What TV show are you currently watching?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having a newfound interest in learning what I can about the Japanese culture, I've been watching Terrace House on Netflix. It is giving me a glimpse of the Japanese culture that normally I would have no access to because I don't speak the language. I enjoy seeing the hosts/commentators make their jokes and comments. I love their sense of humor and their chemistry.

Chubby Chris Pratt from Parks and Rec was so cute

Chubby Chris Pratt > ripped Chris Pratt

original.gif

I've just started watching The Deuce, an HBO series about the sex industry in New York City in the early 1970's. You gotta love the pimp outfits.

I just finished Westworld Season 2. Binge watching Sons of Anarchy right now (y)

Update:

finished Sons of Anarchy all seasons (the last few seasons were really bad)
finished True Detective Season 1 and Season 2. Season 1 is one of the best TV shows ever made. Season 2 felt like a random action movie.
finished Sopranos. (now I know why it's considered one of the best TV shows ever)
finished Castle Rock (very promising show but had a shitty ending)

Taking suggestions for next show.

Finally got around to getting caught up on the Netflix Marvel series. Jessica Jones got me interested in it again, so I watched that first then went back and watched Daredevil S1 & S2 and now about a third of the way through Luke Cage.

Interesting to see the different production styles of each show and color palettes they use in the environments to match the characters - ex Jessica Jones used a lot of blues while Luke Cage has primarily green and gold. Kinda bummed that Netflix canned all of the shows except for Daredevil. :(

Finally got around to getting caught up on the Netflix Marvel series. Jessica Jones got me interested in it again, so I watched that first then went back and watched Daredevil S1 & S2 and now about a third of the way through Luke Cage.

Interesting to see the different production styles of each show and color palettes they use in the environments to match the characters - ex Jessica Jones used a lot of blues while Luke Cage has primarily green and gold. Kinda bummed that Netflix canned all of the shows except for Daredevil. :(
They will cancel all marvel production to make way for disney. Daredevil has been cancelled. Just fyi.

Makes me sad that all the marvel stuff on netflix is getting the plug pulled thanks to Disney, but at the same time Season 2 of Jessica Jones was a resounding "Meh" Season 2 of Daredevil was the same, Iron Fist sucked all across the board, the Defenders was also "meh" and Season 2 of Luke Cage has been... I so far can't get through it, it's kinda sucked.
So in a way I'm kind of glad that they've done a mediocre second season with all of them because if they'd cancelled after the amazing first seasons I would have been steamed, but now that I'm already disappointed I'm just glad that it can't get worse.

Bird Box on Netflix was ok, and I enjoyed Hilda, it's super cute and the music was done by Grimes which is a band I quite like.

I'm spending a lot of time on Netflix this Holidays.

Reactions: AMcguyver
"Killing Eve" -- Anyone seen it?

Worth watching?

I really enjoyed Killing Eve. Jodie Comer and Sandra Oh have great chemistry together. The soundtrack and production values are top notch too. It’s not your average police procedural drama.

Bird Box on Netflix
One of the great movie on Netflix

Any French TV drama you recommend to watch on You Tube? I tried to look for it, but not much real stuff was found.

I want to watch and listen beautiful sound of French, by hot actors. Mmm...light, fun love commedy type? Most seems quite dark and timid...

Any French TV drama you recommend to watch on You Tube? I tried to look for it, but not much real stuff was found.

I want to watch and listen beautiful sound of French, by hot actors. Mmm...light, fun love commedy type? Most seems quite dark and timid...
I don't think you'll find many with english subs
it's not a drama but I used to watch "un gars une fille" (a dude and a girl) it was a very nice comedy show about couple life.

Reactions: Yuriko
I don't think you'll find many with english subs
it's not a drama but I used to watch "un gars une fille" (a dude and a girl) it was a very nice comedy show about couple life.

Thank you for the info!! (^^)

I'd love to shag Lagertha. The older I get the more I find myself attracted to Scandinavian types.

Though not all blondes with blue eyes are Scandinavian type. She looks more like an eastern European peasant which is understandable as her roots are in Ukraine.

I'd love to shag Lagertha. The older I get the more I find myself attracted to Scandinavian types.
C'mon you watched the show, you know Lagertha would be the one fucking you. ;)

Reactions: DanniCake
I watched "The Christmas Chronicles" last night to be all Christmas festive, it was pretty ok, like just a solid Christmas type adventure with Santa sort of movie so if you haven't seen it I'd recommend it... Next year around Christmas, because it's a little late now.
It's not good enough to be on my "Always Watch for Christmas" roster, but it's pretty hard to get on that list.
(Die Hard, The Nightmare Before Christmas, A Muppet Christmas Carol)

Then I watched a few episodes of Brooklyn 99 because it's a little lonely to be alone on Christmas but the 99 always makes me smile.

Status
Not open for further replies.