Guest viewing is limited

Where to eat lasaña lunch in Tokyo ?!?

hombre777

TAG Member
Reaction score
Looking for Lasaña lunch in Tokyo , any ideas ?
I use google but I have not been successful , please help me ...

I second @e-smile suggestion. I haven't found a proper lasagna anywhere in Tokyo (not that I've tried hard to find one). They sell everything in supermarkets, including the lasagna noodles and ricotta cheese! Really good mozzarella may require a trip to a nicer shop, but that's about it.

they sell Heinz "white sauce" which can save you some time

it can be difficult to find lasagne sheets sometimes though

it can be difficult to find lasagne sheets sometimes though

I've found them at my local Peacock / Aeon grocery store. I'm sure National in Azabu Juban will have them as well.

So now for all of you who claim the correct answer is home we demand easy recipes including a list of easily available ingredients or else!

This far all my attempts of eating lasagne in Tokyo have only resulted in tears and hopes of quick business trips to Europe.

Skillet Lasagna (Pretty sure this isn't behind a paywall and just a free sign-up)
https://www.cookscountry.com/recipes/2243-skillet-lasagna

If you want to do a proper lasagna that requires ingredients like eggs and getting all the cheeses (romano or pecorino, parmesan, ricotta), then it's not going to be easy but it'll be so worth it. I don't have that recipe on me, but this seems similar:

https://www.americastestkitchen.com/recipes/9080-cheese-and-tomato-lasagna

Hopefully this one isn't behind a paywall, either. :p

Lasaña (or Lasagna as we American's spell it) in general in Japan is not very good. They use the wrong cheese, they add things that shouldn't be added. Overall I've always found it quite disgusting. Lasaña is my most favorite dish. Even making it in Japan is hard. To make it correctly you have to make the sauce from scratch because most of the red sauces in the stores don't taste very good. The Ricotta is expensive. 250g for ¥1000 and you need 2 containers to make an 30cm x 30cm pan of Lasaña. Basically if you are going to make Lasaña it's going to cost you about ¥3500-¥5000.

Some things that bring the cost down. Costco sells Ricotta ¥800 for 16oz(I think it's 16) container which is more than enough for Lasaña, and the shredded mozzarella can be bought in a big bag for ¥1000. You can also get a decent Marinara sauce there. Or if you are adventurous you can make the Ricotta from scratch for about ¥500 with Milk and Lemon Juice/Vinegar but you also need cheesecloth, and a candy thermometer.

Komagome
I think all this week.

Attachments

• IMG_4883.JPG
    IMG_4883.JPG
    144.1 KB · Views: 90
Reactions: AliceInWonderland
Looking for Lasaña lunch in Tokyo , any ideas ?
I use google but I have not been successful , please help me ...

Dean and Deluca, Shinagawa station. They always have lasagna on, and it's very good.