Guest viewing is limited

Wingmen & Approaches

1. A good wingman is there to help keep you company and usually people are out in "2's" so he knows when you are talking to a girl when to go for the friend if interested or at least keep her occupied while the others are establishing they are making progress. If the wingman is not into the girl he still keeps her interested and when it is time to leave the friend of the girl goes with him and he either entertains or they leave. This is common sense for a wingman yes ? At least it is with the wingmen I hang out with and I also do that if I am the wingman.
2. Love it when the girl approaches... shows me she is confident and knows what she wants. Even if it's just to say hello or practice English. At least you have made a new "friend"...
3. being solo has it's advantages as long as you don't look desperate and creepy...:D

Reactions: Sinapse
1) I don't need wingmen but I need eye contact with the person before I approach them. And since I never get that in Tokyo I never approach anyone.

2) I would be happy. Much nicer than someone following you around, which happened to me a couple of times.

Happened to me too! In your case was it the police or the bouncers? :eek::D

Once it was a woman sitting next to me in a teishoku restaurant. I had noticed that she had ordered the exact same lunch and drink as me at around the same time and that she was giving me sideways glances the whole time. Then she left the restaurant at the same time as me and followed me to the station then in the train before losing track of me somewhere in my neighbourhood.

Once it was a woman sitting next to me in a teishoku restaurant. I had noticed that she had ordered the exact same lunch and drink as me at around the same time and that she was giving me sideways glances the whole time. Then she left the restaurant at the same time as me and followed me to the station then in the train before losing track of me somewhere in my neighbourhood.

Well, that sounds... not so tempting! :eek: Bad thing it was not a bar; I would have ordered a pint of vodka. No ice. :D

my two cents - anyone that actually refers to themselves or the people they are with as a 'wingman' without being ironic is almost certainly a massive douche. They are probably not really friends and just hang out with each other on the basis that they consider the other one slightly more or less attractive than themselves (but within their range) and can therefore use that wingman in one way or another.

Then the people who go out by themselves - yeah I guess that can work, Id never do it as I couldn't without coming across as creepy AF, and Ive seen many gaijin in the Hub / various places that probably think they are pulling it off, but let me tell you (because you have no-one else to do so) you are most likely also giving off a creepy vibe.

Best way in my experience is to be with a group of friends, having a genuinely good time because you are genuinely having fun and enjoying each other's company. women tend to be attracted to that, and will approach the fun loving, not leery / weird staring group, especially if they are in groups themselves. This then always ends up with a massive group sex session, 100% of the time guaranteed.

If you are alone and are creepy AF then it's of course difficult not to give that vibe out. But if you are someone like me with a beautiful dick you can just talk with anyone; male, female or Apache attack helicopter and generally have a good old time. As you said girls are attracted to that (like opposite to guys who all hate good time) and I have found out that it always and around 110% of the time leads to loving and tender butt sex.

1. Never had a "wingman" in my life. Most of my closest friends are women and back in our college days we'd all go to dance clubs together. (Wing women maybe? ;))

2. I'd either be checking the temperature in Hell or looking for the monkeys that would be flying outta my ass.:LOL:

1. Never had a "wingman" in my life. Most of my closest friends are women and back in our college days we'd all go to dance clubs together. (Wing women maybe? ;))

Girls make the best wingmen you can hope for! If you are with a girl then every other girl can immediately deduct you being a drooling troll incapable of normal conversation or a dangerous pervert. And if she is good looking the better, gets the competition instincts started. ;)

last panel punchline is related

3670.png

"if your love life requires close air support, something has gone very wrong"

Reactions: Wwanderer
1) Friends?
2) oh my gosh yes. Likelihood of ever happening? Lol

Hmm In general wingmanship has taken a bit of a beating in this thread.

Still, I think someone who isn't willing to put themselves out/help you hook up with someone you like isn't really a friend of yours. A non wingman friend then is someone who actively gets in the way and/or doesn't want you to have a good time with someone you are romantically interested in, and that is the kind of friend I can't abide by...

So in my estimation any non wingman friend is someone trying to actively get in the way and therefore a douche

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
So in my estimation any non wingman friend is someone trying to actively get in the way and therefore a douche
Its not the binary state you make it out to be. Not being interested in being a friend's wingman/woman doesn't mean one is a cock blocker or clam jammer. Not doing a thing is not the same as interfering in the thing being done.

