Why are there so many trashy people at cafes in Japan?

americans do this to foreigners all the fucking time. don't try to deny this isn't really happening to the OP...

kudos to OP for confronting those bitches laughing at him. bet they never do it again.

americans do this to foreigners all the fucking time. don't try to deny this isn't really happening to the OP...

kudos to OP for confronting those bitches laughing at him. bet they never do it again.

Hmmm... as much as I like sometimes to confront bitches who really take me for a fool, don’t you think that in this case there is enough room for different interpretations?

As an American living in Tokyo who also experienced the spotlight effect (mentioned in an earlier post) I can say they it was in my head 99% of the time. And that remaining 1% that did notice me for whatever reason ended up being friendly people just curious to know what brought me here.

I still get self conscious, particularly on days when I lack sleep, but convince myself I don't give a fuck what other people think. It's like going to the gym... You can worry that everyone's busy watching you or get over it and get shit done.

Also, I recommend meditation if you need to work on mindfulness. It will help you find that space between getting triggered and that emotional response.

As an American living in Tokyo who also experienced the spotlight effect (mentioned in an earlier post) I can say they it was in my head 99% of the time. And that remaining 1% that did notice me for whatever reason ended up being friendly people just curious to know what brought me here.

I still get self conscious, particularly on days when I lack sleep, but convince myself I don't give a fuck what other people think. It's like going to the gym... You can worry that everyone's busy watching you or get over it and get shit done.

Also, I recommend meditation if you need to work on mindfulness. It will help you find that space between getting triggered and that emotional response.

The thing is since I sometimes go a local gym and workout here in the countryside...I am being stared at the entire time. I was lifting free weights in front of a mirror mostly just focused on exercising and the music I was listening to but I could see guys and even the female staff watching and giggling.

I don't get angry at people at the gym because as this is all happening, I'm already using my anger to exercise harder. So these idiots actually help improve the results of my workouts.