Guest viewing is limited

Best chocolates

corgiesiao

TAG Member
Reaction score
I know this is kinda random because everytime I visit Tokyo, especially at Ginza I am mesmerized by many different types of gourmet chocolate vendors. If I were to buy some back as souvenirs what would you guys recommend? Many thanks.

Also interested in this! I've just been buying Kit Kats back for everyone, but would like to change it up a bit.

I know this is kinda random because everytime I visit Tokyo, especially at Ginza I am mesmerized by many different types of gourmet chocolate vendors. If I were to buy some back as souvenirs what would you guys recommend? Many thanks.
Gourmet chocolates aint gonna travel well in this heat.
Well, no chocolates will but you are going to be wasting more money with those.

Reactions: Alice
Gourmet chocolates aint gonna travel well in this heat.
Well, no chocolates will but you are going to be wasting more money with those.
I'm only planning to buy them during winter season in Tokyo so I'm aware.

Reactions: Alice
Personally I don’t care about ‘best,’ but rather I go for the ones I can’t get at all back home. I find it makes for more unique omiyage.

for souvenirs? no need for best.

unique and iconic is better for example wasabi kitkat.

I get this after my trip for the folks back home.
Its "fancy" yet very friendly on the wallet especially when its sold at fasola in the airports
Around 1600 yen per box(or was it 1900) (40 piece)

Also comes with Hello Kitty box(24 piece) at almost the same price as the 40 piece
If you are giving it as a gift to someone who likes HK, go ahead
If not, just get the 40 piece
1693672147335.png
1693672339246.png

If they have Royce stores there, get the chocolate-coated chips (especially the white ones). They’re awesome and hold well against this hellish summer heat
This is the correct answer. I’ve given this as souvenir as well. It’s not like anything you can get in the US or Europe AFAIK.

Reactions: Cinnabums and Alice
This is the correct answer. I’ve given this as souvenir as well. It’s not like anything you can get in the US or Europe AFAIK.
Based on his username, I don’t think he will be getting anything from Royce (there’s Royce where he’s from).

I usually get Omiyage from Pierre Herme or Sadaharu Aoki for people who know enough bout chocolate. And Tokyo Banana for everybody else before I board the plane so I don’t have to stuff too much into my luggage.

If in Tokyo - then just get off at any of the main stations and visit a major department store - example, Tobu Department store in Ikebukuro (just picking at random) and head for the appropriate place. Personally, every time I buy expensive chocolate, I tend to eat them before presenting my gift and replacing it by a quick Meiji chocolate bar... Wink!

Reactions: Alice and Cinnabums
Based on his username, I don’t think he will be getting anything from Royce (there’s Royce where he’s from).

I usually get Omiyage from Pierre Herme or Sadaharu Aoki for people who know enough bout chocolate. And Tokyo Banana for everybody else before I board the plane so I don’t have to stuff too much into my luggage.
There's Royce sold in my country but I think we don't have the chocolate coated chips so think may get one. And I've gotten Tokyo banana a gazillion times already