Guest viewing is limited

Couples

Umeoni

TAG Member
Reaction score
I have heard that some happening bars have a rule where people who enter as a couple cannot have a conversation with single women in the bar (men are ok). I have also heard that single women usually prefer approaching single men rather than couples.

Is that true? And if so, which bars tend to have these rules or situations?

Since I'm currently in an open relationship where we are perfectly OK with playing with other people independently or together, do you think it would be preferable to enter the bar individually as single people who happen to be friends, rather than a couple?

Reactions: ThaWeeknd
The only place where I saw some sort of system in place was at Olive21 (Couple Kissa, Couples Only). Usually the men made the arrangements for sharing/swapping (men are the members, not the women). I've only ever been to happening bars as a couple with a partner and we usually engaged with other couples. (not exclusively by choice, it just happened that way on our visits). By my observation I saw a little bit of everything each time, so I'm not really sure there's a hard rule on approaching. But, the playrooms do have rules about who can enter which room (not applicable to Olive21).

I don't see any point to going to a happening bar as a single person if you have an option to go with a willing partner.

You should just go and experience the atmosphere and feel things out for yourselves. You are not required to play with anyone if you just want to watch and learn.

Edit: On one visit to Olive21, while we were waiting for the shower, another couple was in front of us and the woman asked her partner if they could swap with us. ("I want to try him" she said to her partner... good times were had.) The male partner agreed and approached me to make the swap after the shower.

I have heard that some happening bars have a rule where people who enter as a couple cannot have a conversation with single women in the bar (men are ok). I have also heard that single women usually prefer approaching single men rather than couples.

Since I'm currently in an open relationship where we are perfectly OK with playing with other people independently or together, do you think it would be preferable to enter the bar individually as single people who happen to be friends, rather than a couple?
You are right, that is the rule at Sleeping Beauty Shibuya. If you entered as a couple with reduced price you can’t talk to single girls, but only single guys. Single girls can’t approach to couples. The staff is very strict with constant watching. The alternative is enter separately as singles and pay the full fees. But both partners must be fluent in Japanese.

You are right, that is the rule at Sleeping Beauty Shibuya

Right, so that's the one I was told about. I couldn't recall the name when making the thread... So, do you think Sleeping Beauty is worth it compared to other happening bars, and whether we should just enter separately as singles?

I wonder if there are other bars with this rule... Otherwise, from what @TAG Manager said, it sounds like entering as a couple is better?

But, the playrooms do have rules about who can enter which room (not applicable to Olive21).

Any example of these rules?

Right, so that's the one I was told about. I couldn't recall the name when making the thread... So, do you think Sleeping Beauty is worth it compared to other happening bars, and whether we should just enter separately as singles?

I wonder if there are other bars with this rule... Otherwise, from what @TAG Manager said, it sounds like entering as a couple is better?

For example, one room is for mixed play among those who agree to play together and another room is for couples only. You can watch from the outside but cannot enter unless invited, something like that.
No idea what it's like right now during COVID, haven't been to any of these since 2019.

And yeah, SB has a more strict rule set along with Japanese requirement. But, the upside is it's usually a better quality of patrons.

I went to Bliss Out with my partner last weekend (entering as a couple) and it was predominately a sausage fest but we played with the couple we came to meet and also separately with various people. Didn’t have any issues there, but also there was only one single girl and she was quite busy as you may imagine.

I went to Bliss Out with my partner last weekend (entering as a couple) and it was predominately a sausage fest but we played with the couple we came to meet and also separately with various people. Didn’t have any issues there, but also there was only one single girl and she was quite busy as you may imagine.

What time did you go to Bliss Out? Do you think there'd be people there at around 7-8PM?

What time did you go to Bliss Out? Do you think there'd be people there at around 7-8PM?

We went there around 5PM—and they were only staying open until 9PM at the time due to extended state of emergency stuff.

There were quite a few people there but mainly single guys. About 4 couples and 1 single woman.
I believe their hours will return to normal in November.

I haven't been there since COViD started, but I don't know if it will be worth paying the difference for a remote chance of being able to have a threesome with a girl. Maybe when they have a party.

We've been quite active in the Tokyo scene until a few years ago, and we never encountered such a rule. First off, single women are rare in couple kissas (men aren't) Second, we were never kept from striking up a conversation with anyone. Third, the deals were usually closed "on the mat" with little prior small talk.

As far as Sleeping Beauty goes, I could imagine that Sleeping Beauty would come up with such a braindead rule. We went there a few times, but stopped going because they had bunches of idiotic rules that simply ruined any fun.

Do single women prefer approaching single men rather than couples? Sorry, the sample size of single women in couple clubs was too small to make such a determination

I would always recommend to enter a couple club as a couple, because it's way cheaper than paying the ransom prices they charge single men. Speaking of couple clubs, we still miss Kagi. Now that was a classy club.

SB policy is just a business model. If the single ladies could interact with couples, the single men cash cows would have even less land to graze. It is silly but I kinda understand observing the typical single male guests…

Kagi…. Wow that’s a blast from the past. I had my VIP membership back in the day. All the hot hostesses coming in after the clubs closed with dates, colleagues, or otherwise… Always a great time. Some legendary experiences there certainly I will never forget.

SB policy is just a business model. If the single ladies could interact with couples, the single men cash cows would have even less land to graze. It is silly but I kinda understand observing the typical single male guests….
It is certainly their business model. There is also a rumor (unproven) that some girls are paid. Like The Colors Bar in Kabukicho (something obvious), but there aren’t restrictions for couples to play.

hello friends, I am a member of bliss out (happening bar ) , where you can do what you want , you can speak with women, men, couple ....if interested I can introduce you for registration, best regards, Paul.

The only place where I saw some sort of system in place was at Olive21 (Couple Kissa, Couples Only). Usually the men made the arrangements for sharing/swapping (men are the members, not the women). I've only ever been to happening bars as a couple with a partner and we usually engaged with other couples. (not exclusively by choice, it just happened that way on our visits). By my observation I saw a little bit of everything each time, so I'm not really sure there's a hard rule on approaching. But, the playrooms do have rules about who can enter which room (not applicable to Olive21).

I don't see any point to going to a happening bar as a single person if you have an option to go with a willing partner.

You should just go and experience the atmosphere and feel things out for yourselves. You are not required to play with anyone if you just want to watch and learn.

Edit: On one visit to Olive21, while we were waiting for the shower, another couple was in front of us and the woman asked her partner if they could swap with us. ("I want to try him" she said to her partner... good times were had.) The male partner agreed and approached me to make the swap after the shower.

What i found was quite different. Olive 21 is young crowd and saw that most are bit cautious in swapping with foreigners.
Although we had been lucky few times.

What i found was quite different. Olive 21 is young crowd and saw that most are bit cautious in swapping with foreigners.
Although we had been lucky few times
Depends on the vibe you give off and your communication skills. Your appeal and attractiveness will also have a big influence with the crowd.
We've been on big event nights and normal nights, didn't really have any downtime except waiting for the shower.