Oppai pub for gaijin with shitty Japanese skills.

Chuck U Farley

TAG Member
Reaction score
I am sure this is asked a lot. I have been to one oppai pub in the past, maybe 5 years ago, it was by the entrance to golden gai and close to the Kuyakusho-mae Capsule Hotel, it was downstairs. I can’t remember the name but I had no problem getting in with very little Japanese. When I went back last year it was no longer there.
I tried to go to one in Akiba (I think it was a school girl themed place) but the guy spoke so fast I couldn’t understand him and he turned me away.
Can anyone recommend a place that may be more tolerant to someone who speak little a Japanese?
Also, is there a place that compares to the old New Hot Point?
Thank you for any information.

How little is "a little"?

You need to demonstrate to the door guy that you're at least conversational in Japanese. You're not getting into oppai pubs any other way.

Once you're actually seated with the girl you can maybe get by with a translator or just a couple words of vocabulary. But the door guy is not going to take the risk of letting you in unless they feel that you can communicate and understand the rules (that's what their main concern is).

I am sure this is asked a lot. I have been to one oppai pub in the past, maybe 5 years ago, it was by the entrance to golden gai and close to the Kuyakusho-mae Capsule Hotel, it was downstairs. I can’t remember the name but I had no problem getting in with very little Japanese. When I went back last year it was no longer there.
I tried to go to one in Akiba (I think it was a school girl themed place) but the guy spoke so fast I couldn’t understand him and he turned me away.
Can anyone recommend a place that may be more tolerant to someone who speak little a Japanese?
Also, is there a place that compares to the old New Hot Point?
Thank you for any information.
Didn't you ask this same thing a few times in this forum? Maybe go to one of the most reviewed places and try your luck with the doormen.

Reactions: Alice
You can find a list of all operational shops in Ikebukuro and Shinjuku here:

https://tokyoadultguide.com/threads/sekukyaba-resource-thread.28609/

In Ikebukuro all shops require you to talk a little Japanese. Usually the requirements are not very high, but they at least want to make sure you understand what they tell you.

In Shinjuku are a few places where you seem to get in even if you only speak English. I haven't been, but other members of this forum verified it. I don't know if they are any good, but you could give them a try.

Last edited:
Didn't you ask this same thing a few times in this forum? Maybe go to one of the most reviewed places and try your luck with the doormen.
Yes I did. But it has been a while. And places open and close all the time.
The fact that I easily got into one in the past with mostly English is the reason I asked.
Thank you.

You can find a list of all operational shops in Ikebukuro and Shinjuku here:

https://tokyoadultguide.com/threads/sekukyaba-resource-thread.28609/

In Ikebukuro all shops require you to talk a little Japanese. Usually the requirements are not very high, but they at least want to make sure you understand what they tell you.

In Shinjuku there are a few places where you seem to get in even if you only speak English. I haven't been, but other members of this forum verified it. I don't know if they are any good, but you could give them a try.
I had no idea there were so many
Thank you.

I have been to one oppai pub in the past, maybe 5 years ago
You’ve been here more than five years and still haven’t learned enough Japanese to be functional? C’mon man, crack the books! It’ll make your life here so much better!

You’ve been here more than five years and still haven’t learned enough Japanese to be functional? C’mon man, crack the books! It’ll make your life here so much better!
Where did you get that assumption from? I Just visit every once in a while.

Where did you get that assumption from? I Just visit every once in a while.
Here on TAG as a relatively active member. 😊

If you’re going to keep frequenting Japan, learn the language. It’s really a different world once you do.

Here on TAG as a relatively active member. 😊

If you’re going to keep frequenting Japan, learn the language. It’s really a different world once you do.
I am studying
But living in America and working with mostly Hispanics doesn’t really help.
Lol I think more than anything I just freeze up and don’t have enough confidence speaking.

Reactions: Alice and Sudsy
I manage to get into a few in Ikebukuro with quite limited Japanese, only been turned away twice. Miss Campus, Ribbon and the ones from that chain. One thing I found actually helps is sign up for their mailing lists. You get emailed daily with vouchers and stuff. If you have that ready on your phone, in Japanese it kind of works towards "proving" your Japanese to the door man.

I manage to get into a few in Ikebukuro with quite limited Japanese, only been turned away twice. Miss Campus, Ribbon and the ones from that chain. One thing I found actually helps is sign up for their mailing lists. You get emailed daily with vouchers and stuff. If you have that ready on your phone, in Japanese it kind of works towards "proving" your Japanese to the door man.
I appreciate it, I went to one and I was able to communicate with a few girls with my shitty Japanese this was years ago, at the same time I can see how it is no fun for the girls with no English abilities to struggle with a person with caveman Japanese skills. That’s why I am trying to do the research and not just go out making foreigners look bad. Or worse

Reactions: Alice