World Cup

I like the fact “h**ker” is the name of one of the rugby positions:whistle:
There is a T-Shirt that is popular among ruggers in the U.S.:
“Support your local h**ker - Play Rugby.”

Below that phrase is a graphic of a girl, between two muscular guys, with arms around their necks.

There is a T-Shirt that is popular among ruggers in the U.S.:
“Support your local h**ker - Play Rugby.”

Below that phrase is a graphic of a girl, between two muscular guys, with arms around their necks.
I found a similar t-shirt:
2E7B0E7C-1331-4F1C-8BD2-6649DD709E85.jpeg

I notice that asian feeling / relax have lots of available girls this weekend. Usually on a weekend there are 3/4 on the roster but 10 yesterday and today. Must be expecting loads of rugby fans

Reactions: SugoiBoy
Visited the "fanzone" in Yurakucho today. (It is opposite the Tokyo Forum...on the other side of the train tracks. It is an indoor venue. The site used to be a theatre, and then a big Muji shop.)

They seem to be going for a "family/kids" environment, rather than Beer Hall x Sports Bar x Rugby Party vibe. But they have several large screens and plenty of room this afternoon for the Italy game. Imagine it would be heaving for the Japan games and packed for big games.

Reactions: SugoiBoy
I was at the yokohama fanzone for the opening game and there was a great atmosphere but the fanzone was shit. Overpriced shit beer or chu-hi, so no wine, or anything else, plus one SINGLE screen and insane lines for all of the food and drink.

Still. The stadium was even worse. 40 minute lines for the privilege of paying 1,000 yen for some arubaito to pour a can of Heineken (ugh) into a cup with glacial aplomb. Uh... you know there is a match going on, right?

Still still! The rugby is not bad though!

I have a question, and the 'community' here are a smart and resourceful bunch.

I was gutted that not all the games are on regular TV, in fact I think less than half are. My plans to sit down with a six pack of Heineken every evening and watch a sport Im fairly interested in but have no emotional investment in have been dashed.

DAZN has the games, but shows them all with like a 6 hour delay (wtf?). I think J-sports has the rights to the rest (I didn't even know J sports still existed after DAZN took J-league and Premier league rights away)

Does anyone have a link to a guide somewhere that tells us what games are on regular TV here in Japan?

I just remembered my Japanese isn't that bad and answered my own question:

here you go, in case anyone is interested

https://rugbyhack.com/2018/09/20/tv/

Dread to think how may man hours were put into organzing the
I have a question, and the 'community' here are a smart and resourceful bunch.

I was gutted that not all the games are on regular TV, in fact I think less than half are. My plans to sit down with a six pack of Heineken every evening and watch a sport Im fairly interested in but have no emotional investment in have been dashed.

DAZN has the games, but shows them all with like a 6 hour delay (wtf?). I think J-sports has the rights to the rest (I didn't even know J sports still existed after DAZN took J-league and Premier league rights away)

Does anyone have a link to a guide somewhere that tells us what games are on regular TV here in Japan?

I just remembered my Japanese isn't that bad and answered my own question:

here you go, in case anyone is interested

https://rugbyhack.com/2018/09/20/tv/

Thanks for the link!

Reactions: Durg50
RWC Tickets

The RWC website is great - except for ticketing. Hopeless ticketing system. What other avenues are people using (or heard others using) to get tickets?

RWC Tickets

The RWC website is great - except for ticketing. Hopeless ticketing system. What other avenues are people using (or heard others using) to get tickets?

Scalpers :D

And now I hope (a bit) to see a France-Japan semifinal , not holding my breath though

I am going to get through it with a LOT of booze. Whether we win or lose, I am going to need to be shitfaced to deal with the stress of knowing that there is a slim chance that we might MIGHT just do it. (We won't do it: IRL to lose by 30 points)

And then I'll have to do it all over again on Sunday for the Japan match.

Reactions: namae
I am going to get through it with a LOT of booze. Whether we win or lose, I am going to need to be shitfaced to deal with the stress of knowing that there is a slim chance that we might MIGHT just do it. (We won't do it: IRL to lose by 30 points)

Look on the bright side, you lose today by 30 points, then you get to relax and enjoy the tournament. Watch NZ flog England then go onto to win the RWC. Or think of the very, very dark side, you win today by 3 points, get flogged by England in the semi then watch England lift the RWC.

Read today about how the knockout games will be decided in the event of a draw. Copying football/soccer they have decided to do 20 minutes of extra time, and then penalty kicks. I would prefer to see the game decided by who scored the most tries. Penalty kicks seems like unnecessary theatre/stress and overvalues kicking...some teams may not have enough decent kickers on the field at the death (or even at the start of the match.)

Good game Wales...
feel like shit to lose by just one point , in the last 5mn... :cry:

Fuck it ... its always the same usual suspects (minus Australia this time)

Faf (Francois) De Klerk

fuck why is it so often the scrum-halfs (or fly-halfs) who look so cool and get the models and media attention and we (the rest, more or less) being the obscure peasants covered with blood , sweat and tears?
(Ok I’m jealous. Would definitely suck his cock if I was a lady , or gay)

47B3B653-5ED2-4E43-B7DB-263C04815166.png

Last edited:
2A250B17-2641-44B7-9E53-8FCF6DA9E317.jpeg
Going today to Yokohama for the finale.
Will support England of course

(Wink....Smirk... faint smile.... repressed laugh.... oh wtf laughing hysterically now :ROFLMAO:)

Last edited:
Reactions: BB0523 and Majestyk