Guest viewing is limited

Voluptuous/Bliss out - what to expect xxyyzz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there,
We a married couple from Malaysia and we are interested in checking out Bliss Out or any happening bars in Tokyo area. We will be in Tokyo for about two weeks in February and we really hope to have some local couples (or at least someone/foreigner that who has been living in Tokyo long enough) to guide there in Bliss Out. If this is something you can help us out when we are there, pls let us know.

Thank you so much.

Cheers mate.

Note: We don’t speak much Japanese but we understand a bit here and there.

Would love to meet up.... American man and Filipino girl.... it would be fun and I know how to get to Bliss.... lives in tokyo for 18 years now....

Once we get a membership, can we regularly go in and out with our card?
I'd like to visit Thursday, Friday, Saturday to see whats all the fuss about.

Thanks so much for the extensive review. We are an expat couple (both mid 30s) in Korea looking to visit Tokyo shortly and intend to visit a sex/swinging club for our first time. We would prefer somewhere that is predominantly couples and single females as we are not crazy keen on there being lots of single guys there. I guess is depends on the night but is there an approximate average split of couples:single women:single guys that people could give?

Thanks in advance!

b&d

I've been following the Bliss out activity as well as their BBS. I get the impression that you really gotta go there and be lucky on Thursday's & Fridays day or night. The more 'regular' or 'typical' the time, aka happy hour, the more single guys.

Been in tokyo for a week and leaving tomorrow and just discovered this on my last night here. Looks like Bliss is an interesting spot to check out next trip.

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
Thanks so much for the detailed report!
Seems like bliss-out could be the right place for us! ;-)
Regarding the "dress code" you mentioned: is there one at all? What do the guys/girls wear? You said something about taking your shoes off? My GF likes to dress up in clubwear, lingerie and high-heels. Not sure if this is appropriate in Japan...?

You will have to take off your shoes so go for comfort. I think you can be comfortable in anything really but you will also see how quickly people are just wearing their underwear or an outfit from the wall or a bathrobe. It’s much more of a laid back and relax atmosphere than dress to impress. The lockers make it easy to undress and just relax. Enjoy

Thank you for your reply! Sounds very laid back indeed ;-)
Is this basically the same in every HB resp. CK?

Thank you for your reply! Sounds very laid back indeed ;-)
Is this basically the same in every HB resp. CK?
Yes. Generally girls wear their nicest underwear, but heels are not needed since you take off shoes everywhere and dresses tend to come off quickly.

Reactions: Mrmer
Hi Alice,

this might be a stupid question, but do you go barefoot or do you use some kind of slippers?

We have some other questions regarding etiquette in Japan:
Is it ok to be fully shaved (male and female) or will we get strange looks? This question refers also to the visit of public onzen.
What about tattoos? I am half-japanese and therefore looking quite asian and I'm wearing quite a big (Japanese-style) tattoo on my arm and shoulder. Will people in HB/CK resp. onzen think I am a yakuza and run away? My GF has a small tattoo which should be ok I guess.

Hi Alice,

this might be a stupid question, but do you go barefoot or do you use some kind of slippers?

We have some other questions regarding etiquette in Japan:
Is it ok to be fully shaved (male and female) or will we get strange looks? This question refers also to the visit of public onzen.
What about tattoos? I am half-japanese and therefore looking quite asian and I'm wearing quite a big (Japanese-style) tattoo on my arm and shoulder. Will people in HB/CK resp. onzen think I am a yakuza and run away? My GF has a small tattoo which should be ok I guess.
They usually do not give out slippers to all the guests in HBs as far as i can recall. You can be barefoot or with socks or pantyhose or bring soft footwear of your own. Its not my main focus personally but expect everything.
Happening bars are tolerant to all kinds of hairstyles down under. They can refuse people with tattoos sometimes but Bliss Out does not refuse tattoos i think (9259 and Sleeping Beauty might)

Must everyone is barefoot unless they are wearing stockings of some sort. Seem everything from bald to grizzly Adams. Lol. If you are looking for interaction with others you most likely want to meet upstairs and invite them down. Good luck and enjoy

Must everyone is barefoot unless they are wearing stockings of some sort. Seem everything from bald to grizzly Adams. Lol. If you are looking for interaction with others you most likely want to meet upstairs and invite them down. Good luck and enjoy

Of course we are looking for interaction with others, that's why we are there! ;-)

We went on a naked nice where you basically take off everything. My girlfriend was wearing however her bra/panties initially as she didn’t feel very comfortable (our first time visit) , but those were off pretty soon :)

We went on a naked nice where you basically take off everything. My girlfriend was wearing however her bra/panties initially as she didn’t feel very comfortable (our first time visit) , but those were off pretty soon :)
So we hope the 12th is a naked night! :)

Wow, such a good detailed on what to expect there... I'm single guy and will go on October for my second time to Japan, def. going to try this out... Do you know if they are friendly for Tattoos? I know some places in Japan have restricted places if you have tattoos, mostly if they are yakuza look a like ones.

Hope they accept foreigners with tatts 'cuse this places seems like lot of fun!

9B9C3388-2332-4A4B-A83E-DE02EB768067.png
By popular request...here is a picture of the entrance to bliss. It’s he stairs going down on the left...

Status
Not open for further replies.