Guest viewing is limited

When Dad Takes the 'net away!

Karen

Mistress of the Night
Executive Leadership
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Ah, Japan. The only country in which your loaner children will kill you if you bother their net access....

JT said:
A 30-year-old man was arrested Saturday on suspicion of stabbing five members of his family at their house in Toyokawa, Aichi Prefecture, killing two, after he was enraged by his father terminating a contract for Internet access, police said.

According to police, Takayuki Iwase, who is also suspected of setting fire to the house, is unemployed and had confined himself inside his home. Neighbors said Iwase had been reclusive for the past 15 years.

He was arrested in the early hours of Saturday after police received an emergency call from a neighbor and found five family members, including his father Kazumi Iwase, 58, with stab wounds at the house, which was on fire. Kazumi and his 1-year-old granddaughter, Tomomi Kanemaru, were later confirmed dead.

Iwase was taken into custody at a funeral hall near the house after admitting that he stabbed five of his family members with a kitchen knife, police said.

His mother Masako Iwase, 58, who was seriously injured, told investigators she was awoken by Iwase before being stabbed. Holding a flashlight in the dark house, Iwase asked her, ‘‘Who canceled the Internet?’’ according to police. Iwase later told investigators his father canceled the contract for Internet access.

His younger brother Fumihiko Iwase, 22, and his girlfriend Yuka Kanemaru, 27, were also stabbed. The other family member, Iwase’s 24-year-old brother, was not home at the time of the incident.

After awakening his mother, Iwase is believed to have fetched a knife from the kitchen and stabbed the five before setting fire to futon bedding in his room on the second floor of the house.

‘‘I thought the house should be burnt down and I wanted to kill my family,’’ he was quoted by the police as saying.

A 58-year-old woman who lives nearby said Iwase had mostly confined himself to his room for the past 15 years. A 30-year-old man, who went to the same junior high school with Iwase, said he has never seen him after graduation.

Ever been to any of Tokyo's net cafes? These types are easy to spot... I would have kicked his tail on the street long ago. ;)

<3

The shock value of Japanese news is wearing down for me, lol.

There are some stories from the U.S. about kids getting violent after their parents restrict or take away their XBOX or PS3, one kid even calling 911 because his mom took is XBOX away from him.

I don't think this guy ever grew up, sheltered in Mommy and Daddy's house.

Crazy though. Do you guys remember the Shibuya case a few years back where this kid cut up his sister because she berated him about not being as good as their parents who were both dentists? That was my first exposure to these crazy Japanese crimes for such petty reasons. The jumping in front of a train thing, that was already well known, nothing new about that. I read about a few people electing to use the Shinakansen for greater impact! (pun intended)

I remember that case!

Hm, I remember being shocked that it was in Shibuya. Don't know why, just struck me as an odd place to cut up your sister. Yeah, and the Shinkansen jumpers.... crazy crazy Japanese people.