Guest viewing is limited

Going to Japan - SMP and dating for a foreigner

ddsdc

TAG Member
Reaction score
Hi.
So I've been pondering lately about going to Japan or other East Asian country (ofc after COVID restrictions being lifted), as I always wanted to see technological capitals of those countries. I thought about going for medium to long term.
I know that English in Japan isn't prevalent like in other developed nations, so I've been trying to learn Japanese (and other languages), but it's still long road.
But that's not the topic - I want to know how SMP and dating scene looks like there. I was reading various opinions - from these that it's quite easy for foreigners (although a lot of people said that China in this regard is better), to very hard.

To describe myself briefly: I'm in my mid-twenties, 1,8m+ tall, quite skinny, caucasian and fairly good looking (usually scores fallen between 7-8,5 - depends, on what I wear). On Tinder I easily matches out with 200-300 women in a few days/weeks in my home country, but trying that in Japan has yielded me pretty much a few matches only (with location spoofing). In other SE Asian countries I know, that I would yield 50-100+ likes per day (I tried it for fun for one day) without even me doing anything just setting location, but I'm not really interested in those countries.

Last edited:
- SE Asia: Of course your Tinder score redlines there. The region is poor and girls hope for a rich prince. Your scores there will rise as you get older, they hope for a rich (by their standards) guy, and not for a young butterfly.

- China was great 20 years ago, when a foreigner promised money, and possibly life in far-away lands. Now, the average big city Chinese has more money than you, and Chinese can travel.

- Japan is a highly developed country. You need to bring more than good looks. Only a small percentage of girls want a foreign husband. Many who did, and moved abroad, want to go home.

- If your sex life is paint by numbers, then Japan is not for you.

Hi.
So I've been pondering lately about going to Japan or other East Asian country (ofc after COVID restrictions being lifted), as I always wanted to see technological capitals of those countries. I thought about going for medium to long term.
I know that English in Japan isn't prevalent like in other developed nations, so I've been trying to learn Japanese (and other languages), but it's still long road.
But that's not the topic - I want to know how SMP and dating scene looks like there. I was reading various opinions - from these that it's quite easy for foreigners (although a lot of people said that China in this regard is better), to very hard.

To describe myself briefly: I'm in my mid-twenties, 1,8m+ tall, quite skinny, caucasian and fairly good looking (usually scores fallen between 7-8,5 - depends, on what I wear). On Tinder I easily matches out with 200-300 women in a few days/weeks in my home country, but trying that in Japan has yielded me pretty much a few matches only (with location spoofing). In other SE Asian countries I know, that I would yield 50-100+ likes per day (I tried it for fun for one day) without even me doing anything just setting location, but I'm not really interested in those countries.

That's not exactly a good experiment. Your control group is your usual area correct? If you're going to Japan to flex your game you're gonna be disappointed. The key distinction here is that you didn't market prime qualities Japanese women are looking for. Being Caucasian or Asian is purely just an ethnic preference most Japanese women have. Japanese women are baseline way pickier than most women. if you changed your Tinder profile to include:
Conversational Japanese skills
Seriously looking for Marriage
Interest in Japanese culture
Good with parents/respectful of elders

That last part is a huge piece of advice a lot of people downplay because Japanese women talk about how much they've scared away boyfriends when their parents are introduced. Japanese people especially women, want to build a good relationship with their family. I would say good looks are a lot farther down in priorities than in most places, especially compared to western countries.

That's not exactly a good experiment. Your control group is your usual area correct? If you're going to Japan to flex your game you're gonna be disappointed. The key distinction here is that you didn't market prime qualities Japanese women are looking for. Being Caucasian or Asian is purely just an ethnic preference most Japanese women have. Japanese women are baseline way pickier than most women. if you changed your Tinder profile to include:
Conversational Japanese skills
Seriously looking for Marriage
Interest in Japanese culture
Good with parents/respectful of elders

That last part is a huge piece of advice a lot of people downplay because Japanese women talk about how much they've scared away boyfriends when their parents are introduced. Japanese people especially women, want to build a good relationship with their family. I would say good looks are a lot farther down in priorities than in most places, especially compared to western countries.

100% agree!

Hi.

Please be aware that any country in the world, the quality of the women depends on the place place where you meet the woman. What I mean.... Do not expect a "wife material" in a strip club.

As some of the guys here on TAG already told you, everything depends on what are you really looking for and what are you willing to do.

Thai and Philipino girls are more flexible for international or interracial marriage. Communication will be in general easier as many can speak fairly good English. Their standard of wealth is lower than Korean or Japanese counterparts.

Japanese women in general, their parents acceptance is extremely important. Well manners, stable economic status and job (if you are financially stable to take care of their daughter and future kids)....

I remembered that when I started a serious relationship with my ex wife, I spent a weekend at her parents house in the countryside. I do not know anything about agriculture and her father was a farmer. I had to spend many hours talking with her dad while doing or at least trying to do some chores around the farm.
I guess I passed the test, as I was married for almost 10 years.

I remembered that when I started a serious relationship with my ex wife, I spent a weekend at her parents house in the countryside. I do not know anything about agriculture and her father was a farmer. I had to spend many hours talking with her dad while doing or at least trying to do some chores around the farm.
I guess I passed the test, as I was married for almost 10 years.

My Japanese father-in-law showed me his extensive collection of katana swords. I got the message.