Rose, The Delmore Brothers, The Louvin Brothers, The Stanley Brothers, Kitty Wells, Jean Shepard, Faron Young, Ray Price, Grandpa Jones, Porter Wagoner, Jerry Lee Lewis, Buck Owens, Dock Watson, Connie Smith, David Allan Coe, Johnny Paycheck, Merle Haggard, Tompall Glaser, Gram Parsons... ?

HOW COULD YOU?
Thank you kind sir, I deserved the correction.

Reactions: Des Esseintes
The two questions are not actually as unrelated as they seem. I listen to virtually every pre-1980's musical genre there is but so far the best sex I've had was to the sound of free jazz, late 60's Italian erotic movie scores, 60's and 70's acid rock and US repetitive music, early 20th century impressionism/early atonal piano music and post-war electronic and acousmatic music. Probably because that was what my partners at the time were also into, probably also because abstract and loosely-structured soundscapes work better for me than tightly-composed pieces.

I love country and western but I can't imagine having sex to it...

Does great sex require great music as far as you're concerned?

Its all good my friend. In the past I've had a chance to work with some Jamaican musicians you definitely have heard of and you might be shocked if you saw my vinyl library just how deep the roots go.

Yes, the roots of reggae also include country-western. From an excerpt of an essay, ""THE UNEXPECTED IMPACT OF FOREIGN MUSIC ON REGGAE AND DANCEHALL:

Since the 1940’s, radio signals carried the sounds of Black (and White) America across the Caribbean from as far as Memphis, New Orleans, and Miami.

http://massappeal.com/easy-star-lis...-sounds-of-am-gold-influenced-jamaican-music/

So close are the ties between the genres, reggae greats Beres Hammond, Tarrus Riley, Tessanne Chin, Etana, Luciano, Sly & Robbie (legends these guys) released a compilation, ‘Reggae’s Gone Country’ to commemorate those ties.

And for your listening pleasure, an example of that influence from one of reggae's early artists, John Holt:

Just to keep the post on topic, depending on the mood and the company, both reggae and country western have themes relating to great sex or miserable sex.

I love country and western but I can't imagine having sex to it...

Agreed.

Does great sex require great music as far as you're concerned?

Not always and for me personally music is often distracting during sex, I can't not focus somewhat on the music, but lyrics are especially distracting.

Laugh if you will and call me a weirdo but I usually get better Os with Lady left-hand than with sex : more control, better fantasies , also less "localized" at the genital level... like touching the right spots near other "chakras" (sorry for being a bit woowoo here) spreads the sensations into the belly, solar plexus, heart area...
But sex fulfills a different need , at least for me. It's the connection , the touch, the exchange of energy, even looks, words... the "clicking" before , during and after the act. Recently I had a great time with Rui of [Redacted]: the BJ, handjob, Sumata etc were good (well Sumata was just okay, to be honest) but it's the "after" which was out of this world ... I don't know why but we spent nearly one hour totally "merged" and nearly fell asleep together. It was borderline psychedelic as HKalone mentioned. Maybe just chemistry or a right-time / right person thing but I also think the fact she has such a fun/direct/warm personality played a big role. A bit like a Japanese Jennifer Lawrence (in terms of voice, attitude) as was mentioned in one of her reviews here.

Not always and for me personally music is often distracting during sex, I can't not focus somewhat on the music, but lyrics are especially distracting.

I never play music with lyrics during sex. I stick mostly to what my partner likes (had three months of nothing but baroque music when I was dating a baroque violinist for example).

TV is out of the question for me but I like using my projector to project psychedelic films full of colour gels on the wall behind the bed. I like seeing her body turn red, pink, purple, green, yellow...

I suppose for me pure sex with nothing else doesn't provide enough entertainment. I like aural and visual complements.

Reactions: Frenchy