Flights to Tokyo from LA... Cheap!

ur19877

TAG Member
Reaction score
For the guys who live in the US, and especially in the LA area, you can get flights that go into June of next year for real cheap ($440-480 USD range). Just booked my Jan trip from $443 USD.I think I am going to book my March/April trip pretty soon too..

If you use Google Flights, you will be able to see this price goes into June.

If you don't know already, the tracking function can be pretty helpful. You can never predict when prices will go up/down, but you will get some historical data points.

I was kicking myself when the flight I was going to get went from $490 USD to 775 USD, but stayed patient and luckily was rewarded.

Good luck...

Lucky you. From Hawaii, I've never seen anything lower than $650. (One would think that since it's closer to Japan than LAX, it would be cheaper but nooooo) :mad:
This upcoming trip next month is costing me nearly double that. :(

Last edited:
Reactions: AliceInWonderland
Lucky you. From Hawaii, I've never seen anything lower than $650. (One would think that since it's closer to Japan than LAX, it would be cheaper but nooooo) :mad:
This upcoming trip next month is costing me nearly double that. :(

I hear you... I think that it should be cheaper to fly from lax to Hawaii....but no... I get it, who doesn’t want to be in Hawaii, But I think there should be some more competition to drive the price down.

These sales happen very frequently now. At least 5-6 times a year.

Somehow I think the Japanese government is funding the airlines so more tourists can visit and pump the economy.

Damn, airfares are expensive.

From Australia (similar flight time) sale fares to Japan also happen occasionally, even as low as 330 usd return. Problem is they usually require booking a few months in advance and there aren't many seats at that fare.

FWIW, fuck all y'all.

I live in FL, so fares below $1000 are a myth if you want to get there in a reasonable amount of time.

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
Pro-tip for other US based members. Southwest credit card. Get like 25,000 points for signing up several times a year and then 1 point per purchase. I use it exclusively and pay it off every month. Now, if you book in advance enough you can do round trip on Southwest too from just about anywhere in the US for under 10k points. So when it comes time for my international trips I find the cheapest place to fly from (LAX for Japan for example. These rates are exactly why I came back when I did in Sep.). Then I get to that place for free with my Southwest points. Bonus is the Southwest card has no foreign transaction fees so I use it to pay for most things while on my international trips too. Basically, take a few of the lovely ladies of Japan to dinner and you end up paying for your trip to LA to get the cheap Japan tickets at same time :)