World Cup

Ostripster

TAG Member
Reaction score
What effect will the world cup have on the scene?
Ill be in Japan during it.

Considering it will be an insane amount of tourists begging for P4P, your chances will be a lot less due to an increase in their business. I would also imagine the prices to jump due to the abundance of foreigners trying to barge in without understanding the rules or even turning away foreigners.

Reactions: SugoiBoy
The Olympics next year will be an insane and ridiculous time to be in Tokyo, but is the Rugby World Cup (October this year) really that big of a deal? The Rugby matches are spread out all over the country...

Reactions: SoapFTW
The Olympics next year will be an insane and ridiculous time to be in Tokyo, but is the Rugby World Cup (October this year) really that big of a deal? The Rugby matches are spread out all over the country...
True, and it will happen over many weeks
Also Rugby fans are gentlemen who would not even think about doing those disgusting P4P things :D

Reactions: mr roboto
Also Rugby fans are gentlemen who would not even think about doing those disgusting P4P things :D

Most probably they are too intoxicated to get it up. :p

Reactions: Sudsy and Frenchy
True. Probably more so than swimming or gymnastics fans at least.

Well, most of those will be hitting up 2 chome anyhow.

Well, most of those will be hitting up 2 chome anyhow.
True. I think that for RWC if you are a smart P4P lady the trick is to attend the matches themselves , then there is a window of opportunity before the guys hit the bars and end up drunk and vomiting in their beds , or at best (worst?) in some lousy massage place at 3 or 4 am.

Reactions: SugoiBoy
You should consider including more information in your inquiries.

The FIFA Women’s World Cup was just held in France. The FIFA Men’s World Cup will be in Qatar in 2022.

I suppose he meant the Rugby World Cup but yes, good points
We can’t be mind readers if people don’t include enough information.

There’s also the 2019 FIBA World Cup, which will be held in China.

And the cricket World Cup taking place now. The options are endless.

Reactions: DireWolf98
Game on! Ganbare Nihon!

58690915-26A3-4C27-8166-B7339F84DDD6.jpeg

I don't think it'll be a big deal. When FIFA was in Japan a while back the only changes I saw were that in Roppongi the girls on the street weren't on the street during that time period, they returned after FIFA was done.

Reactions: Frenchy
I don't think it'll be a big deal. When FIFA was in Japan a while back the only changes I saw were that in Roppongi the girls on the street weren't on the street during that time period, they returned after FIFA was done.
All seats are booked even for obscure matches but its so spread time-wise and geographically that it should have a very limited impact on « the scene »

All seats are booked even for obscure matches but its so spread time-wise and geographically that it should have a very limited impact on « the scene »

Still seats available ....usually the expensive seats at good games (100,000 JPY). Might be more seats available later in the tournament if England, Wales, or Ireland fail to make the semifinals.

Still seats available ....usually the expensive seats at good games (100,000 JPY). Might be more seats available later in the tournament if England, Wales, or Ireland fail to make the semifinals.

... ok so, more seats available later then :)

Game on! Ganbare Nihon!

Only time a foreigner is allowed to utter those words are when you are in bed with a local girl.

Or a boy, we don't discriminate.

The JRFU leading the way in Japan on diversity policy. Must be confusing for Japanese supporters who are new to rugby...where is he from? which ones are Japanese? Number 9 looks Japanese.

Reactions: Ken1988 and Frenchy
The JRFU leading the way in Japan on diversity policy. Must be confusing for Japanese supporters who are new to rugby...where is he from? which ones are Japanese? Number 9 looks Japanese.
Ah ah agreed. Which makes Mikey’s small-minded racist comment a bit off topic in this case :)

Ah ah agreed. Which makes Mikey’s small-minded racist comment a bit off topic in this case :)

Well, who is the racist now? You are basically saying the rugby guys are not Japanese. How small-minded of you judge people only based on their looks. Shame on you!

That's what the whole Japan can be....eventually perhaps.

Or slowly dying if they keep the same level of babies production and don’t want to attract more of those pesky gaijins.

When I was a kid everyone said overpopulation is the biggest threat to the human kind. Nowadays people have found cooler threats but if you stop to think about it (yeah, I know, not a popular thing) everything still comes down to it. Having less people will make our planet healthier.

So the way Japan is doing it seems to be correct for me. The right way is not to attract more people from non-developing countries to come in to make more babies but to find ways how to cope as a society and a country with declining population. Every country should do the same.