What music do you like to listen to?

what I regret missing is the late 90s/early 00s Paris scene though, coz I was already in Japan.

not that I like them that much , but I remember each time I was coming back to the homeland friends were raving about Daft Punk . Some attended that party where they spinned Da Funk for the First time (as showed in the Eden movie). And the rest is history

When I got to Japan at the end of the 00s it really reminded me of that period in Britain, culturally because of the weird coexistence of admiration for yet casual racism towards Korean culture and music; that was exactly the same as the way the Brits loved French culture in the early 00s but still were openly and casually racist towards the French. So weird.

Anyway, I discovered a French artist called French 79 yesterday and it brought back memories of that period too. Been listening to his music on repeat all day.

Reactions: Frenchy
When I got to Japan at the end of the 00s it really reminded me of that period in Britain, culturally because of the weird coexistence of admiration for yet casual racism towards Korean culture and music; that was exactly the same as the way the Brits loved French culture in the early 00s but still were openly and casually racist towards the French. So weird.

Anyway, I discovered a French artist called French 79 yesterday and it brought back memories of that period too. Been listening to his music on repeat all day.

well, we have a long and troubled history as nations for sure :D. Can’t think of any longer love/hate relationship between two countries... 1000 years and counting!
I liked the Blair-era UK pop but of course the 70s monster bands were way way above (Stones, LedZep , Sabbath, Floyd , Who etc)

Last edited:

Popped up on my playlist, been listening to it on repeat. Love the feels of this song.

Reactions: Ken1988
Okay, guys, I am back with a playlist of random songs from restaurants, netflix dramas etc. But I really think this one is a bit of an actual humdinger.

If you don't find something on here that you like, all hope is lost. OR you need to listen to less metal.

Candies Haru ichiban
Slowdive Catch the Breeze
Lindberg 水着とBeachとBoys
Pretenders i go to sleep
French 79 Diamond Veins
Cults You know what I mean
French 79 Hold on
French 79 Hometown
Tones and I Dance Monkey
Lindberg GAMBA らなっくちゃうね
The Naked and Famous Young Blood
One Direction Kiss You
Adele Rumour Has it
Jessie J Price Tag

You can all thank me later.

Reactions: Ken1988 and Frenchy
Okay, One more. If you don't like this song you are dead to me:

Reactions: Tabanico
ha ha.

I would just like to note that my karaoke metal performances are impeccable.

Reactions: Sudsy
Lindberg 水着とBeachとBoys
Lindberg GAMBA らなっくちゃうね

Someone here actually listens to Lindberg? The first band I started collecting when moving to Japan, and Maki-chan still has a really cute butt even today.

They were also in the pre-match play list for the unconventional spinner Ryoko Tani so you know they must be good.

Reactions: Tabanico and MikeH
Anyone remember Romeo Void? One of the many bands killed by MTV and the new insistence that musicians also be conventionally attractive...

Anyone remember Romeo Void? One of the many bands killed by MTV and the new insistence that musicians also be conventionally attractive...

Great band/song! Been covered by a ton of artists but nothing near as good as this.

Reactions: Tabanico and Sudsy
holy fuck. that song is great. never heard of them till now but they are now on my list after Fleetwood Mac, The Wedding Present, Fuck Buttons and Moldy Peaches.

Reactions: Sudsy
holy fuck. that song is great. never heard of them till now but they are now on my list after Fleetwood Mac, The Wedding Present, Fuck Buttons and Moldy Peaches.

MTV spelled doom for so many fantastic bands like that.

But it also spawned two favourite tracks....

Prerequisite information, Martha Quinn was MTV's most popular "VJ" back in the day.

maxresdefault.jpg

And Jello Biafra hit it out of the park....

Reactions: Ken1988
Shit that reminds me of when I was about 15. On holiday in Europe. And all we had was MTV and they played a song on repeat that was something like my brand new girl

Anyone know what I'm talking about?

Shit that reminds me of when I was about 15. On holiday in Europe. And all we had was MTV and they played a song on repeat that was something like my brand new girl

Anyone know what I'm talking about?
Which year was that ?

I guess about 1992.

Also. Guys. Please tell me this isn't going to go down as badly as can't we talk it over (which is still the best song known to humanity - shame on you all):

Reactions: Simonka
I think that title is pretty conclusively claimed by Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody.

I'm thinking there's quite a few Beatles (John Lennon) songs that are a step above......just mho :p

I'm thinking there's quite a few Beatles (John Lennon) songs that are a step above......just mho :p
We shall have to agree to disagree.But I think I explained the reason why one time we were drinking. If not, will explain the next time we're drinking.

Reactions: just4fun
We shall have to agree to disagree.But I think I explained the reason why one time we were drinking. If not, will explain the next time we're drinking.
I'll need this explaination relatively soon :p

Reactions: just4fun