Guest viewing is limited

Any restaurant recommendations for solo traveler?

hudsonfan

TAG Member
Reaction score
I've got several days alone in Tokyo before a group of friends join me. I'd like to take these days to enjoy myself and do whatever I want without having to compromise!

Interested in recommendations for great noodle soup, yakiniku, and crab/seafood places.

Currently on our list already are:

-Udon Maruka
-AFURI
-Yakiniku Jambo
-Bakuroichidai
-Kanidoraku (in Dotonbori)
-Kitafuku
-Ezoya
-Yoroniku

I was thinking of trying some of the following (won't have time for the full list):
-Tsuta ramen
-Mugi to Olive
-Kuroki (although I hear they no longer make the duck ramen)
-Kurokawa for tempura
-Nakiryu

Anything else that's unique/exceptional dining experiences, I would love to hear suggestions!

Nikugatou (yakiniku) in Ningyocho is great and they have a counter at the front of the restaurant so quite easy to get a single seat rather than a table.

You didn't specify whether you were after quantity or quality, but I'm not sure you can go wrong with the tabehoudai/nomihoudai at Gyu-kaku for yakiniku.
(Unless you just went to see a new half provider and you get so drunk that when you get home your wife goes through your wallet and finds a point card for said provider... it's a long story...)

You didn't specify whether you were after quantity or quality, but I'm not sure you can go wrong with the tabehoudai/nomihoudai at Gyu-kaku for yakiniku.
(Unless you just went to see a new half provider and you get so drunk that when you get home your wife goes through your wallet and finds a point card for said provider... it's a long story...)

What we particularly enjoy are places that are $30 USD or less per person but are known for being really good/one of the best in the category.

For example:
-konjiki hototogisu
-tsuta ramen
-Fukamachi tempura
-Udon Maruka

Take Fukamachi lunch for example. They have a tendon for 2500 JPY. It's probably not twice as good as Tempura Kurokawa in Tsukiji, but we get to taste the batter/technique of a 2 michelin star place for a $23~ USD lunch. Worth it! And, typically when we go to these places we may be able to order a la carte and enjoy other tastings from their chef without signing up for a 10,000 yen+ course.

We do have meals at Kitafuku and Omotesando Ukaitei and don't mind splurging now and then, but prefer most of our meals to fit the above profile.