Yoshiwara Soapland Spreadsheet and Discussion Thread (Updated July 2024)

It'd require user work, but how would a list of tax-free establishments, regardless of type (soap, delivery, etc.) work? Currently this'd require lurking through reviews one by one.

We already have well maintained lists of all major soap areas......plus my lacking list for Hotel Health. I think this makes it easy for members to check which places they can visit without beeing ripped off.
Sure, there is nothing for Delivery Health yet, but there are so MANY shops that it's impossible to create a proper up to date list. For every shop that starts to charge foreigners extra, two new ones pop up.

Reactions: Alice and R3mmles
I think creating seperate subforums will make the forum super hard to navigte....would basically result twice as many subforums, and there already are quite a lot.

Maybe give reviews/shops with gaijin tax a little special tag to make it easily recognizable that they overcharge Non-Japanese subhumans, even without clicking on the review

440px-Naval_Ensign_of_Japan.svg.png
Exactly the same response for this as well
And the shops where Japanese speaking foreigners are exempt from the tax, are they bad? I don't think so as a Japanese speaker.

And will it apply to low taxes like JanJan that charges an additional 1,000 yen.
The criteria needs to be more precise.

I am fine with paying a reasonable tax due to the exchange rate, 2k and below is fair tbh. 5k leaves a bad taste but when you need to get some release.
Anything more is just not worth it.

Reactions: SealedTears
Yeah but the exchange rate fairness thing doesn't really help people living in Japan long-term unless they're getting paid in USD, right?

Sorry but that politician is full of BS in my opinion. Hospitality? Does that mean the country has to become a playground for temporary visitors?

Imo there is a very easy way to distinguish the foreigners who live here from the ones who don’t. Just check some form of ID, like what the happening bars are doing with the health insurance card requirement.
I highly doubt a restaurant is going to check everyone’s ID, so what would end up happening is that they’ll racially profile who to ask for ID and who not to ask. I don’t think that’s a great solution.

I highly doubt a restaurant is going to check everyone’s ID, so what would end up happening is that they’ll racially profile who to ask for ID and who not to ask. I don’t think that’s a great solution.
Maybe they should select on Japanese language ability then.
There are still restaurants that reject clients saying “Japanese only” and you don’t hear politicians yelping about that, but they do about places charging tourists a bit more.

Japan is gradually turning not fun to be for the locals anymore because the politicians care so much about providing fan service for the tourists.

Reactions: steamboat bill jr
So, should we start pulling down the reviews of these places and remove them from the 'go to' lists? We drive a lot of business their way, so it could be time to speak up and not accept this universal price raising.

Perhaps you can do it like other forums where reviews are gated behind contributions. The more you contribute, the more you can view.

Perhaps you can do it like other forums where reviews are gated behind contributions. The more you contribute, the more you can view.
this is not how TAG works since its day 1.
That's great but the number of posters never contributing with reviews is ridiculous.
TAG does have non-public content that is only accessible by members who have been with us for a certain period of time with specific levels of contribution. Unfortunately, we have people reading our site and then causing problems at shops which is provoking us to keep more content under direct control in a gated fashion. (or reviewers are choosing to place more valuable content in member-only areas, etc.)

@Cinnabums is correct. A big percentage of people around the site are non-contributors, but benefit from the information shared. Or, they are the hit-and-run type where they just join to read one review, never to be seen again.

I had exchanges on Line with Cosplay paradise and Alice Cafe. According to their website, the address is the same for both establishments. I know that the 2 are the same banner but is it true that both are in the same building?

I had exchanges on Line with Cosplay paradise and Alice Cafe. According to their website, the address is the same for both establishments. I know that the 2 are the same banner but is it true that both are in the same building?
Correct Sir, next to each other.

Notice that they charge an additional 20K from heathens!

1000007931.jpg

TAG does have non-public content that is only accessible by members who have been with us for a certain period of time with specific levels of contribution. Unfortunately, we have people reading our site and then causing problems at shops which is provoking us to keep more content under direct control in a gated fashion. (or reviewers are choosing to place more valuable content in member-only areas, etc.)

@Cinnabums is correct. A big percentage of people around the site are non-contributors, but benefit from the information shared. Or, they are the hit-and-run type where they just join to read one review, never to be seen again.

I have not contributed so I am a bit of a hypocrite, but I'd be more inclined to share my reviews if I knew that it would not result in that provider being fully booked by tourists, or only shared with others that contributes.

