Guest viewing is limited

White Day 2017

Actually, I first learned of White Day while in South Korea. The country adopted the split Valentine's Day/White Day concept from Japan.

Yet, some Koreans have taken this idea to the next level with a so-called "Black Day" on April 14th. If you didn't get any chocolate on either Feb. 14th or March 14th, then you can enjoy eating a Sino-Korean dish of noodles with black sauce (jjajang myeon).

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/arts-...ple-get-together-and-eat-black-food-16537918/

Actually, I first learned of White Day while in South Korea. The country adopted the split Valentine's Day/White Day concept from Japan.

Yet, some Koreans have taken this idea to the next level with a so-called "Black Day" on April 14th. If you didn't get any chocolate on either Feb. 14th or March 14th, then you can enjoy eating a Sino-Korean dish of noodles with black sauce (jjajang myeon).

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/arts-...ple-get-together-and-eat-black-food-16537918/
Love it! And then they can hook up and give themselves chocolates the next year!

Based on this part of your reply, you do not sound like much of a man, allowing your wife to control.

And you sound like a typical internet chestthumper, convinced that your way is the only way and everyone else should bow before your intellect.

There are several guys here who are married to Japanese women, and have been for a long time. There are guys here with vastly different relationship experiences to you, and probably more variety than you've had in your lifetime. Your opinion is not any more or less valid than theirs, and to continue speaking in the condescending manner you do is not a reflection on them, it's a reflection on you.

The key though, is that most people here are mature enough to have civil discussions with each other without talking down to one another. It's one of those nice things that keeps the community nice and happy.

Reactions: MikeH and e-smile
The key though, is that most people here are mature enough to have civil discussions with each other without talking down to one another. It's one of those nice things that keeps the community nice and happy.

So you would prefer me to be civil and lie instead of telling things how I see them.

Already found out today that one guy on here is married and does not even live in Japan, which would explain
why his experience would be different.

So you would prefer me to be civil and lie instead of telling things how I see them.

Already found out today that one guy on here is married and does not even live in Japan, which would explain
why his experience would be different.

I think I'd prefer civil and respectful, but if you equate civility to lying, I'd say you've got even more issues than just an attitude problem.

I think I'd prefer civil and respectful, but if you equate civility to lying, I'd say you've got even more issues than just an attitude problem.

I do not have an attitude problem, I just explain how it is, but both my wife and I have found that most
foreigners have a hard time believing that the Japanese are different in the way they approach
relationships, marriage and sex, and instead when they hit problems they use western logic to justify
the way they approach the problem.

The post you quoted was in regards to a conversation with a guy who does not live in Japan, his wife
wanted to live outside Japan and that is what he has done, but he prefers Japan, so if he was a real
man they would be living in Japan.