Your Go-To Hangover Cure

I'm not a fan of the taste of alcohol so if i drink its either because other people are doing it or because i want to get smashed. :)

I think I posted this before, but absinthe will get you smashed in no time.
AND it's a cool tasting drink with a lot of history!

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
I avoid sleeping while I'm drunk, I take at least one hour of water drinking before that and the next day I'm good.

I think I posted this before, but absinthe will get you smashed in no time.
AND it's a cool tasting drink with a lot of history!

I actually did this about a month ago with friends.
I had like 3 or 4 shots (its blurry) and i felt great. Best drunk i ever had. I did not have to throw up and did not have much of a hangover. One of my friends who was drinking it with me could not stop throwing up though.
Contrary, i do throw up after 3 tequila shots usually but i was fine with absinthe somehow.

Reactions: RIDER 00
I actually did this about a month ago with friends.
I had like 3 or 4 shots (its blurry) and i felt great. Best drunk i ever had. I did not have to throw up and did not have much of a hangover. One of my friends who was drinking it with me could not stop throwing up though.
Contrary, i do throw up after 3 tequila shots usually but i was fine with absinthe somehow.

You followed my advice!? Yay!!!

Yeah, I think it's the wormwood, but it really has a special kind of effect on most people. Like, the drunkenness sneaks up on you and it makes you feel really happy and good.
All the co-workers I have introduced it to felt the same way.

I like Jagermeister more for the taste, but Absinthe is my go-to drink for getting drunk fast.

"best drunk ever", "getting drunk fast" ??

Let me introduce you to some good stuff from the fume cabinet.
I promise it wont taste much different to absinthe. :D

Yeah, I think it's the wormwood, but it really has a special kind of effect on most people. Like, the drunkenness sneaks up on you and it makes you feel really happy and good.

I like Jagermeister more for the taste, but Absinthe is my go-to drink for getting drunk fast.
where can we get that in Japan ?
In Morocco we do tea with absinthe leaves, it's pretty popular in winter and it's recommended to women with painful periods. It's also good to treat some intestinal issues.

where can we get that in Japan ?
In Morocco we do tea with absinthe leaves, it's pretty popular in winter and it's recommended to women with painful periods. It's also good to treat some intestinal issues.

Roppongi Suzusake has a wide selection.

http://www.suzusake.com/SHOP/14887/24856/list.html

So does Liquors Hasegawa in the Yaesu shopping mall at Tokyo station.

http://www.liquors-hasegawa.com/SHOP/66975/66976/list.html

The internet is wonderful. You can find almost any answer there.

Reactions: e-smile
I used to drink really heavy when I was in the navy. My go to for a hangover was a bacon, egg and cheese sandwich and a talk glass of orange juice and some fruit. Worked for me every time.

I've had good luck lately with borage oil tablets. Take a few during the night while drinking. It at least helps prevent the morning headache, but sometimes I still feel tired. Drinking water throughout the evening helps if you can remember to do it.

I was in Korea once and had a hangover in the morning, I noticed something called hangover soup on a restaurant menu, it really did the trick. Sure wish I knew the recipe.

Yes, ever since your post about absinthe it was in the back of my head...

I had a shot at some random bar but i was disappointed. Wasn't anything interesting.
But then at my favorite bar, the bar tender told me they had a different brand and that it was quite good, that is when i did the 3 or 4 shots and it was great. Experience definitely depends on the brand.

Hey what a coincidence, i prefer Jagermeister as well for taste. Absinthe is sweetish but its still a little bit nasty, Jagerbombs you dont even taste the alcohol! But i agree that the effect of absinthe is better.

All this talk about absinthe made me break my alcohol-free diet plan.

On the positive side, I managed to take this cool photo.

CB51EB12-D00A-45EA-BA60-26E6995113F1.jpeg

All this talk about absinthe made me break my alcohol-free diet plan.

On the positive side, I managed to take this cool photo.

View attachment 6881

That is a real trippy photo, MissInsomnia. It reminded me of a little old Hong Kong bar that serves absinthe, tucked away in an area known as SOHO (South of Hollywood Road) in the city’s Central district. Good times.

Figured I do enough stupid things when I’m sober, don’t need alcohol to magnify that.

I don't really drink much anymore. My reason is though a bit different than yours. I figured out that now when I am older I can be sober and still do all the stupid things I want and which needed alcohol when I was younger .

Man, I used to LOVE absinthe.

I think it's the wormwood

Most modern absinthe has no wormwood at all because too many countries have banned it as an ingredient, which is a pity, because the studies showing it to be dangerous were all flawed, using either concentrations so high that you would have to drink dozens of barrels of absinthe to get a dangerous dose, or using other extracts of the wormwood plant (root, pulp) that were actually toxic in small concentrations. Wormwood extract in the concentrations used in absinthe is actually harmless, and doesn't cause hallucinations - the reputation for hallucinations comes from some of the things cheap versions used to get put in them back in the late 19th/early 20th century. Things like copper and arsenic!!!

It gets people smashed because it's usually 50-60% alcohol - some are as high as 70-75%.

I haven't had absinthe in ages... I still have my absinthe spoons in the back of my bar cabinet, I used to collect them.

These days I just stick to scotch.

Last trip my go to was Pocari Sweat for liquid and ramen or the spicy chicken nuggets from Lawson’s. Top tier cure.

I actually don’t drink at all when back home in the states (One beer occasionally, that’s it)

The little drinks for “futsukayoi” (hangovers) in convenience stores usually help. With lots of sleep and water.