What's your favourite luxury hotel in/around Tokyo?

monalisaoverdrive

TAG Member
Reaction score
Just wondering. I usually stay at 3/4 star hotels but once in a while I love to splurge and stay somewhere really classy.

I feel like there are so many nice places to stay around Tokyo and I've stayed at most of the 5-star places but my favorite is still Park Hyatt Tokyo in Shinjuku. It's just so serene and peaceful. I really can't describe why I love it so much but I just find it to be so amazing every time I stay there. I've also stayed at the Hilton, Imperial Hotel, Hoshinoya, etc. and they were interesting in their own ways.

Hilton Odaiba. The suite room has a jacuzzi bathtub outside, over looking Tokyo Bay. Great for having semi outdoor sex while watching the Sunset, if you are in that kind of thing.

The swimming pool has a rotemburo with a really nice view of Rainbow bridge, but it is not private.

I like Conrad Tokyo if I can splurge for a bit more than my usual budget. The location is very convenient especially if you are traveling to/from Haneda Airport. The view is nice if you go for the Tokyo Bay facing rooms and not the city facing rooms. The view for thw city facing rooms is just really MEH with other high rises nearby.

I have never been to some of the luxury ones like Andaz Tokyo or Aman Tokyo but I have heard good things about them. For Park Hyatt Tokyo the standard king room can be a bit small though when comparing to say Conrad Tokyo standard king room for instance. Park Hyatt Tokyo is also not as convenient as it is quite a bit further away from Shinjuku Station and their shuttles is like every 30 minutes (or was it 20 minutes, I forgot) which means you would have to usually take a quick taxi to anywhere and back for under 1k yen each way, which is penauts I guess if you are staying there. The view is superb though.

The newer Kimpton Shinjuku Tokyo nearly also looks nice but also further away from Shinjuku Station. There are a lot of new and luxury hotels popping up in Tokyo. Bvlgari Hotel Tokyo which occupies the top floors of the new building across from Tokyo Station with the underground bus terminals.

Hilton Odaiba. The suite room has a jacuzzi bathtub outside, over looking Tokyo Bay. Great for having semi outdoor sex while watching the Sunset, if you are in that kind of thing.

The swimming pool has a rotemburo with a really nice view of Rainbow bridge, but it is not private.
I've been here before! I liked it very much. I didn't try the swimming pool but the suite room had a nice view of rainbow bridge. It was really interesting walking around Odaiba in the middle of the night during the pandemic. Quite literally no one was outside anywhere. Felt so odd but I enjoyed it.

Would recommend Suite 247 on the 53rd floor of the Ritz-Carlton in Tokyo Midtown Roppongi. At least try it once for a weekend staycation or something - you won’t be disappointed.
I've actually never stayed at this one but it looks amazing. Suite 247? I'll be sure to reserve it when I get a chance. Thanks! I did stay at the Grand Hyatt in Roppongi but I'm sure the Ritz-Carlton is more interesting.

I like Conrad Tokyo if I can splurge for a bit more than my usual budget. The location is very convenient especially if you are traveling to/from Haneda Airport. The view is nice if you go for the Tokyo Bay facing rooms and not the city facing rooms. The view for thw city facing rooms is just really MEH with other high rises nearby.

I have never been to some of the luxury ones like Andaz Tokyo or Aman Tokyo but I have heard good things about them. For Park Hyatt Tokyo the standard king room can be a bit small though when comparing to say Conrad Tokyo standard king room for instance. Park Hyatt Tokyo is also not as convenient as it is quite a bit further away from Shinjuku Station and their shuttles is like every 30 minutes (or was it 20 minutes, I forgot) which means you would have to usually take a quick taxi to anywhere and back for under 1k yen each way, which is penauts I guess if you are staying there. The view is superb though.

The newer Kimpton Shinjuku Tokyo nearly also looks nice but also further away from Shinjuku Station. There are a lot of new and luxury hotels popping up in Tokyo. Bvlgari Hotel Tokyo which occupies the top floors of the new building across from Tokyo Station with the underground bus terminals.

I think Aman Hotel is one of the only hotels I've never stayed at anywhere simply because it's so insanely expensive. Even during the pandemic it still stayed around 150k+ a night. And yeah, you're right about the location regarding the Park Hyatt. It's a bit far from the station so I always end up taking a cab but that costs extra money of course. But it really does have an amazing view and atmosphere altogether.

I'd actually never heard of the Kimpton in Shinjuku but wow... it really does look quite sophisticated. The Bulgari Hotel will be open next year. The location, as you said, is pretty nice. I'm guessing it'll be pretty well booked once the tourists come back. Thanks for the info!

Reactions: TAG Manager
I've actually never stayed at this one but it looks amazing. Suite 247? I'll be sure to reserve it when I get a chance. Thanks! I did stay at the Grand Hyatt in Roppongi but I'm sure the Ritz-Carlton is more interesting.

Please invite me over for a drink when you stay? 😀

When you enter Suite 247 your eyes will be drawn to the spectacular panoramic vistas of the Kanto plain and Mount Fuji. Located on the 53rd floor, the suite is a stunning 300 square meters in size. At two million yen per night, it is the most expensive hotel room in Tokyo.

After you pass through the entrance, there is the luxurious 100 square meter living room. At first glance the décor seems minimalist. Yet a closer look reveals the skill and attention to detail of Japanese craftsmanship. The carpet design is based on nihonga paintings, while the fabric used for the sofas and walls is nishijinori by the kimono designer Jotaro Saito. No expense has been spared to create a once in a lifetime luxurious experience.

