Getting into bdsm?

Itsallgoodman

TAG Member
Reaction score
Hello,
I was wondering how people start getting into BDSM. Im interested in it but I imagine it would probably be awkward at the start or something since I might not have a single clue in Im doing.

Thank you!

Reactions: Alice
There are a couple of good resources up in other forums for it.
But in general, bdsm itself is quite a big spread of kinks (bondage discipline sadism and masochism).
What could help is to find out a list of kinks in there that might tickle your fancy and read abit.
There are some educational sessions held for people to explore those kinks. From there you can dip your toes and find out what you like.
Personally I was able to start being serious about dom slave rls, bondage, and cnc (giver) and I met a friend that is also into it (receiver).
We then work on communication, stop words/signals and setup roleplays and go from there.

You start by watching others and seeing what peeks your fancy. When you think "oh I'd like to try that" take a note. There are quite a few sm bars in Japan. If you have the japanese level you should give it a try

Reactions: Itsallgoodman
Depends entirely on what you want to do. Easiest is to start by going to the beginner friends places like Titty Twister. Also this being japan you’ll have a much easier time getting into the scene if your Japanese language skill is better.

Technically BDSM refers to some form of Dominant/submissive relationship, the more general term kink includes things like latex fetish, age play, foot worship etc.

If you think you are submissive then seeking a pro Dom or Domme (female Dominant) would be the easiest and safest approach. They will ask you what you might be interested in and your soft and hard limits.

If you think you are a Dominant then you're probably not. Being a Dom is hard work and there aren't that many real Doms around.

You could try M-seikan (M性感) shops first before diving into more hardcore stuff. They're more teasing/anal (yours) play/nipple/slight bondage/etc. focused.