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
Hmm In general wingmanship has taken a bit of a beating in this thread.

Still, I think someone who isn't willing to put themselves out/help you hook up with someone you like isn't really a friend of yours. A non wingman friend then is someone who actively gets in the way and/or doesn't want you to have a good time with someone you are romantically interested in, and that is the kind of friend I can't abide by...

Its not the binary state you make it out to be. Not being interested in being a friend's wingman/woman doesn't mean one is a cock blocker or clam jammer. Not doing a thing is not the same as interfering in the thing being done.
I agree that interfering if your friend is having a good time and hitting it off with someone safely is a total dick move.

But yeah, i don't think you really need to "distract the other friend that you are not into", and do other weird "wingman tricks" to help your friend succeed with someone.

Reactions: BB0523
I agree that interfering if your friend is having a good time and hitting it off with someone safely is a total dick move.

But yeah, i don't think you really need to "distract the other friend that you are not into", and do other weird "wingman tricks" to help your friend succeed with someone.

Hmm so if there's a guy you really like with another guy you don't you just ignore them because they're together? Or charge in solo and leave your friend behind? Seems much easier to bring in your friend and they can have a chat with the other person... Don't think it's really that complicated or "tricky" or whatever

Not wanting to talk to the friend of a girl your friend is interested in just sounds kinda antisocial and KY... so I still don't really understand people who don't want/arent interested in being wingmen. In general, I want my friends to succeed with what they do to the point I'm willing to help, in a bar or any other arena. I hope they feel the same, and if they don't I'm not really sure why we're friends

To me its a no-brainer, like if your friend says "Yo I'm going to the bathroom can you hold my jacket" and you said "No I'm not interested in being a jacket-holder-man" you'd just be a weirdo and not a great friend

Not wanting to talk to the friend of a girl your friend is interested in just sounds kinda antisocial and KY...

Being social in mixed company is one thing but the situation you describe is transparently manipulative. It seems to me adults of either gender would see through this rather quickly and honestly if the maturity level of the situation were so low that the women in question did not see through it, I'd excuse myself anyway.

"No I'm not interested in being a jacket-holder-man"

Sorry but that has got to be the shittiest analogy on the internet ever.

Being social in mixed company is one thing but the situation you describe is transparently manipulative. It seems to me adults of either gender would see through this rather quickly and honestly if the maturity level of the situation were so low that the women in question did not see through it, I'd excuse myself anyway.

Sounds like you'd be very popular at dinner parties :rolleyes:

Not sure what's manipulative, perhaps you as an adult can break it down for me

Sorry but that has got to be the shittiest analogy on the internet ever.

You must not have been using it very long...

Hmm so if there's a guy you really like with another guy you don't you just ignore them because they're together? Or charge in solo and leave your friend behind? Seems much easier to bring in your friend and they can have a chat with the other person... Don't think it's really that complicated or "tricky" or whatever
I much rather leave my friend on her own than pushing her onto the guy she is not attracted to and does not want to do anything with just because i want his friend.

We're adults, i suppose we can both leave separately with our first choice guy, or maybe both leave with the same guy if we have the same first choice ;)

Reactions: TheScientist
I much rather leave my friend on her own than pushing her onto the guy she is not attracted to and does not want to do anything with just because i want his friend.

We're adults, i suppose we can both leave separately with our first choice guy, or maybe both leave with the same guy if we have the same first choice ;)

Fair enough... does seem like a pretty Western / confident type of approach as far as girls go. Personally, it's exceedingly rare for a Japanese girl to leave her friends and approach me. On top of that, if I approach and get on well with one girl, if her friend isn't getting equal attention she'll pull away the girl I like no matter how much she's into me, almost like a little ticking time bomb of attention jealousy. Seen far too much of this sabotaging behavior... Japanese girls seem to cockblock each other even if they're getting along really well with a guy.

Anyway, it just works better to bring people in. Plus it's not like you can ONLY have fun talking to people you want to bang... otherwise we'd have no friends at all. Personally I'd rather talk to someone I have no interest in hooking up with if it helps my friend out and who knows that girl/person might be fun to talk to so whats the harm. Better than standing as a wallflower holding my dick while my friend talks to some girl

Reactions: MikeH