I am selfish as I saw one of my favourites get posted here, and now she's fully booked almost every week by tourists, some even causing trouble by not understanding basic manners and etiquette, which may just end up as +gaijin tax for us all.

Reactions: Alice
I am selfish as I saw one of my favourites get posted here, and now she's fully booked almost every week by tourists, some even causing trouble by not understanding basic manners and etiquette, which may just end up as +gaijin tax for us all.

This sounds a bit like an asumption. Why do think all of her bookings are tourists that were driven to her shop by TAG? Sure, much mentioned girls like Kaoru are booked a lot, but I think simple one time reviews don't have such a huge effect on girls' scheduls... ...or has she told you that there was a huge influx of foreigners lately?

This sounds a bit like an asumption. Why do think all of her bookings are tourists that were driven to her shop by TAG? Sure, much mentioned girls like Kaoru are booked a lot, but I think simple one time reviews don't have such a huge effect on girls' scheduls... ...or has she told you that there was a huge influx of foreigners lately?
Yeah, some providers do casually mention this when I ask how are they. Busy - I ask if it's because of the tourist boom lately, most of them say yes or they don't really know. I'm not specifically mentioning TAG as the cause but I'm confident TAG pulls its weight when it comes to foreign traffic. It's the number one ranked site on Google for japan adult ent.

The example I gave mentioned it to me on LINE though - alot more foreign customers. Good for her, though - but I hope there's no additional tax soon.

As someone who plays alot but have contributed zero I would be happy to help my favourites get more popular since I rarely see rankers. Most girls say(honestly I hope) that most foreign* customers are better than Japanese customers.

*Depending on nationality but I will not share the more rotten nationalities.

Reactions: hanito
As someone who plays alot but have contributed zero I would be happy to help my favourites get more popular since I rarely see rankers. Most girls say(honestly I hope) that most foreign* customers are better than Japanese customers.

*Depending on nationality but I will not share the more rotten nationalities.

Even so, i think we would be much more likely to contribute if we HAD to. that is pretty much my point, the latter is just my old man ranting. i am happy as more customers = more money for them.

However, if the quality of customers are not good, then it is an issue for all of us. We have seen the new wave of tourists, some will spill over thinking this is the same as their cheap thailand punts

Even so, i think we would be much more likely to contribute if we HAD to. that is pretty much my point, the latter is just my old man ranting.

If you force people to contribute, quality of reviews would drop because some people would probably submit 3-sentence reviews.

I understand the sentiment that you don't want to put some shops/girls into the spotlight.....and I think most people here think this way. Just write reviews of shops/providers where you think it is unproblematic. If you use a lot of shops there is a lot to talk about even if you keep your absolute favorites to yourself.

If you force people to contribute, quality of reviews would drop because some people would probably submit 3-sentence reviews.

I understand the sentiment that you don't want to put some shops/girls into the spotlight.....and I think most people here think this way. Just write reviews of shops/providers where you think it is unproblematic. If you use a lot of shops there is a lot to talk about even if you keep your absolute favorites to yourself.
Good point. i believe the admins are overworked as it is so it may not be such a genius idea. i just looked at other forums and they did it in such a way where i thought it was feasible (the hk focused forums if you guys know about that - no links)

Sure, much mentioned girls like Kaoru are booked a lot,

Judging from her recent posts on twitter, I think the foreigner tax is also affecting her schedule.

Tenchou friendly
Girl boob big
Sex good

Recommended will repeat

Literally American kiosk tip system: tip before you even receive the service. And like with it, if I were to tip using a digital system, I question how much of it actually goes to the person

Even so, i think we would be much more likely to contribute if we HAD to. that is pretty much my point, the latter is just my old man ranting. i am happy as more customers = more money for them.

However, if the quality of customers are not good, then it is an issue for all of us. We have seen the new wave of tourists, some will spill over thinking this is the same as their cheap thailand punts
There's a second part in this as well and I'll use myself as an example, I've never been to Japan but have a longer trip planned for October. By definition I can't really contribute much as I honestly don't have any experiences to relate to most topics but by being able to read I've been able to pick up quite a long list of tips, do and don't that I'm bringing with me with the plan to write reviews once I'm back and actually can share something. If all the reviews where blocked then chances of joining to share after the fact on what's in practice a random forum at that point (since chances I'd stick around and read beyond the first visit is slim) would be very limited.