Guest viewing is limited

Any info on Club Scarlet?

MikeJessi

TAG Member
Reaction score
So sad to hear that Bliss Out has closed down. I've been going there with my partner since 2017 whenever we vacation in Tokyo (last time there was May this year). Has anyone here been to to the happening bar that took over Bliss Out's old location, which is called Club Scarlet? Any news if it's foreigner friendly?

Reactions: Alice
So sad to hear that Bliss Out has closed down. I've been going there with my partner since 2017 whenever we vacation in Tokyo (last time there was May this year). Has anyone here been to to the happening bar that took over Bliss Out's old location, which is called Club Scarlet? Any news if it's foreigner friendly?
Not yet, first time I've heard of it.

For entry, tourists won't be allowed from what I can see.
初回ご入店時、身分証(運転免許証・マイナンバーカード等顔写真付きの年齢確認が出来るもの)保険証2点をご提示願います
Requires two forms of ID, including one with a photo + your health insurance card.
There's note in there that the photo ID is used to confirm your age as well.

It also says you must register on their website before going to the club location. (and bring the printed registration page with you)
ご来店前に、web上で会員登録をお願いしておりますので、登録完了の会員証ページをご提示ください。
会員登録がお済みでない場合には、店外にて登録後にご入店をお願いしております。ご了承ください。

I don't see anything that says no foreigners, but looks like you need to be a resident of Japan with required identification documents.

Edit: I missed the system page notes:
※当日身分証確認(顔写真付き身分証・健康保険証の2点)
 外国人の場合にはパスポート・在留カード等で可

Foreigners are okay - and can use Zairyu card, Passport, etc. but insurance card still required.

Last edited:
I visited there 3 times.
I personally do NOT recommend to my dearest friends.
Because the staffs couldn't make me safe and comfortable all the 3 times unfortunately.
Sorry for my negative reply. But I can't recommend there as a Japanese native female.

I visited there 3 times.
I personally do NOT recommend to my dearest friends.
Because the staffs couldn't make me safe and comfortable all the 3 times unfortunately.
Sorry for my negative reply. But I can't recommend there as a Japanese native female.
Sorry to hear about your bad experience ❤️

Club Scarlett is very different than bliss. I went there once and it wasn't terrible, but I wouldn't suggest it for travelers. You need some japanese ability to talk to the staff and receive the rule explaination(lots of rules there). Also you need a japanese health insurance card.