Guest viewing is limited

Who to look for?

AoCat

TAG Member
Reaction score
So I've been trying to pick someone on the street of Shinjuku today, not much success. Most of them were waiting for someone or weren't interested.

I probably needed to dress better as well, as it wasn't my best, but I wonder if I should just approach more girls, or is there some specifics location or sign I need to look for to know she's not waiting for someone and was up to be approached?

well girls standing in front of obvious landmarks are likely waiting for something. is easier to talk to someone who is walking slowly or just plain stationary at a cafe or something. having a very normal ice breaker (ie direction to somewhere) then switchin into a friend like chattin style usually has a good shot.

Even if they're waiting for someone you can still get her line quickly and meet another day.

Even if it's her boyfriend that's coming (just get it before he arrives) ;)

So I've been trying to pick someone on the street of Shinjuku today, not much success. Most of them were waiting for someone or weren't interested.

Go to the dog in Shibuya, approximately 10 minutes after 7, or 8.

Look for the girl that alternately consults her mobile, and scans the crowd with increasing despair.

Once you have the one you like, stand next to her. Consult your mobile, scan the crowd. DO NOT LOOK AT HER. Make phone calls that do not connect. Mutter swear words.

At approximately 7:20, say (preferably in Japanese, or in English): “Damn, people in Japan are supposed to be punctual.”

Shared misery ensues. Take it from there.

For extra credit, try to spot the one that took the long trip from Chiba, or Saitama. For extra extra credit, try to distract her from the fact that the last train to Chiba is at 00:01, and to Saitama at 00:16

Go to the dog in Shibuya, approximately 10 minutes after 7, or 8.

Look for the girl that alternately consults her mobile, and scans the crowd with increasing despair.

Once you have the one you like, stand next to her. Consult your mobile, scan the crowd. DO NOT LOOK AT HER. Make phone calls that do not connect. Mutter swear words.

At approximately 7:20, say (preferably in Japanese, or in English): “Damn, people in Japan are supposed to be punctual.”

Shared misery ensues. Take it from there.

For extra credit, try to spot the one that took the long trip from Chiba, or Saitama. For extra extra credit, try to distract her from the fact that the last train to Chiba is at 00:01, and to Saitama at 00:16
For extra extra credit, offer her a better price than the guy who stood her up did ;)

For extra extra credit, offer her a better price than the guy who stood her up did ;)
This seems to indicate that every girl is a working girl which seems ridiculous at best and insulting to most girls at worst

Most girls just want a good time with guys they like, not money

This seems to indicate that every girl is a working girl which seems ridiculous at best and insulting to most girls at worst

Most girls just want a good time with guys they like, not money
I thought Alice was joking..
I was joking but there are LOTS of working girls meeting at popular meet up spots. Don't erase us.

Nampa can be actually harmful for business if a customer leaves because he sees you talking with another guy sooo.

Plus i miss the days i got good offers on the street, i suppose the increase in western tourists who come with their partners or families ruined that.

Sinapse as the defender of female virtues doesn't sound quite right

I could see how it might be difficult for you to understand...

I was joking but there are LOTS of working girls meeting at popular meet up spots. Don't erase us.

Nampa can be actually harmful for business if a customer leaves because he sees you talking with another guy sooo.

Plus i miss the days i got good offers on the street, i suppose the increase in western tourists who come with their partners or families ruined that.
I would put the percentage of working girls waiting for clients in front of Hachiko at about 0.0000001%.

Last edited:
Funnily enough that's probably about the same percentage of ordinary girls hanging out round there waiting to be nampa'd.

Far far more are open to solid nanpa...

I would put the percentage of working girls waiting for clients in front of Hachiko at about 0.0000001%.

Wrong...by a lot! But perhaps you exercise artistic license (i.e., have no clue). :D

I have personally met enough working girls there to contradict that number.

-Ww

Wrong...by a lot! But perhaps you exercise artistic license (i.e., have no clue). :D

I have personally met enough working girls there to contradict that number.

-Ww
I think you are right actually. My data sample is years old. I am too old to hang out there. And I think there are a lot more working girls on the prowl among the citizens these days wherever you go.

I think you are right actually. My data sample is years old. I am too old to hang out there. And I think there are a lot more working girls on the prowl among the citizens these days wherever you go.

Ok so lets all agree on 1/2 are working girls and 1/2 waiting to be nampaed. Now the big question is which is which ? Tricky situation.

I

I'd say close to 100% standing and sitting around the dog are waiting for someone else, and that's not us.

That’s a reasonable assumption. Frankly theres not much else to do around that dog. Apart from the tourists taking a pic of it

Reactions: LKjdklfje64j
Far far more are open to solid nanpa...
I don't like this idea that offering a woman money on the street is somehow not ok but nampa is.

Most guys who do nampa hope to take a girl to a hotel the same day if possible, right? From what i have read about your own reports you don't seem a stranger for the idea.

So if you say that approaching a girl and offering her money suggest she is a "whore", approaching a girl and trying to indirectly or worse (and this happened to me as well) directly ask her to go to a hotel would suggest she is a "slut" and a loose woman.

Now, most conservative girls would be about as upset being considered a slut as a whore, right?

I think that guys have the right to ask a woman whatever they want, and they usually do so without getting in trouble anyway.
So why would it be wrong to offer a woman something substantial but it would not be wrong to suggest that she is a loose woman and would be willing to give it up for free?

Just like with nampa, the chance a girl would accept money is not that big (but probably bigger than with nampa if its a good amound), and to ask her is not suggesting a girl is a working girl, just like nampa is not implying that a girl would easily sleep with you. To me, both is just a guy making an attempt at getting the woman he likes and both are ok if the final decision is left upto the woman.

I remember once on an assignment I had the chance to play salaryman for three weeks taking the train to and from the office on my way to my home at the ubiquitous APA. One day walking from the train station a cute girl sees me and her eyes get large and she runs up to me and asked me if I wanted a massage. I was so shocked I stuttered no and walked on. One of my favorite things to kick myself over, wish I had said, of course. Sigh.

I know it has nothing to do with the OP other than I wonder now if it was because she had a no show and I looked “available.” Anyway, bored atm moment waiting at the airport. Please continue to entertain me.

Reactions: ayokitaseks
if you say that approaching a girl and offering her money suggest she is a "whore",

Your words, not mine.

I didn't say that just... Feel like the average girl is less likely to accept random cash than an approach from a cool guy. Maybe I'm wrong but it's just my guess.

I would guess that the amount of girls going home with guys due to nanpa is farrrrrrr more than those going home to random monetary propositions on the street

Obviously, you're comfortable accepting money from men... As are most of the field in this forum

And... Nothing wrong with that. But nobody said there was

Reactions: Spicybbw
Your words, not mine.

I didn't say that just... Feel like the average girl is less likely to accept random cash than an approach from a cool guy. Maybe I'm wrong but it's just my guess.

I would guess that the amount of girls going home with guys due to nanpa is farrrrrrr more than those going home to random monetary propositions on the street

Obviously, you're comfortable accepting money from men... As are most of the field in this forum

And... Nothing wrong with that. But nobody said there was

Seriously , probably more than 95% of the ladies want none of the two options. You and Alice are both outliers.

Reactions: Leospaceman2012