Guest viewing is limited

What is great sex ?

I never play music with lyrics during sex. I stick mostly to what my partner likes (had three months of nothing but baroque music when I was dating a baroque violinist for example).

TV is out of the question for me but I like using my projector to project psychedelic films full of colour gels on the wall behind the bed. I like seeing her body turn red, pink, purple, green, yellow...

I suppose for me pure sex with nothing else doesn't provide enough entertainment. I like aural and visual complements.
I fully get and respect what you are saying here, and a few decades ago I might have agreed but these days all that would just distract me from the focus on my and her sensations.

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
I never play music with lyrics during sex. I stick mostly to what my partner likes (had three months of nothing but baroque music when I was dating a baroque violinist for example).

TV is out of the question for me but I like using my projector to project psychedelic films full of colour gels on the wall behind the bed. I like seeing her body turn red, pink, purple, green, yellow...

I suppose for me pure sex with nothing else doesn't provide enough entertainment. I like aural and visual complements.

Baroque? To each his/her own but that would have immediately "baroquen" the mood for me.:rolleyes:

Baroque? To each his/her own but that would have immediately "baroquen" the mood for me.:rolleyes:

I find baroque music very sensual. Especially Italian baroque such as Scarlatti, Pergolesi, Corelli, Geminiani or Strozzi (a woman composer).
Alternatively, French baroque such as Rameau or Couperin on piano have a playful quality that is good for foreplay.

I find baroque music very sensual. Especially Italian baroque such as Scarlatti, Pergolesi, Corelli, Geminiani or Strozzi (a woman composer).
Alternatively, French baroque such as Rameau or Couperin on piano have a playful quality that is good for foreplay.

Hey, not sayin' it's not sensual, it's just that a pun was so tempting.;)

Reactions: Des Esseintes

Well, if it ain't baroque, don't fix it.

I really love the completely new and unexpected territories where those threads are going sometimes. Who knew that Rameau could be good on foreplays ?!
Thanks guys! :)

Interesting topic.

A few things.......if any music is in the background.......this is a very good choice imho
Ravel's Bolero. My Godmother told me about this........

Being with someone who wants to be with you has worked for me as far as good memories go. Mutual understanding of what both parties need and the willingness to carry that out......even go the extra mile if need be.
An Emotional connection is the only thing that works for me nowadays. I really like "Pillow talk" and to me that constitutes part(s) of what I would call great sex.

I of course believe in the eye candy requirement.......if the eyes don't tell the brain.....

I can't remember much of the feelings I got each time me and my x-girlfriend had sex, since last time was a little over a year ago. Those memories about those feelings fade away no matter how much I want to keep them as if it happened yesterday.

But starting off cuddling and cozy talk before we move to foreplay. Having lots of eye contact, like that we were literally communicating and understanding with our bodies and what our eyes are telling each other, holding hands and lots of kissing, all passionate. Feeling like we're in a very small bubble and there's only us in it. And finally finishing it off without pulling it out. And if I climaxed before she did, I made sure she could climax too, otherwise it would be a little unfair.
I haven't had much sex, only 7-8 times. And a service session in Kabukicho before I got a gf.. So I'm not much experienced or haven't had much chances in exploring different things. I hope I get the chance for it soon.
But those times we did like I described was the best of the best feelings I could think of.

Aaah, I miss her :'/

I think your describtion is pretty good.

To me, i know i'm having great sex while i'm having it, and it doesn't have to last long at all.

I had a boyfriend who always finished very quickly, probably under 5 minutes, but our bodies were so compatible to each other that it felt amazing while it lasted (and probably too amazing for him to last). Of course i would have liked him to continue a bit longer and sometimes i felt unsatisfied after but that doesn't mean it was not good, just i wanted more. Going on too long can also become unsatisfying though, even if it started out great.
If i wanna come vaginally it would have to last longer, but that not necessary for great sex for me (although every time i've come vaginally has been during pretty great sex).
As for taking the time with foreplay beforehand, it can help to get in the mood, but cummin multiple times beforehand may tire me out which could possibly make the sex less great. A hurried quicky could give a just as great rush i think.
Because that is what great sex is to me: a rush, an ecstatic feeling. Sex is kind of an addiction for me because of the feeling it can give when there is enough excitement and bodies connect well.

...you have no idea how much that explanation turned me on. Don't ask me why, it just does. :smuggrin:

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
Great sex is when you think about half way through "geez...I should probably put a towel down or something."

Bad sex: If during the sexual act you are mentally making the shopping list, organizing your weekly planning, ... :ROFLMAO:

Good sex: You have an orgasm and enjoy, there is mutual desire and you desire to please.

Incredible sex: When words aren't needed, chemistry is floating into the air.Your lover just looking to your eyes is able to read your mind and give you what your body wants/needs in each moment by measuring times intervals to make you want more. That's it :rolleyes:

Great sex is when your senses are taken by storm. You can feel the pleasure everywhere, the skin is melting from desire, a touch is an orgasm, you breath just to feel him even more deep inside, and looking into his eyes....oh, that longing that makes you feel lost and surrender to a moment of endless pleasure. It's like time is suspended, it's a trance.