Guest viewing is limited

Barber/Salon for Head Shave

thepillow

TAG Member
Reaction score
With the cultural focus on customer service and the extremely high degree of pride that professionals take in their work, it seems like Tokyo would be an ideal place to get my head shaved (I normally do it myself). Can anyone recommend a good barber shop or salon for this? Maybe even something more indulgent like a spa that includes a shave?

I would ask about a happy ending, but I feel like that may be pushing my luck when there are straight razors involved 😜

Reactions: Alice
If you also want your chin shaved in addition to your head then just find the local barbershop run by that old guy who has been doing it before you were born.

Never had a bad one yet though the closest I have gotten to a HE was getting my shoulders massaged briefly.

I’ve been going to a classic barber shop - in fact the same one I first visited on my first trip to Japan back in ancient times. The head shaving seems to be pretty common, at least I see one or two in a six month period.. Though, half of those are usually foreigners getting the full shave.

Reactions: thepillow and Alice
As long as you go to a riyoshitsu or tokkayasan and not a biyouin you’ll get razor’d. It’s a licensing thing I think.

Reactions: thepillow and Alice