Guest viewing is limited

Xmas is here 2018

Bob

Enjoying life with the ladies!
Reaction score
So, nice to see many of the xmas lights up now.

brace-yourself-christmas-oi0wmn.jpg

So, nice to see many of the xmas lights up now.

Christmas decorations put up before November 23rd should be punished with a particularly sound whipping.

Christmas decorations put up before November 23rd should be punished with a particularly sound whipping.

I would prefer the time to be December 23rd but I could compromise on December 1st if I had to.

See, I much prefer the ancient Yule traditions. A drunken gluttonous orgy that lasted for a couple of weeks.

I can do without the human sacrifice though... unless someone can find me a few politicians.

You guys aren’t ready to jingle your bells?!

Well, if we're going into music.... I may or may not have slipped this one into the office holiday playlist folders.

I love the lights, smell, sounds, spirit, decorations and everything Christmas. It’s not so much about receiving presents in our family but it’s more about creating memories and carrying on with the tradition of giving back to our friends, families and community.

As a child, I can recall every Christmas helping my mom make egg rolls for our neighbors, friends and her co-workers. It’s one of my fondest and most cherished memories of my childhood. Now that I have kids of my own, every Christmas we would bake candied nuts for our friends, neighbors and their teachers. To see the excitement, joy and the pride in their eyes as they pass out the candied nuts just makes my heart explode into a million pieces.

The restaurant outside my office already have a Christmas tree...
Time to avoid Starbucks again...

We need to get Japan interested in THanksgiving so they have TG decorations up for a month before christmas.

Well, Japan does have a "Labor Thanksgiving Day" (勤労感謝の日), which also happens to be in November. Apparently, it has nothing to do with eating turkey or watching American football on TV:D

I will be away from Japan to feel more real Christmas this year.

I usually go to church the night of Christmas Eve yet I don’t get the real Christmas feeling in Japan.

I always imagine myself going to church on Christmas, praying and holding my girlfriend's hand, walking under the snow slowly, feeling the Holly Spirit.
Still struggled to do that in Japan.
But what is the church that you were talking about? At least i'd like to know what it is like on Christmas.

I love the lights, smell, sounds, spirit, decorations and everything Christmas. It’s not so much about receiving presents in our family but it’s more about creating memories and carrying on with the tradition of giving back to our friends, families and community.

As a child, I can recall every Christmas helping my mom make egg rolls for our neighbors, friends and her co-workers. It’s one of my fondest and most cherished memories of my childhood. Now that I have kids of my own, every Christmas we would bake candied nuts for our friends, neighbors and their teachers. To see the excitement, joy and the pride in their eyes as they pass out the candied nuts just makes my heart explode into a million pieces.

That's so sweet.

Reactions: Simonka
I always imagine myself going to church on Christmas, praying and holding my girlfriend's hand, walking under the snow slowly, feeling the Holly Spirit.
Still struggled to do that in Japan.
But what is the church that you were talking about? At least i'd like to know what it is like on Christmas.

I occasionally go to the local church in my neiborhood but for Christmas mass, I go to Saint Ignatius church at Sophia Univ, where I am officially registered at.
They have English mass, too.

http://www.stignatius.jp/en/

I occasionally go to the local church in my neiborhood but for Christmas mass, I go to Saint Ignatius church at Sophia Univ, where I am officially registered at.
They have English mass, too.

http://www.stignatius.jp/en/

That’s good to know, @Manami TMK. Thank you.
I went to the Franciscan Chapel Center in Roppongi a couple of years ago when I had to work through Christmas in Japan.