Guest viewing is limited

Are There Any Strip Clubs In Roppongi Or In Shinjuku That Are Safe To Go In Without Getting A Scam?

TokyoTravels

TAG Member
Reaction score
Are there any Strip clubs in Roppongi or in Shinjuku that are safe to go in without getting a scam? I had read that some of the Roppongi strip clubs get wild with audience participation on stage. Would love to see that. Are any strip clubs safe to go in without the fear of being ripped off on your drink bill?

You are more likely to get blue balls than scammed in most Tokyo places. But your mileage my vary.

Reactions: Wwanderer
If you mean strip clubs, US style, there are some in Roppongi, beware being scammed...
If you mean strip theatres, there are many open to gaijns, in Shinjuku, Ueno, Yokohama. They are safe, there used to be some wth audience particpation, but not anymore, I am afraid.

The strip clubs in roppongi wont scam you, they are a bit shit though. Usually average looking eastern european girls that think they are supermodels just cos they have blonde hair and long legs and get a lot of attention from people who are drunk enough to be in roppongi.

The strip clubs in roppongi wont scam you, they are a bit shit though.

The ones touted by the Nigerians are all scams. Every last one.

If you really want a western style strip joint, go to Akasaka instead, the Nigerians haven't set up there.

I've been to seventh heaven too. Definitely no scam but the show is a bit boring.
And every staff there speaks English. Even the Japanese manager. Big plus if you don't speak Japanese and not too bad if you go for the happy hour from 7-9pm.

The ones touted by the Nigerians are all scams. Every last one.

If you really want a western style strip joint, go to Akasaka instead, the Nigerians haven't set up there.

depends how u define 'scam' . Typically its 3-5k for 1 hour nomihodai, and then aforementioned average looking girls hastle u for ladies drinks (1-5k) and or a private dance (7k).
Ive never been overcharged at one, just bored. Never tempted to go anymore.
All the nigerian guys ive spoken to in roppongi seemed ok and up front.
The ones in kabukicho tho.... Stay very far away.

Reactions: Anna Summer
depends how u define 'scam' . Typically its 3-5k for 1 hour nomihodai, and then aforementioned average looking girls hastle u for ladies drinks (1-5k) and or a private dance (7k).
Ive never been overcharged at one, just bored. Never tempted to go anymore.

That's 7th Heaven and One Eyed Jacks - not the Nigerian places.

All the nigerian guys ive spoken to in roppongi seemed ok and up front.

They clipped one of my buddies for more than a million yen. Roofied him and ran his credit card until they maxed it out.

I've said it before and I'll say it again - if a shop needs to make use of a tout (and not just Nigerian!) to attract customers, then at best it's not worth going to, and at worst it's a clip joint.

Last edited:
That's 7th Heaven and One Eyed Jacks - not the Nigerian places.

They clipped one of my buddies for more than a million yen. Roofied him and ran his credit card until they maxed it out.

I've said it before and I'll say it again - if a shop needs to make use of a tout (and not just Nigerian!) to attract customers, then at best it's not worth going to, and at worst it's a clip joint.

Ive never been to 7th heaven or 1 eyed jacks. Honestly the places i went were with the nigerian touts. I dont doubt there are scammers there, and 100% agree with your advice in general, im just sharing my experience.

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
Honestly the places i went were with the nigerian touts.

In all honesty, I'm gonna say you got away lucky. Going anywhere with the touts usually ends very badly.

Are there any Strip clubs in Roppongi or in Shinjuku that are safe to go in without getting a scam? I had read that some of the Roppongi strip clubs get wild with audience participation on stage. Would love to see that. Are any strip clubs safe to go in without the fear of being ripped off on your drink bill?
Would recommend going to Shinjuku strip and pole dancing clubs. The Shinjuku clubs often have a more show format, where there isn't any tomfoolery in back rooms resulting in 500 or 1,000 dollar charges like certain clubs in Roppongi.

The key is the style of strip club that it is. If ladies are asking suggesting lap dances in back rooms, that often can get very expensive. However, be aware that there are smaller strip clubs in Shinjuku that have the private lap dance style and can charge a lot.

TS, Nest (B1), and Shinjuku "Nyu Ato" are among Shinjuku clubs where pricing and charges are straightforward and reasonable.

uploadfromtaptalk1452372935865.jpg

Around the corner from popular Shinjuku HUB.

uploadfromtaptalk1452372972926.jpg

Nest (in front of Shinjuku Toho movie theater) is also a decent place to take an open-minded lady friend. Have also taken lady friends to TS in Shinjuku (but no picture of it here... Near Key Club disco).

Last edited:
The strip clubs in roppongi wont scam you, they are a bit shit though. Usually average looking eastern european girls that think they are supermodels just cos they have blonde hair and long legs and get a lot of attention from people who are drunk enough to be in roppongi.

Just because they have blonde hair, long legs, nice breasts, shapely butts, dance all sexy, get a lot of attention, guy is drunk....[emoji12]

The by far best strip THEATER in this fair city is Asakusa Rockza.

Think Radio City Music Hall with (eventually) all nude dancers. And when I say all nude, I mean legs spread wide. No drinks, no table dances, no scam. It's a theater, not a nightclub. Admission 5K, discounts for students, seniors, women, and couples. A great appetizer to get into the mood. All dancers Japanese, and they know what they are doing.

Ive never been to 7th heaven or 1 eyed jacks. Honestly the places i went were with the nigerian touts. I dont doubt there are scammers there, and 100% agree with your advice in general, im just sharing my experience.

FYI 1 eyed jacks disappeared several years ago I think.....building demolished....just in case some TAG reader has been searching madly.

Reactions: Sudsy