Guest viewing is limited

Which Do You Prefer: Long Term Relationship Or P4p?

roots reggae

Officially Unverified
Reaction score
Just wondering what the TAG gents prefer-LTR or P4P and why?

When writing reviews, many cite GFE, girl friend experience, as the high point of their encounter. So, are those folks choosing P4P until they find a steady relationship or do they just want a reasonable facsimile for the short term?

I've also noticed we have lost quite a few members who say goodbye to us now that they have a steady girlfriend or got married?

Others are happily or not-so-happily married and still enjoy P4P.

And if you look at some of TAG's veterans, they have been on the P4P scene for a very long time.

Is it because they are not able to sustain a long term relationship or just prefer not to? Why/why not?

What are the advantages for you and disadvantages for each option?

Last edited:
Hard to say. I'm honestly on the fence right now, wanting to have my cake and eat it too.

There's something to be said for having somebody you can come home to, who cares for you, and enjoys getting naked with you. However, due to my overly introverted personality, I have trouble spending a lot of time with people (a few hours to half a day at most). So because of that, I do like p4p because I can go and spend some time with somebody, have some fun, and then retreat back to my comfort zones (been getting better about this in the last year and a half).

When I really think about it, at this point in my life, I kind of prefer p4p because I don't want to get too deep into a relationship. Probably due to the fact that my job is keeping me temporarily permanent (contract extension after extension after extension).

A combination of both (plus other types of connections with women) is FAR better than either alone imo. It is the same in many other areas of life for me; a rich variety of good things greatly exceeds sticking solely to a single "best" thing.

As an aside, I'd say that LTRs are quite different depending on how long one means. Twenty years is quite different from ten, and 40 years very different from 20 etc.

-Ww

A combination of both (plus other types of connections with women) is FAR better than either alone imo. It is the same in many other areas of life for me; a rich variety of good things greatly exceeds sticking solely to a single "best" thing.

As an aside, I'd say that LTRs are quite different depending on how long one means. Twenty years is quite different from ten, and 40 years very different from 20 etc.

-Ww
I totally agree, having both would be best.

How about middle term relationships?
Changing partner every one or two years brings both deep feelings and absence of boredom.
Less chance to catch STDs too.

I do enjoy the occasional rush of meeting someone new. the buildup before meeting is intoxicating. Its like being in highschool or college when you finally get the nerve to ask that cute girl out. I have been happily married for 10 years. Time has made things "comfortable". With P4P, at least for me, I get that rush, part ways and it doesn't interfere with my everyday life.

Changing partner every one or two years brings both deep feelings and absence of boredom.

Let's call the MTRs. I agree that they can be truly great and often produce the most intense and memorable experiences in both emotional and sexual realms. The downside is their endings are often, but not always, the most intense and memorable in terms of emotional pain as well. If you can end them gracefully and end on friendly/happy terms, they offer many of the best aspects of both LTRs and very short terms hook-ups.

-Ww

Definitely LTRs, ideally multiple and concurrent. Having a deep, mutual, connection really enhances the sexual experience. Overall I've never found P4P to provide more sexual fulfillment than a LTR, and often much less. But it's a great way to experience things you want to try once or twice.

For example I don't share my toys but it can be real fun to double-team a girl, and much easier to go P4P than find someone attractive enough and open to it but not suitable for LTR.

Another good one is super submissive girls who want to be completely passive. Making those sort cum until they beg you to stop is awesome but not really something I'd want to do daily. That one might be rather hard to find P4P though given the risks.

Then there's the younger girls, in their early 20s, especially in Japan. Yum! Those are the perfect sugar babes, not sophisticated enough for LTR but fresh and fun to party with.

I do enjoy the occasional rush of meeting someone new. the buildup before meeting is intoxicating. Its like being in highschool or college when you finally get the nerve to ask that cute girl out. I have been happily married for 10 years. Time has made things "comfortable". With P4P, at least for me, I get that rush, part ways and it doesn't interfere with my everyday life.

Well said! Also a good expression of some of the excitement and stimulation of p4p (and np4p) first encounters that LTRs do not provide.

-Ww

LTRs satisfy lots of emotional needs which P4P doesn't but LTRs statistically end up either devoid of sex or the frequency becomes so low that it might as well be devoid.

Trigger warning: it's almost always the woman's desire that flatlines.

Why is it a trigger warning? They have a higher standard in sexual partners. :pompous:

I don't know any statistics, but anecdotally I know of more than one example where it is the man who loses interest in sex or at least sex with his partner in LTRs.

If your evidence is anecdotal, it may be a bias. Guys may complain to you more often than women. I might have the opposite bias.

-Ww

@vargas - For a post saying that you prefer LTRs to p4p, you certainly listed a lot of appealing aspects of p4p! LOL! :D

-Ww

Haha indeed

I suppose most of what I listed would be just as good, if not better, with a willing volunteer! Challenging to find though so perhaps the main benefit of P4P is convenience.

Also it's been my personal experience that Japanese girls, at least the ones I fancy, aren't quite as slutty as girls elsewhere and much more interested in marriage. I admire that and am honest that a relationship with me won't go anywhere, which reduces options.

Last edited:
Challenging to find though so perhaps the main benefit of P4P is convenience.
Not many LTRs where I could decide "tonight I want to ass fuck a woman in her 40s wearing a vinyl catsuit then cum on her face while a young woman pretending to be her daughter hums The Battle Hymn of The Republic into my nuts.

LTRs satisfy lots of emotional needs which P4P doesn't but LTRs statistically end up either devoid of sex or the frequency becomes so low that it might as well be devoid.

That's another reason why MTRs are better.
When sex disappears, leave her and find someone else for another MTR.
Just DO NOT make her pregnant.

Just wondering what the TAG gents prefer-LTR or P4P and why?

When writing reviews, many cite GFE, girl friend experience, as the high point of their encounter. So, are those folks choosing P4P until they find a steady relationship or do they just want a reasonable facsimile for the short term?

I've also noticed we have lost quite a few members who say goodbye to us now that they have a steady girlfriend or got married?

Others are happily or not-so-happily married and still enjoy P4P.

And if you look at some of TAG's veterans, they have been on the P4P scene for a very long time.

Is it because they are not able to sustain a long term relationship or just prefer not to? Why/why not?

What are the advantages for you and disadvantages for each option?
in my case P4P is a option that only really becomes conceivable when I'm already in a LTR.
P4P is the safest way to enjoy other women without getting busted. no bad timing phone calls, no difficulty to hide, no mistress jealousy to manage, no schedule to manage ...
when I'm free P4P becomes less interesting and I can't help thinking it's just a waste of money.

1 year is already a LTR in my opinion.