Guest viewing is limited

Does anyone still use "mairura"?

daytimefun

TAG Member
Reaction score
Mairura used to be the go-to for couples who didn't want to use condoms or the pill here in Japan. It's still available in some countries overseas, and is a film inserted into the girl's vagina that has a spermacidal effect. The plus side is the couple can enjoy the guy cumming inside (has a contraceptive efficacy of around 80 ~ 90%), while the negative side is that it isn't 100% effective, may have side effects, and once you enter your girl, you can't really engage in oral sex because of the spermacide.

Are there any couples still using Mairura or similar vaginal contraceptive films or gels, instead of condoms or the pill?

Reactions: cuckhimnow and yeti
Is this like a disposable cervical cap that has a spermicide infused into it? Pretty damn rare these days!

It seems to be a thin film kind of thing called VCF (Vaginal Contraceptive Film). Never even heard about this in Japan. And when they say effectiveness is 70-80 percent that is actually all I need to know to pass.

One girl I know wanted to use the female condoms and for guy's point of view that is like having sex with a plastic bag. I dislike condoms like the next guy but would still select one over these female condoms 11 out of 10 times.

It’s more effective than that. It’s spermicide. It’s gonna work if used correctly. People try to use a single dose for multiple shots and do other stupid things. When used correctly it’s 94% effective over a year. For comparison, condoms are at 98%. So your increased risk for a single encounter is not very much. Of course does nothing for STIs. VCF is quite popular in certain markets.

Reactions: Cinnabums
One girl I know wanted to use the female condoms and for guy's point of view that is like having sex with a plastic bag. I dislike condoms like the next guy but would still select one over these female condoms 11 out of 10 times.

Only used once and it was about as close to bareback as I have ever felt. Key is she inserts it correctly and lubes it appropriately, apparently.