Clouds and mist, the central theme of the room, represent the fact that this suite is located at the top of the tallest hotel in Tokyo. The wallpaper in the living room is made of fragments of silver-flecked washi Japanese paper, a technique used in nishijinori a kimono manufacturing technique for over 300 years. Guests relaxing in the living room should feel as if they are floating on clouds. 🥹🥹🥹❤️

At two million yen per night,
That's about 70 soapland visit, or 5 overnight with Perry.

1666660352416.png
I will take Perry , thank you very much.

Il add mandarin oriental to that list.
The previously mentioned ones like park hyatt and ritz carlton are very nice inside but you would be staying in shinjuku or roppongi which will kinda ruin the experience a bit as soon as you step out the door.

That's about 70 soapland visit, or 5 overnight with Perry.

I will take Perry , thank you very much.
That’s a tough one.

I am a strong believer in the phrase “quality over quantity” like any astute gentleman, but 70 soapland visits is one girl a day for 2 months straight, or almost 3 girls a week for half a year.

In this case, it’s neither quantity or quality, but returns over time that wins the debate.

Back on topic: I got to stay in an executive suite for three days at the Park Hyatt when my rich uncle spoiled me back in 2007. He also lent me 1,000,000 yen to spend for the trip. I had limited Japanese ability, but was a miserable fucking prude who wanted to charm a lovely lady off the street. I think now of what kind of insane things I could have done with that cash if I’d known about fuzoku…

That hotel remains on my list of places to conquer, and I will use it to fuck the perfect woman someday soon.

I got to stay in an executive suite for three days at the Park Hyatt when my rich uncle spoiled me back in 2007. He also lent me 1,000,000 yen to spend for the trip.
Two questions
  • So what did you do with that money?
  • How do I get to know your uncle?

Il add mandarin oriental to that list.
The previously mentioned ones like park hyatt and ritz carlton are very nice inside but you would be staying in shinjuku or roppongi which will kinda ruin the experience a bit as soon as you step out the door.
Vote up for Mandarin Oriental. Their swimming pool looks great. I haven't stayed there yet. Thanks for the tip.

Have all of y'all won the lottery or something? 2 million yen a night...

One can dream, just like we can dream where we would be having hot sex with hot AV girls. If you do have the money then you have a lot more choices to invite the girls over.

Obviously not me. I just happened to spend those credit card bonuses for relatively free stays LOL. Unlikely to shell out full prices for those rooms. Hilton had a 50% sale a few years ago on many of their properties and Conrad Tokyo was one so it was not that bad to splurge a little for a night.

Two questions
  • So what did you do with that money?
  • How do I get to know your uncle?
  • I spent it on anime DVDs and highly inappropriate lolicon doujinshi that my mother found...which I weaseled my way out of death by telling her the devil made me do it.
  • That's a question for everyone, myself included. He has Alzheimer's that has progressed to the point where he doesn't even recognize my voice these days.

I spent it on anime DVDs and highly inappropriate lolicon doujinshi that my mother found...which I weaseled my way out of death by telling her the devil made me do it.
What a DISGUSTING man you are! Do you still have those doujinshi though?

Sorry to hear about your uncle. Alzheimer's sucks. Interned at a retirement home for a year when I was 17 and that year sure changed my perspective on a lot of things. Being exposed to people who suffer from dementia was a reality check at that age.

Honestly they are more or less the same
Same feeling of gorgeous but somehow empty, sanitized , modernist luxury…

I wish there was a Relais & Chateau type of hotel in Tokyo. Old stones, knights armors, no room like the other, history, cracking floors and ceilings, sex on Persian carpets in front of a woodfire in a huge gothic chimney , and ghosts…

Honestly they are more or less the same
Same feeling of gorgeous but somehow empty, sanitized , modernist luxury…

I wish there was a Relais & Chateau type of hotel in Tokyo. Old stones, knights armors, no room like the other, history, cracking floors and ceilings, sex on Persian carpets in front of a woodfire in a huge gothic chimney , and ghosts…
Don't worry about the ghosts...they're fundamentally everywhere in a country with Shinto has the original religion. My girlfriend believes love hotels are all haunted...sometimes I hear weird noises or feel like things get misplaced at the Ramses in Ikebukuro, so who knows...
Horror Ghost GIF by Dead by Daylight

• I spent it on anime DVDs and highly inappropriate lolicon doujinshi that my mother found...which I weaseled my way out of death by telling her the devil made me do it.
  • That's a question for everyone, myself included. He has Alzheimer's that has progressed to the point where he doesn't even recognize my voice these days.
Thank was the answer I didn't expect. I'm sorry to hear that.

Reactions: monalisaoverdrive
Old stones, knights armors, no room like the other, history, cracking floors and ceilings, sex on Persian carpets in front of a woodfire in a huge gothic chimney , and ghosts…
Sounds like a perfect place for my artist SB, ESPECIALLY the ghost.

I once asked one the MO spa therapists if she had "options" and ... she said with a charming smile "no, we are professionals here ..."
At least I tried :giggle:
Ah ah!
On the opposite once in London I was asked (in a much less fancier place) if I wanted a happy ending. I was young pure and innocent back then, so I replied “you mean we get married and live happily ever after?”
She was not amused