Guest viewing is limited

Favorite Dessert(s) Or Dessert Bars In Tokyo?

WanderlustC

100% Protected from Head to Toe
Reaction score
What are your favorite unique to Tokyo dessert or dessert bars?

I am trying to find that special "when you think of that city, you can't help but think about that dessert" type of place.

So far Pablo's Cheese Tarts in Akihabara is a good take on to Egg Tarts that are found in Hong Kong/Macua.

The dorayaki at Usagiya in Ueno is good, but nothing I would go back for.

I am tempted to go to the Marble Lounge at the Hilton in Shinjuku, but I have a feeling it's more of a quantity over quality type of dessert bar.

The Japanese/French fusion pastries at Patisserie Sadaharu AOKI look absolutely divine. Hmmmm, I may take my fat ass there after lunch :D.

Reactions: Soapysoap66
If you like ice cream I can recommend this shop here: Brown sugar 1st
Vegan coconut milk based ice cream

It's near Harajuku and this would be the address: Tokyo-to shibuya-ku jingumae 3-28-8 1st floor

Address in Japanese: 東京都渋谷区神宮前3-28-8 1f
I've tried it once and also heard good things about it from my friends. :)

Ran across this article from my favorite RocketNews24.

For only 500 Yen you can satisfy that urge for something sweet (not as sweet as Ches)

If you ever wanted to step back in time to a nostalgic corner shop where just 500 yen (US$4.85) gets you over a hundred different types of signature Japanese snacks and candies, this place is definitely for you.

No matter how old we get, the allure of a corner store filled with jars of delicious looking candies and shelves piled high with glistening snacks is a temptation that’s always hard to resist. In Japan, there’s a chain of bars that combines all the thrill of a childhood candy store with beautiful atmospheric touches from the Showa Period (1926-1989), taking Japanese adults back into the past with beloved candies from yesteryear and making the rest of us squeal with delight at the unusual, never-before-seen treats on offer.

http://en.rocketnews24.com/2016/07/...n-eat-sweets-and-snacks-at-tokyo-dagashi-bar/

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
Ran across this article from my favorite RocketNews24.

For only 500 Yen you can satisfy that urge for something sweet (not as sweet as Ches)

If you ever wanted to step back in time to a nostalgic corner shop where just 500 yen (US$4.85) gets you over a hundred different types of signature Japanese snacks and candies, this place is definitely for you.

No matter how old we get, the allure of a corner store filled with jars of delicious looking candies and shelves piled high with glistening snacks is a temptation that’s always hard to resist. In Japan, there’s a chain of bars that combines all the thrill of a childhood candy store with beautiful atmospheric touches from the Showa Period (1926-1989), taking Japanese adults back into the past with beloved candies from yesteryear and making the rest of us squeal with delight at the unusual, never-before-seen treats on offer.

http://en.rocketnews24.com/2016/07/...n-eat-sweets-and-snacks-at-tokyo-dagashi-bar/

I've heard about this place but you have to make a reservation for it as it's always packed. I've never had a chance just walking in. Seems to be very popular among Japanese and foreigners.

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
Tsujiri (green parfait cafe from Kyoto) at Tokyo station is also very good.