Guest viewing is limited

Wintertime JK

SugoiBoy

TAG Member
Reaction score
Although it has generally been above freezing in Tokyo so far this winter, it can get chilly especially at night. So, I’m amazed that some Japanese high school girls are still going around town in their uniform short skirts without anything to protect their legs against the winter weather.

Now, as I guy, I’m not exactly complaining, but wouldn’t Sailor Moon herself wear stockings in January?

Reactions: lonegaijin
I can't say that I'm walking around looking at these high school girls and their legs...but what from I have noticed, the fashion this year is nude or other skin color tights or pantyhose but I have seen bare legs too. More commonly, I see black tights, which had been the norm. On the other hand, since girls usually shave their legs, they don't feel the cold on their legs as much as men do (who usually don't shave their hair off). :whistle:

. On the other hand, since girls usually shave their legs, they don't feel the cold on their legs as much as men do (who usually don't shave their hair off). :whistle:

Interesting. How does shaving one's legs prevent them from not feeling the cold on their legs?

So why do humans have hair on their body in te first place? Seems counterproductive.
Well, according to evolution we would have had full coats of hair but since we've had clothing and fire, the amount of body hair each of has has decreased through time.

When I was swimming in school, back before the days of those slick bodysuits, we used to remove all body hair and essentially the top layer of dead skin for faster times and ease of moving through the water. I remember being less sensitive to cold water or weather just before a swim. I do assume that women have the same sensation but women also never have the same thickness of hair and skin type as men. Women have more thinner skin, smaller pores and consequently the skin is quite dry without proper care.

So, that's my two yen...

I think I read online a long time ago that

1. Schools have rules and they are very strict about what the students wear.

2. Some hate leggings. Makes them feel colder.

3. Others never feel cold because during their ES and JHS days they had to endure this in shorts and a t-shirt. Mentally conditioned to bear the cold.

besides being less sensitive, because of less hair, you just get used to it... how often do you see the small boys in their short pants in winter? or the little girls in short skirts... if you start doing that at the age of four, im sure you dont really freeze anymore when youre 16...

also at least my legs are also way less sensitive to cold temperatures than say my arms...

Its to do with school uniform rules. As someone who went to highschool here I can tell you a lot of schools dont let you wear tights. Also I can I just point of the we leave words like sexy etc out of the conversation when were talking about underage girls.

Its to do with school uniform rules. As someone who went to highschool here I can tell you a lot of schools dont let you wear tights. Also I can I just point of the we leave words like sexy etc out of the conversation when were talking about underage girls.
My comment was directed at women......without stocking look sexy.....not school girls.....

I boarded a rail chariot from Yokosuka to YCAT yesterday. Upon this convenience - I too spotted a girl in a short skirt with bare and hairless legs. I too thought it was possibly too cold for such a costume.

As these Nippon women are so foreign to me, it is difficult for me to judge their age. Nevertheless, I turned my eyes from her to avoid the possible condemnation of Odin, who frowns upon such relationships.

My eyes then settled upon a legendary beauty nearby in the coach that I knew must be of a more womanly age. I believe some here would refer to her as a "MILF"?

Apparently she was unclaimed by men, as she wore no ring on her left hand. Ordinarily I would have swept her into my arms immediately and pressed the full force of my pulsing lust to her thigh to prove my interest to her. Alas though, as I understand it, this is an "offense" that one could be arrested for in this strange land.

While trying to formulate an alternate plan, a difficult proposition since I do not speak the language here ... the rail chariot stopped. She smiled at me and got off.

This frustrated me greatly. Pity, she would have born me many strong sons as she was very healthy and taller than the average females I have witnessed here.

As TAG's self-proclaimed Google Guru, I found the latest quest intriguing.

I, too, have wondered how JK girls, and grown women, for that matter, manage to brave the elements in the winter months. I have absolutely no qualms enjoying the view, by the way. As long it's merely enjoying the view, I see nothing wrong with appreciating beauty.

Alas, I digress. As with so many mysteries in Life, the speculation on the purpose of leg hair on humans has myriad possibilities.

From a UK site, "ask a Biologist,"

"Leg and arm hair has a function - it helps keep us warm. However, the advantage is small when you consider that we have clothing and we are able to heat our environment. In our evolutionary past clothing and heat have not always been so readily available, so we still maintain some hair for good functional reasons. Hair also offers some protection against the sun and against minor abrasions.

Body hair is also a sexually dimorphic characteristic, providing a signal about maturity and virility in males."

http://www.askabiologist.org.uk/answers/viewtopic.php?id=1119

From LiveStrong:

"Human body hairs are connected to touch receptors in the skin that allow us to feel and, in that sense, collectively serve as a protective warning device."

http://www.livestrong.com/article/76153-function-human-hair/

On the ScienceAlert site:

"And our hair still plays a very important role in regulating our body temperature. When it's cold outside, tiny muscles surrounding the hair follicle cause the hairs to stand up, to trap more heat near the body. This is what happens when you get goosebumps."

http://www.sciencealert.com/watch-why-do-we-have-body-hair

Yet another function described by LiveScience:

"Human body hair might seem to be useless on today's modern man, but it could help us detect parasites, researchers suggest, adding there's a chance our female ancestors preferred a bug-free mate, and so opted for hairier guys.

Men seemed better at detecting parasites — they are generally hairier than women because of higher testosterone levels. This does not necessarily mean that women are more likely to be bitten — blood-sucking insects likely prefer to bite hosts in relatively hairless areas such as ankles.

Although the researchers stress they are not saying that the differences in male and female body hair are due to parasites, they do speculate that in our evolutionary past women might have preferred men with fewer parasites on them — hairier men."

http://www.livescience.com/17459-human-body-hair-parasite-detection.html

And for all you visual learners, a short video on the subject from the educated folks at The University of New South Wales:

So, how can women and men in kilts stand to run around with bare naked legs in winter? That's a mystery I still need to research.

And a further mystery regarding hair.

trump_just_hair.png

Maybe it's alternative hair.

Last edited: