What music do you like to listen to?

Back to my Steely Dan trip this weekend.
At the top of my playlist is “Dirty Work” from the band’s debut album Can’t Buy a Thrill (1972).

Times are hard
You're afraid to pay the fee
So you find yourself somebody
Who can do the job for free
When you need a bit of lovin'
'Cause your man is out of town
That's the time you get me runnin'
And you know I'll be around

Bonus cover from The Simpsons:

I first heard this 80s-era pop song, “If You Should Sail”, played by a really good band at the old Hyatt on Roxas Boulevard in Manila in the early 90s.
It had that yacht music kind of vibes, like those tunes from Christopher Cross, Rupert Holmes and Kenny Loggins.
But when I found this video with lyrics, I realised this was a stalker’s song — but with a real catchy refrain.

Reactions: Ken1988 and Frenchy
So it just occurred to me... Canadian chicks are good at break-up / sad love songs (Alanis - pretty much all what she sang - , Avril , Celine, Justin - not a gal but close and his « Sorry » is a good example)

@Sudsy , any comment on that? Is it a favorite pastime in caribou-land?

So it just occurred to me... Canadian chicks are good at break-up / sad love songs (Alanis - pretty much all what she sang - , Avril , Celine, Justin - not a gal but close and his « Sorry » is a good example)

@Sudsy , any comment on that? Is it a favorite pastime in caribou-land?

I actually despise every one of those performers...

I was always partial to:

Warpig

Bob’s Your Uncle

Teenage Head

And the Real McKenzies (but they were called Tartan Haggis back then)

I was always partial to:

Warpig

Bob’s Your Uncle

Teenage Head

yeah well I kinda anticipated you didn’t like them, just wanted to know whether theres a higher prob to get sad sad songs with Canadians or not
But hey thanks for the selection! Especially Warpig which sounds like early Deep Purple and I mean that in a good way

Reactions: Sudsy
yeah well I kinda anticipated you didn’t like them, just wanted to know whether theres a higher prob to get sad sad songs with Canadians or not
But hey thanks for the selection! Especially Warpig which sounds like early Deep Purple and I mean that in a good way

We honestly tend more towards drunken songs.

You would have enjoyed Thor. His live shows were a mix of hard rock and strongman tricks like bending steel with his teeth and rolling frying pans. :)

Reactions: Ken1988

I was always partial to:

Warpig

Bob’s Your Uncle

Teenage Head

Now we're talking.

Especially Warpig which sounds like early Deep Purple and I mean that in a good way

I was expecting something way heavier from someone called Warpig but somehow this reminds me of early Blue Oyster Cult. Or did I have too many beers already?

(And is there a thing called too many beers? Aren't you supposed to pass out just before that happens?)

Great song about morning sex for you dirty mongers on this fine Saturday morning by an artist and a man who merits big respect. Born an albino in Jamaica, orphaned as a result. Beaten, abused and discriminated against through his childhood, against all odds he grew up and became one of the most loved and celebrated dancehall reggae artists of all time. Later in life he developed skin cancer. Now with parts of his jaw completely removed and a terribly disfigured face, he still performs. The most admirable thing about him is that his lyrics are incredibly positive and light and humorous. He is the worlds most powerful living example of that it doesn't matter what cards life deals you, its how you play them. Respect for Yellowman!

Reactions: Frenchy
One that I do immediately upon entering a love hotel room is turn off that damn music loop that is set up in many hotels.
Once inside the room of a soapland, I always request the lady to turn off the piped-in music. Then I play my own music from my phone.
These ladies usually ask later for some tunes from my curated playlist of 70s-80s songs. I love to share these tunes. Guess they’re too young to have known these, especially the catchy jazz numbers.
Same thing happens on a date at my hotel room. I get asked about certain songs. It makes for good conversation between rounds.

Reactions: Majestyk and MikeH
Nothing like reheated leftover pasta for breakfast.
So that prompted me to check out the Danish National Symphony Orchestra’s amazing performance of “Once Upon a Time in the West”.

Have a good weekend, everyone!

This one was when the Japanese had energy to copy the best of others...I'm not sure if this band is still alive.

Nicki Minaj. ( yeah, why not?)

Yikes , I play tag, :) and you in it for life
Yikes , you a clown , you do it for likes ...

Nicki Minaj. ( yeah, why not?)

Yikes , I play tag, :) and you in it for life
Yikes , you a clown , you do it for likes ...

What's worse.....this or the coronavirus?

Reactions: DireWolf98
What's worse.....this or the coronavirus?
... The chick who made me listen to Nicki Minaj!

( it was the « no-kissing » policy Japanese SB... but then I had the kissing-way-too-much-even-when-I-was-driving-freaking-dangerous Brazilian SB. Karma is a bitch :D)

Feeling a little soulful tonight.