Guest viewing is limited

Ethnically Chinese American Traveling To Japan

nrg4fire

TAG Member
Reaction score
I am a SM university student studying abroad in Japan for a semester. My parents are both Chinese, and I was born in the US. How will this affect how I make my first impressions when I try PUA in Tokyo?

Want me to guess?

Maybe yes, maybe no. Everything depends............
There's a lot on the board here about this topic.
It would behoove you to do a little searching :)

Say Bruce Lee had confidence level = 100 + suave/aura = 100 + looks = 60
and Brandon Lee had confidence level = 100 + suave/aura = 70 + looks = 80

What say yours ? MAX is 100

How will this affect how I make my first impressions when I try PUA in Tokyo?

It's been said many times before on this site, but being East Asian and NOT speaking good Japanese is more of a negative in every social circumstance compared to a white guy, since if you are confused for a Japanese person and don't speak Japanese, it's an unpleasant surprise, where white people aren't necessarily expected to speak Japanese so ANY Japanese they speak is a pleasant surprise. Good luck negging Japanese women that don't understand your English.

Reactions: Serenity Now
It's been said many times before on this site, but being East Asian and NOT speaking good Japanese is more of a negative in every social circumstance compared to a white guy, since if you are confused for a Japanese person and don't speak Japanese, it's an unpleasant surprise, where white people aren't necessarily expected to speak Japanese so ANY Japanese they speak is a pleasant surprise. Good luck negging Japanese women that don't understand your English.
I mostly agree. However, negging isn't contained or emphasized in many PUA styles. Please don't take certain styles of PUA, as all styles and methods are the same or as that's the technique always used.

I also wanted to mention, that foreigners of all races, colors, and nationalities adapt differently to Japan. Some not at all, some kind of, and some very quickly.

Whites or White Europeans, may not have an advantage. We should be careful assuming there is "always" an advantage, when in fact there might not be.

A non-japanese speaking Asian, may possibly more quickly fit in or adapt to Japan. And once they do speak Japanese fluently, may face less discrimination overall.

The majority of foreigners married to Japanese people are from other Asian countries. You'll be fine. I don't think there's any disadvantage being Asian-American, nor will you be mistaken for Japanese. Good luck.

Reactions: Cinnabums