Guest viewing is limited

Where to buy large condoms in Japan?

Des Esseintes

TAG Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I haven't posted here in a while since I've been in a steady relationship for more than a year now so there's not much to talk about. I hope you're all doing well.

I usually buy my condoms by batch from a US retailer but due to the current situation, it seems like my order has been delayed indefinitely. I only have three condoms left so the situation is urgent especially with the xmas break coming soon. I have already tried Japanese condoms but I couldn't put the Sagami ones on (they didn't stretch wide enough).

I normally use Trojan Magnum or Magnum XL (XL is easier to put on, normal magnum takes a bit more time but still usable).

I've been looking on M's Pop Life here and other websites but their larger size seems to be 46mm (the Big Boy XL type with the elephant on the package), still smaller than the average Durex (not large) condom, which is around 55mm. I imagine the type that I normally buy is slightly above that.

Any idea of brands that have large size above 55mm and that can be easily obtained in Japan? Or do they have a different way of measuring/or are using a more stretchable type of latex and the 46mm are actually usable by someone normally buying larger Euro/US sizes?

Thanks. Problem is they're shipping from abroad.
Yeah, I'm not sure if any store carries the larger sizes. I don't usually look since I go with one specific type that fits me well.
The Mega Big Boy (elephant) is the largest that I know of that's carried most places...

Reactions: Des Esseintes
Well thanks anyway. On Amazon they're all shipping from abroad and with Covid+Xmas, they take ages to reach Japan.

Well thanks anyway. On Amazon they're all shipping from abroad and with Covid+Xmas, they take ages to reach Japan.
Actually, it's not that bad. I just got a few packages from overseas and they all arrived within about 5-6 days from order date. 2 from United States & 2 from Asia/Europe.

For unrelated stuff I also have that experience. Somehow I've been waiting for those condoms for about 3 weeks though.

Somehow I've been waiting for those condoms for about 3 weeks though.
Guess Condoms are in high demand too... unless they shipped it via DHL... and well, who knows what happens.
I hate DHL.

USPS. Stuck at the "Created shipping label" stage for three weeks. Seller tells me the biggest delays happen at the shipping hub stage so it's normal. I might try from a European retailer, usually less chaotic than USPS.

From Chinese merchants that means they're lying to you and haven't shipped it yet.

Just saying.

No, it's the US retailer I always order from. I've never had a problem with them and always receive my orders within a week. Which is why I've never bothered trying to buy condoms from brick and mortar stores here in Japan. It's the current situation that makes everything more complicated.

USPS. Stuck at the "Created shipping label" stage for three weeks. Seller tells me the biggest delays happen at the shipping hub stage so it's normal. I might try from a European retailer, usually less chaotic than USPS.
When that happens to me, it's always turned out that the package got dropped behind a table in the mailroom or something.

The biggest you can get in Japan are Fuji Latex JustFit XL which is 56 mm and Okamoto Mega Big Boy which is 57 mm.

Just go to ebay and get Pasante Super King which is 69 mm from UK. At least before covid they used to ship in just a bit over week to Japan.

PS. Couldn't see the Amazon link in Tag Manager's post (can see the ID in quote). Some adblocker quirk in my browser side?

The biggest you can get in Japan are Fuji Latex JustFit XL which is 56 mm and Okamoto Mega Big Boy which is 57 mm.

Just go to ebay and get Pasante Super King which is 69 mm from UK. At least before covid they used to ship in just a bit over week to Japan.

PS. Couldn't see the Amazon link in Tag Manager's post (can see the ID in quote). Some adblocker quirk in my browser side?
Thanks @MikeH

If you can’t see the Amazon tag, it’s either an ad blocker or something else. No problems on a clean browser.

Reactions: MikeH

Fuji Latex JustFit XL says 44mm on the package and Okamoto Mega Big Boy 46mm.

Not sure where you got your sizes.

Fuji Latex JustFit XL says 44mm on the package and Okamoto Mega Big Boy 46mm.

Not sure where you got your sizes.

You are now confusing two different ways of measuring. In Europe we always use the nominal width which is the numbers I gave you. Also it seems in that system Trojan Magnum is 54 mm and the XL is 58 mm.

So you should be able to fit in both of the biggest condoms in Japan at least somewhat comfortable. Though the Big Boy XL is blue so that might be an issue. :p

But if condoms are in short supply now I should start making money. I just checked and I still have an unopened bag of 100 pcs of Durex XL which is 57 mm and similarly unopened 144 pcs of Pasante King which is 60 mm. :eek::D

You are now confusing two different ways of measuring. In Europe we always use the nominal width which is the numbers I gave you. Also it seems in that system Trojan Magnum is 54 mm and the XL is 58 mm.

So you should be able to fit in both of the biggest condoms in Japan at least somewhat comfortable. Though the Big Boy XL is blue so that might be an issue. :p

But if condoms are in short supply now I should start making money. I just checked and I still have an unopened bag of 100 pcs of Durex XL which is 57 mm and similarly unopened 144 pcs of Pasante King which is 60 mm. :eek::D

Ah... That makes more sense then. It seemed strange that their biggest size was smaller than the standard European size.

I really disllike those Big Boy condoms, I find them difficult to put on. For some reason they seem to stick to themselves and get messed up, perhaps because they are not lubricated. Plus they are really thick and not sensitive. But having a black dick is cool.
Sagami Original Lsize in a white box are pretty good but maybe not big enough for some. I think L size in Japan is normal size in Durex etc. What I don't understand is why they are all so short. Having an extra inch or 2 wouldn't hurt.

Having an extra inch or 2 wouldn't hurt.

That's what she said.

Japan uses the diameter, elsewhere is usually measured by the laid-flat width of the condom.

And because most of the sizing is marketing Japanese manufacturers take the diameter from the widest part, in other words from the nob. Meanwhile the "nominal width" which the civilised people use is standardised to be measured from the base of the condom.

So that means that for example with the Big Boy XL which they advertise as being 46 mm in diameter which would then translate to 72 mm in nominal width is actually just 57 mm in the base. Which means that if you do not have an enormous nob or need like two litres of space for your cum you will end up with a condom that is so loose in the head that it takes away all sensations while at the same time is so tight at the base that it prevents all blood flow.

Diameter is the laid flat width. Do you mean circumference?

No it's not. Nominal width is half of the circumference which means nominal width (or laid flat width) is 1.57 times diameter. Or more accurately π/2 times diameter for us math geeks.

I think L size in Japan is normal size in Durex etc. What I don't understand is why they are all so short.

That is correct, most Japanese condoms marketed as L or XL are about the same width than regular Durexes. As for length the normal sized Japanese ones are 17 cm and the L sizes are then just one cm longer at 18 cm. Again just the normal length for Durex.

But I think there must be some real ultra wingers in the top of all the Japanese condom makers as they would definitely have the technology to make those ultra thin ones in Western sizes but they don't.

Those are advertised as 60mm and widely available:

Good find, I have never seen that one before. Seems to be made in Thailand and available in several sizes at least from Amazon. The box says diameter is 44 mm and one of the Amazon reviews said "it is actually 38 mm" which would again be the difference when measuring from the base or on the nob. And that 38 mm would make it 60 mm nominal width which would then be the biggest one sold in Japan.