Guest viewing is limited

Dating Event

They won't let me in...........

There is at least one every weak. Usually they are short on guys. I only know cause I'm still on some mailing list they use when they look for additional participants.
The Ginza Avenue was quite ok. Much better than Shinjuku.

The final piece is money. Japanese women above most other things, want you to have money, and want you to buy her things with that money

Really? Really? I'll go have fun with hostess instead, thank you!
If I ever end up married it is not going to be because the girl wants my trust fund...
Does the Japanese side for women list "Most of all the men want you to be beautiful and do great things to him with that beauty" ... sigh.

@okayspot
Where did that quote come from?
I'm not going to the event but sharing it for those who are interested in meeting someone.

Where did that quote come from?

Here:
http://blog.exeojapan.com/exeointernational/?p=661

Feedback #661 said:
Let’s say you’ve just arrived in Japan and you’re having trouble meeting women. How do you attract Japanese women? Are their certain customs you’re not aware of? Is it the language barrier?

The best way to attract Japanese women is the same way that department stores, clothing stores, etc. attract Japanese women. BRANDING.

You have to pick a style and stick with it. Not just jeans and a sweatshirt like you wear back home either! You need to be “Oshare” as they say in Japanese, or “Stylish.” Not too much though. There is always the risk of looking “too” Japanese. That should be avoided above all else. Wear some hip clothes, but also accent your “foreign-ness.”

Cleanliness is also a big factor. Japanese women like clean men. Clean-shaven, well-groomed hair, etc.

For a lot of Japanese women, dating a foreign guy is a way to show off her status. You are partially an accessory to whatever outfit she is wearing that day.

Of course, you can’t change your appearance too much. That is to say you can’t change your eye color, etc. (sans elective surgery.) However, if you feel like going the extra step, dying your hair blonde and putting in blue contacts will really attract Japanese women.

The final piece is money. Japanese women above most other things, want you to have money, and want you to buy her things with that money. Eventually, want you to take care of them financially (in the long-term.)

Some of these things you cannot change about yourself. However, it is best to be aware of what Japanese women are into and prepare yourself for hunting that beautiful Japanese girl you’ve always wanted to date.

I'm not going to the event but sharing it for those who are interested in meeting someone.

And this is very much appreciated, lurkers and members alike do appreciate the information.

Thank you!

Reactions: just4fun
Really? Really? I'll go have fun with hostess instead, thank you!
If I ever end up married it is not going to be because the girl wants my trust fund...
Does the Japanese side for women list "Most of all the men want you to be beautiful and do great things to him with that beauty" ... sigh.

Is that really news? Japanese women who look for a steady relationship / marriage put a lot of importance on financial stability. Career options for married women especially with kids are quite limited in Japan. That's why a stable job is important to many.
Not all girls there look directly for marriage. You will also meet younger ones, but the majority is around 30 or older I think. At least that was the case the few times I went there.

I wonder why there are only Japanese women in those events. Do they only accept Japanese women or foreign women are simply not interested? (my theory is that they're so spoiled for choice that none of them is desperate enough to show up)

I've been to a few of those events but the truth of the matter is, I'm not terribly interested in the kind of women I've met there. Would only give it another go if I could find the equivalent but with foreign women.

In my experience there's also a disproportionate number of nurses there, nothing against them but I'm not sure why.

I wonder why there are only Japanese women in those events. Do they only accept Japanese women or foreign women are simply not interested? (my theory is that they're so spoiled for choice that none of them is desperate enough to show up)

I've been to a few of those events but the truth of the matter is, I'm not terribly interested in the kind of women I've met there. Would only give it another go if I could find the equivalent but with foreign women.

In my experience there's also a disproportionate number of nurses there, nothing against them but I'm not sure why.

Well, it is specifically targeted at japanese women meeting foreign men. You do not get in if you don't match either of the criteria. Right before they often run an event for Japanese men. Not sure if foreign women would be allowed there.

If there was a big enough market for foreign women to meet foreign men, such an event would probably exist.

I don't really understand the need to screen foreign women. There probably would only be at most a couple of them showing up each time and it would bring some diversity.

It may sound corny but if I like someone it's based on who they are, not the nationality that's shown on their passport.

(plus I've noticed I tend to be more successful with Chinese/Filipino women for some mysterious reason)

I don't really understand the need to screen foreign women. There probably would only be at most a couple of them showing up each time and it would bring some diversity.

It may sound corny but if I like someone it's based on who they are, not the nationality that's shown on their passport.

(plus I've noticed I tend to be more successful with Chinese/Filipino women for some mysterious reason)

That is completely legit, but it's not their marketing approach. Whether that's smart or not I can't judge. But it's the woman who pay more to participate on this events. Men are free as long as you sign up early enough. So it might actually cater to the preferences of the Japanese ladies participating there.

On another note in regard to the nurse comment. I have only participated once at the Shinjuku location and 2 or 3 times at Ginza. The female crowd is different depending on location. I think your comment did hold true for Shinjuku, but not for Ginza (in my very limited experience).
According to the mails I sometimes receive they also have a new venue near Tokyo station.
I met a very nice girl on my first Ginza visit. Unfortunately didn't lead to anything long-term in the end, but was definitely worth the visit(s).
In general I'm not the biggest fan of speed dating, but once in a while for a change it didn't hurt.

Reactions: Des Esseintes
I've been to Ginza twice, Shinjuku once. My experience was that Ginza was less crowded but in Shinjuku the women were younger and prettier. Could be just a coincidence.
I've been on a few dates with a couple of women I met there but one of them looked completely different in broad daylight, to the point that I didn't recognize her at first, which was kinda awkward because she noticed it, and the other one asked me how much money I was making and how many children I was planning on having within five minutes of meeting me so that was a bit of a turn-off.

I went to it a few times about a year and a half ago. Not bad, not great. They used to advertise to the foreigners as a place to meet Japanese women who spoke English. But shortly after I went they changed it. Maybe they got a few complaints about the fact that some of the women could barely write their name in English (which is fine, but not so good if you're advertising as everybody knows English).

For me, the Shinjuku was waaaaay too small of a venue for the number of people they had. Ginza wasn't bad.

Definitely had a few that went full on into salary/kids/etc instantly, while a few of them waited a few minutes before talking about it. Granted, you really only have about three minutes to talk to each person, so I can see why they might go straight for those questions.

Overall, it's not a great setup, but it's definitely not too bad. I've seen better and worse setups.

I wonder if there are other options for speed dating.
How about speed dating events not specifically designed for foreigners? Would they turn us down, would the women be necessarily uninterested?

I seem to have noticed that there's a majority of women in this country who would never consider dating a foreigner no matter what but then I'm not sure women who specifically target foreigners are the healthiest ones mentally-speaking — so I'm just wondering if going after women who are not opposed to having a relationship with a foreigner but not specifically looking for it either is not the safest option.

Definitely had a few that went full on into salary/kids/etc instantly, while a few of them waited a few minutes before talking about it. Granted, you really only have about three minutes to talk to each person, so I can see why they might go straight for those questions.

That only happened to me after I had matched with someone when we met again outside the party.

There is at least one every weak. Usually they are short on guys. I only know cause I'm still on some mailing list they use when they look for additional participants.
The Ginza Avenue was quite ok. Much better than Shinjuku.

I wonder if there are other options for speed dating.
How about speed dating events not specifically designed for foreigners? Would they turn us down, would the women be necessarily uninterested?

Women who go to speed dating events are in the Last Chance Saloon. They can't be too picky.

Reactions: just4fun