120 minutes, 19,000 yen

Booking Method:
Walk-In

Date of Encounter:
November 2023

Language Notes:
Japanese Only

Narrative of the Encounter:
There have been many other reports about Awa Romano, so I will try not to bore the reader with a detailed explanation of the services at the store. Just to recap: Awa Romano specializes in a certain kind of "mat play", different from what you find at soaplands. It's more like the idea of mat play combined with the body wash service from Chinese massage parlors. At Awa Romano, they specialize in a massage of sorts in which the provider lathers you with a warm mix of soap and a little lotion to "wash" your body (back and front) with their body.

There are other establishments that have similar services, but I like Awa Romano because it’s less like a massage and more like a unique bath. There's also the fact that, unlike soaplands or mat play places, it feels like the there is no set routine. It's all up to the provider, and that is part of the fun. If you go for the 天空の洗体 ("Tenku no Sentai") course, the only two basic established points are that you will get a body wash and a massage. How the providers go about it can be very different.

It's been really interesting to experience a lot of styles by the various providers. Some will use their large busts and their curves to envelop you and themselves in the bubbles. Others love to slip and slide. You can also tell which providers don't like or are simply not good at giving massages, although in my experience most providers will do at least a passable massage.

I had an enjoyable session with Hana back in October, who started working at Awa Romano recently. I was expecting another provider to answer when I stepped in a few minutes after the shop opened, but I was greeted by this slightly short and slim but bubbly provider. The photo on the site, with her wearing a school uniform, is obviously not her, but to her credit Hana works hard to build an image for the customer. Whether they're hers or the shops, she will often show up in a variety of costumes throughout the session.

I've read complains online about Hana's halitosis and about her being pushy about the "open show" option, (some, but not all, providers will offer to take off their bikini for 3,000 yen during the session) but that was not the case when I went. Some might complain about the fact that she has sort of fashion model-like curves (ie, she has a small bust and a nice, but not spectacular bottom), but out of her clothes she is really pretty. She seems to be aware about her body, but at this establishment it’s all about the service, and what surprised me is how she does the body wash.

She slips and slides on top in a really fun way when you're on your back, but the key point is on the flip side. Many providers will do a boob job or a kind of sumata--more like a glorified HJ in most cases--leading to a HJ, but not Hana. What she does is that she spreads your legs and gets in between, like in a reverse missionary position, but she only slides up to your member. She carefully points your member away from her (basically pointing to your chest) and uses her upper body to stimulate you. I thought it was curious, but it felt surprisingly good, and I almost exploded a few minutes after she started.

The massage and expected HJ after that were what you'd expect, but I couldn't forget her body wash, so I made an appointment a few weeks later.

This is where this review turns a little negative, however. In my second session with Hana, who this time greeted me with a skin-tight green dress, either she was more comfortable with me or she had been working on her technique, because her body wash set had changed. On my back, she seemed to be a bit more flirtatious and playful, with teasing in the nether region starting a few minutes into the body wash.

And then, when I flipped over, there was one big change. Hana once again spread my legs and got in between, but this time she started traveling further upwards. This time, she positioned my member not so that it faced towards me, but so that it slid between her thighs and she would stimulate me by rubbing my member in between her thighs. With no condom and seemingly no protection on her side, I was a bit nervous, and touched to confirm whether there really was no insertion. Everything seemed to be OK, and I came outside, but if I'm being honest with myself I feel a bit uncomfortable.

Hana seemed assured of herself and seemingly knew what she was doing, but even if there was 100% no insertion I have to admit to being unsure about this development. While intercrural sex might be safer in comparison to other kinds of sex, pregnancy (although I don't think this is a factor) is not unheard of, and (this is a factor) there is certainly a chance of getting an STD.

The massage section was also a bit more adventurous, as Hana let me have free roaming, but thankfully that ended with the usual HJ.

After my shower after the massage, I was still ruminating about what happened during the body wash while I chatted politely about the weather, Chinese food, etc. with Hana over a cup of hot barely tea.

Awa Romano started a new 40-minute course for 7,000 yen a few months ago, which might be the most popular course, since it's basically a short massage with a happy ending. Thinking about the course, Hana's body wash, and the conversation I overheard, I fear the worst. Maybe it was inevitable.

Review Independence: Was this review requested by the provider or service?:
No, this review was written without a request from the service or their provider.

Final Thoughts:
Recommended, May Repeat.

Closing Comments:
Maybe I’m being naive about an establishment in which the providers will get naked and slip and slide on top of you. I am aware that this hobby has inherent risks. However, I‘m not sure I feel comfortable with providers taking even more risks that I didn’t bargain for. Hana is a great provider, but her body wash technique and in general the riskier mood of the second session cast a shadow over my opinion of the shop. It might be time to re-evaluate my choices…

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for your review submission!

Approved: 1/11/2024

If you are worried about it, wear a condom for sumata. That's what I do. As there is a risk. Get tested if you are worrying. It will put your mind at ease. And probably with all the water etc, you didn't catch anything. But best to get yourself checked if you are concerned and cover it up next time.

Reactions: Airnest and Alice
Halitosis, learnt a new word today.
It's been a household word in North America since Listerine started throwing it into advertisements in the 1950s.

I fear the worst.
If you're that nervous about STDs, then seriously, stick to straight up massage places with hand service only. Sumata is pretty standard for a lot of the ladies at Awa Romano - and don't worry about (or for others, hope for) them "slipping it in" during the body wash, I don't think there's any experienced woman that wants a relatively strong soap inside them - it stings and can cause all sorts of problems.

Agree that the service varies greatly between providers. I have visited 3x so far and each one is vastly different from the other.
1st time I wasn’t asked for an upsell so just wash, massage then HJ.
2nd time I got an upsell after the wash prior to the massage and I got B2B and paizuri.
3rd time the upsell came prior to the wash and the provider was more liberal with her services similar to what OP reported.

I had Hana before like two months or so, she was still new to the place. She asked me about the 3000 yens option and I replied that I would do it if she blows me too. She hesitated a bit but later accepted. Her only request is to ejaculate outside her mouth. She blowed me for straight 30 minutes and it was amazing. However, in the mid of the blowjob, she asked me if I want sumata, and she told me if I have a condom she will let me have sex with her for extra 2000 yens.

Reactions: Spankmuffin
she was still new to the place
When you’re given off menu options, you keep your mouth shut about it. Keeps the girls out of trouble with the shop owners, and keeps idiots from showing up demanding the same service.

I learned the word halitosis when I worked with some guy with it and it was the talk of the office and I was like "what the hell is halitosis?". Dude was in his 20s and straight up had Cheeto orange teeth and he would come into my office and absolutely smoke. me. out. with that breath. Yikes, scarred for life.

Any report of halitosis would thus instantly take a provider off my list, but if I was OP, I wouldn't worry too much about STDs from this. It's always a measured risk though, so no reason you can't wear a rubber when doing this type of service just to be extra safe, or just stick to more basic services.

Reactions: Spankmuffin