News 8/9/2015 - All Visitors And Members - Please Read

TAG Manager

Executive Leadership
Reaction score
Hi all,

I would like to take a few moments to point a few basic points that I think people need to be reminded of:

A) Multiple Accounts - This is simply not permitted. Once a duplicate account has been detected, it will be removed. The offending member will have to make a choice on which account to keep. We can't always catch duplicate accounts, but they aren't hard to spot.

B) Reporting Posts/Threads/Users - Don't report anything if you can't at least use more than one word to describe what we should be looking at.

C) Universal Membership - This board sees visitors from all walks of like, there are so many that I don't want to take the time to list them all... but if you can't open your mind and accept other people for who they are, then please excuse yourself from whatever topic/thread that may be bothering you.

D) Train Wreck Threads - If we close or clean up these threads, please don't come complaining about it... the train has wrecked and there's no turning back time to fix it.

Lastly, I would just like to remind people that if you get banned from a forum or thread, you will get an error message that tells you that you don't have rights to post there. That's not going to be fixed, period.

Thank you.

In addendum:

E) Valid Accounts with Valid Email Addresses - Accounts that have invalid email addresses (i.e. we get a bounce back) will be banned or suspended until the account owner provides a valid email address. (throwaway, temporary accounts are not permitted) -- Why you may ask? It's a way to maintain some type of traceability and accountability for members. This is a preventive control to help reduce the amount of trash content, fake reviews or other activities that are not conducive to the growth of this community.

New accounts where email addresses bounce immediately: Account is deleted.
Existing accounts that were at one time valid, but show bounced messages: Account is banned with a notice to contact management.
Existing accounts that never updated their email after a notification: Suspended (users can remove the suspension automatically by updating their account)

Reactions: Eva Habermann