What TV show are you currently watching?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been watching the 2018 remake of Meteor Garden on Netflix lately. Its actually based on a manga from the 1990s. This new remake has a ridiculously high budget (USD25-35 million) and the production quality is excellent aside from all the China-side filming having been done in cold weather and being able to see breath condensation in scenes that were supposedly not winter. The product placement is a bit over the top too.

The wire was great. I also loved breaking bad as well. Game of thrones, Spartacus with the violence, nudity and sex are also to my liking. Altered Carbon was a recent favorite. The awesome future visuals is what I enjoyed a lot about it. Like that blade runner feel.
I was a huge fan of Spartacus back in the day. RIP Andy Whitfield.

Reactions: Mr 3 and Santi333
I just finished Westworld Season 2. Binge watching Sons of Anarchy right now (y)

WW lost me at the end of Season one. Don't really like where the story went. SoA was great, but I got tired of it around season 4( maybe 5). I'll probably return to finish it, I just had been binge watching it for a week straight.

Things I am watching (waiting to watch this fall).

Young Sheldon, Disenchanment, Gotham, The Flash, Arrow, Supergirl. Final Space.

The Good Place is forking awesome!

Recently started Rick and Morty, that's a pretty messed up show right there.

Am sad this will be the last season of The Big Bang Theory, but it has had a good run, so it's time to let it go.

That is on my list to checkout this week, good to know it's synonymous with "fucking insane", maybe I'll start it sooner rather than later...
Definitely not for kids or adults with a weak stomach

Reactions: impish
Just finished Season 2 of OZARK - Jason Bateman.... He is a money launderer for a drug cartel in Chicago and moves to the OZARKs to continue...
Also finished Friday Night Dinner - BBC4 series - not new 2011 Me thinks... but it was OK quite a few funny bits.
I'm not one for Fantasy TBH, but gave WestWorld a try.. season 2 was a bit too lame for me..
I like Silicon Valley, Ballers, Billions...
Now searching for a new series to binge... will check out some mentioned here... Thanks TAGer's....

I'm currently rewatching The Sopranos for the...5th time? I've made it a tradition to watch it once a year. It's my favourite show of all time. Some people I know online also joined in, so we are kind of watching it together and it's always a blast to quote the show and screencap it.

Been watching a few episodes of Black Mirror (Netflix) recently. Our future, according to this series looks grim.

*edit* Link added.
The Nosedive episode was spooky as hell... (earlier season)

One of the newer ones, about the memory reader.... that was also spooky as fuck.

I just wrapped up the latest Ozark (NetFlix) season...

Not bad, I liked it better this season.
"Darlene" needs to be put in the ground. :banghead:

Reactions: warubuta and Sudsy
No doubt this hit a little close too home for far too many social media addicts.
Yep. Lots of those people with addictions for likes and reactions on Snap Chat, Instagram, etc would probably freak them out.
Interestingly enough, they use a weighted 5-star system in that episode instead of just counting likes or followers. Could you imagine if some social media company took that to heart and started converting it towards a rating [system] similar to that episode? Get me some popcorn... :hilarious:

Reactions: MissInsomnia
Interestingly enough, they use a weighted 5-star system in that episode instead of just counting likes or followers. Could you imagine if some social media company took that to heart and started converting it towards a rating [system] similar to that episode? Get me some popcorn... :hilarious:

I think that's what I love about Black Mirror, it's not too unreasonable to think some of these episodes are not far from becoming reality. The whole series seems to be as much of a psychological thriller as it is a sci-fi thriller.

All this talk about Black Mirror has me ready to fire up another episode right now.

Reactions: TAG Manager
Anyone have Amazon Prime Video?

If you do... Have you watched any of the new Jack Ryan series?

Any feedback is appreciated.

All this talk about Black Mirror has me ready to fire up another episode right now.
I watched two older episodes today at work...
....now i'm about to crank up the nerd level and go do some raiding practice runs. :geek:

Anyone have Amazon Prime Video?

If you do... Have you watched any of the new Jack Ryan series?

Any feedback is appreciated.

I felt they did a good job with it. It was very entertaining and the characters well developed, even the "bad guys." It is worth watching, in my opinion.

Reactions: Troilist
I felt they did a good job with it. It was very entertaining and the characters well developed, even the "bad guys." It is worth watching, in my opinion.
Thanks for the input... I was sitting on the fence about it.
I did not really like the last Jack Ryan movie - so I was wondering how this would play out.

Reactions: Troilist and Mr 3
Atlanta is finally on Netflix, so, Atlanta.

Of stuff that’s currently on, Better Call Saul, which is also one of my favorite shows ever. There’s a lot of relatable content in both of those.

Better Call Saul, which is also one of my favorite shows ever.
I'm loving the backstory pieces that connect into BB. And oh, hey, what's this? I've not yet watched this week's episode... I'll save that for tomorrow.

Atlanta is finally on Netflix, so, Atlanta.
Ah, I think I've heard about this one... will pin it.

Reactions: Saitama
It’s similar to both of those series; terribly talented people who don’t use their skill “correctly,” filmed well, with exposure to appropriate music outside of the normal scope. There’s more direct humor in Atlanta (there’s one character who seems like pure comic relief who develops more), but there’s also deeply, deeply irony-funny stuff, similar to the humor of BB.

It’s similar to both of those series; terribly talented people who don’t use their skill “correctly,” filmed well, with exposure to appropriate music outside of the normal scope. There’s more direct humor in Atlanta (there’s one character who seems like pure comic relief who develops more), but there’s also deeply, deeply irony-funny stuff, similar to the humor of BB.
Thanks for the follow-up with more depth, appreciate the effort.

I just wrapped up the latest Ozark (NetFlix) season...

Not bad, I liked it better this season.
"Darlene" needs to be put in the ground. :banghead:

I liked it better as well. And like you, the person I wanted most to see end up in the ground didn't.

But a river is a close second.

Status
Not open for further replies.