What TV show are you currently watching?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Highly recommended: Brothers in Arms, a documentary about the making of Platoon (1986).
I wasn’t expecting much when I saw this last night, but found it very compelling. I spent a couple of nights — many years later, of course — in the same hotel where the film’s cast and crew stayed in the Philippines. San Miguel beer and lambanog, distilled liquor made from coconut. Good times. Looking forward to see this doc again.

71705BBA-4D8B-49FF-8D30-D444ED591E36.jpeg

I just finished "Living With Yourself". Paul Rudd limited series. Very fun. Just started "Daybreak". Looks promising.

I just finished "Living With Yourself". Paul Rudd limited series. Very fun. Just started "Daybreak". Looks promising.
Just started “Living with Yourself” - thanks for the feedback. (y)

Reactions: inaka
Been hearing good things about this one:

Caught the first episode last week. (y)
I couldn’t help but imagine Don Johnson playing an older, wiser version of Det. James “Sonny” Crockett. This new show gave him a very good role.

25F59DB9-76C2-4987-8087-06B6FB607719.jpeg

Mandalorian...! Also Rick and Morty Just started up again. YEah! S04e01

If any of you folks are into horror type shows and also interested in historical angles involving things related to Japan, the AMC station here stateside dedicated the second season of its series, "The Terror," to a plot revolving around the Japanese-American experience during WWII. They cast a number of actual Japanese actors and actresses (like Kiki Sukezane) to play the main roles, and although the Japanese-American actors could not speak Japanese for utter shit (no surprise there) I thought the season was actually really, really well done.

mv7Bg0Y7_400x400.png

All of the episodes are streaming online for free at the AMC website (or commercial-free on Hulu) so you can definitely make a two-day binge out of it, and afterwards, if you're like me, you can have a second season finale by rubbing one out to Kiki's Instagram page. I was contemplating taking an extended trip to California to stalk her until I found out she's from Kyoto. Sorry, but my five inches are too pure for Kansai rubbish.

Last edited:
On Netflix currently finishing up the Ultraman Anime :geek: and the second season of Shinya Shokudo :hungry:. Also watching the new season of Terrace House, though don’t really care for any of the cast so far. Only reason I started watching it was because the house was used in several JAVs - a little surprised the commentators (esp. Yamachan) haven’t brought that fact up yet.;)

Reactions: Keihan Chikan
Also watching the new season of Terrace House, though don’t really care for any of the cast so far. Only reason I started watching it was because the house was used in several JAVs...

I have no idea what the appeal is in that show but a couple friends of mine are absolutely obsessed with Terrace House. A rich friend of mine befriended one of the season sluts (I think her name was Chikako?) while they were filming nearby and she still hangs out at his house when she's back in town. He tried getting me to come over one night while she was there and I was also in town but I had no idea who she was and didn't realize how hot she was till he sent me her picture the next morning. Last I heard, she's in L.A. trying to get a role in an American production, but apparently nobody explained to her that this isn't Japan and you actually have to possess some shred of acting ability to get an acting job here.

How is Mandalorian?? Does it live up to the hype? Considering ordering Disney + just for that...
Do it!!!! Don't hesitate just do it!

Merica said:
How is Mandalorian?? Does it live up to the hype? Considering ordering Disney + just for that...

Just one episode so far. I read that episode 2 is coming out earlier than one week rom the first one . - - - maybe tomorrow. It is off to a great start. I got mine off torrents.

Anyone watch this “fruits delivery” on Netflix? It’s a Japanese series about delivery health shop. It’s fucking depressing. Obviously it probably doesn’t quite reflect reality but... I’m hoping someone here has seen it and is opinionated about it.

Merica said:

Just one episode so far. I read that episode 2 is coming out earlier than one week rom the first one . - - - maybe tomorrow. It is off to a great start. I got mine off torrents.

Watched the Mandalorian finally, 3 episodes. It’s really good! Can’t believe it took me so long to start.

The "Irishman" was ok. Good acting as I expected.

Reactions: namae
I’ve got a very early start tomorrow, so I should be in bed now.
But no ... here I am binge-watching the first season of Money Heist on Netflix.
Great show.
I also really like Ms. Tokyo (Úrsula Corberó) below.

818DCE98-60E2-425B-B46F-E6543A83D76F.jpeg

Just finished:
- Better Call Saul S05
- Westworld S03
- Homeland S08

Wasn't a big fan of Breaking Bad, but Better Call Saul is a must watch.

Top 3 :
1) The Sopranos
2) The Wire
3) Better Call Saul

Status
Not open for further replies.