What music do you like to listen to?

Since many of you are in Japan (or other places) you may not have noticed the serious suckfest that the American music industry has turned into over the last 5+ years or so. I know music taste is very individual but I can't stand most of the mainstream crap that's coming out these days (with just a few exceptions).

Right now I've been spending a lot of time rediscovering artists I used to listen to back in the day and realizing there's a bunch of great songs I never knew existed.

the serious suckfest that the American music industry has turned into over the last 25+ years or so.

Fixed that for you....

Since many of you are in Japan (or other places) you may not have noticed the serious suckfest that the American music industry has turned into over the last 5+ years or so. I know music taste is very individual but I can't stand most of the mainstream crap that's coming out these days (with just a few exceptions).

Right now I've been spending a lot of time rediscovering artists I used to listen to back in the day and realizing there's a bunch of great songs I never knew existed.
My band plays all old stuff that not everyone knows..........the songs that should have been hits but.........

John Denver hardcore lately,

The fuck this guy owned capitalism and enjoyed it

My band plays all old stuff that not everyone knows..........the songs that should have been hits but.........
It sounds like you would appreciate this show:
http://undergroundgarage.com/

As the name implies, Little Steven’s Underground Garage places heavy emphasis on Garage-Band type music. Some of it’s by bands you know and some are obscure.

The show is theme-driven and it’s very informative.

One of the features I enjoy is The Coolest Song In The World This Week.

Several years ago, the show featured an excellent interview with Iggy Pop.

This is one of my saved channels on Sirius XM.

Reactions: Godric
Gonna play a bunch of them on Friday..........or at least try to :p

Been listening to the Dictators all weekend. Music really has been going downhill since the 70s....

Been listening to the Dictators all weekend. Music really has been going downhill since the 70s....

I really like “Cars And Girls.” The Dictators get a lot airplay on Little Steven’s Underground Garage.

Reactions: Sudsy
I really like “Cars And Girls.” The Dictators get a lot airplay on Little Steven’s Underground Garage.

Wasnt it a Prefab Sprout song? (Obscure 80´s band whose only hit had the same title)

@DireWolf98 and the Buta both love the
Wild Horses

Such a sad, sad song ...
But one of their best.
Always wondered if this is personal and if so who is the « graceless lady ». Maybe Marianne Faithfull ?

How come all of The Rolling Stones look so wrinkly these days? I know they are old, but how come none of them are fat old guys? You know, like normal people.

Wasnt it a Prefab Sprout song? (Obscure 80´s band whose only hit had the same title)

Most of the Dictators’ stuff is covers, done in their own style.

Reactions: DireWolf98
@DireWolf98 and the Buta both love the

How come all of The Rolling Stones look so wrinkly these days? I know they are old, but how come none of them are fat old guys? You know, like normal people.
That’s how they were tagged with the Nickname “The Rolling Bones.”