Hello and thank you everyone from a new member!

ChainStrategem

TAG Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, just wanted to start off by thanking everyone because with all the information on this forum it seems like I'm set for my first soapland experience (and P4P in general)!

I was able to make a reservation directly with a girl at Y-Shirt (not Kaoru) through Line. Gave her a name and time, and judging by the fact that the time is crossed out on City Heaven, looks like the reservation actually went through. Saw a lot of comments recommending 90min+ so I went for 2hrs because I think it'll probably be my first and last time at a soapland, at least in the near future. Hoping that everything goes smoothly from here on out. I'll think about writing a review after the experience!

Though since it would be my first time, I did have a few questions to which I don't think I was able to find a clear answer or just one in general, and was wondering if I could get some clarification.

1. As for what to bring besides money, should I bring any toiletries at all? i.e. my toothbrush + paste, my skincare products, condoms (don't care about NS), etc. Passport/ID?

I've seen some mixed opinions on gifts: some say don't for soapland girls or not for the first time, some say it's okay. Not to mention what type of gifts are appropriate and not. I'll probably put more description in a reply.

3. Is there some kind of dress code? Not that I plan on dressing poorly or anything, but was wondering if there are forbidden articles of clothing, styles, etc.? Last thing I'd want is to get turned away because of something like that...

4. Do you guys tell the girls that you plan on reviewing? and should I? I see stuff like review promotions on City Heaven so I don't think it's a negative thing, and while I won't be writing one on City Heaven, just wondering if it's rude to ask/not ask for permission to write a review.

5. For those that don't speak Japanese well, is there anything I should be worried about during the encounter? I did make it clear to her on Line that I don't speak Japanese well. Just on a side note do you guys use Keigo with the girls? lol

Thank you again everyone!

Reactions: Alice
Additional details on 2:

Since I'm visiting for a short time and probably won't be back in Japan anytime soon I believe this may be my first and last soapland experience. So I was thinking about maybe bringing in a small gift for her. It does say on her profile that one of her favorite foods is a dessert item, so I was thinking about getting some for her.

I know that some of them don't like food items because of dietary/health concerns or maybe even annoying in general. So I just wanted some input.

1. As for what to bring besides money, should I bring any toiletries at all? i.e. my toothbrush + paste, my skincare products, condoms (don't care about NS), etc. Passport/ID?
No, toothbrush and mouthwash is prepared by shop. As a tourist it is a good idea to always carry passport, not for the shop though. Sometimes we get stopped by police and have to show Alien Registration card and in tourist case passport.
2. I've seen some mixed opinions on gifts: some say don't for soapland girls or not for the first time, some say it's okay. Not to mention what type of gifts are appropriate and not. I'll probably put more description in a reply.
Not necessary at all but if you bring something eatable from back home it is appreciated.
3. Is there some kind of dress code? Not that I plan on dressing poorly or anything, but was wondering if there are forbidden articles of clothing, styles, etc.? Last thing I'd want is to get turned away because of something like that...
No, just wear clean clothes.
4. Do you guys tell the girls that you plan on reviewing? and should I? I see stuff like review promotions on City Heaven so I don't think it's a negative thing, and while I won't be writing one on City Heaven, just wondering if it's rude to ask/not ask for permission to write a review.
Sometimes if I like the girl and had a good experience.
5. For those that don't speak Japanese well, is there anything I should be worried about during the encounter? I did make it clear to her on Line that I don't speak Japanese well. Just on a side note do you guys use Keigo with the girls? lol
With Kaoru, no, she is used to guys like you.
Worry that she will make come multiple times.

Last edited:
Reactions: ChainStrategem
Such innocent little questions.

1) Nothing. Soapland will have toothbrushes, condoms and all other necessary things ready. Of course bringing your own condoms that fit well as a backup is never wrong.

2) If you just want to bring something little like sweets in your case I think there is nothing wrong with it. Why not, it's a special occasion for you.

3) Nothing to worry about. Just dress clean and take care of yourself before, shave etc.

4) I think this point is debatable, but I guess you would never read any negative reviews if asking for permission is a requirement.
In other cases you would also not ask. For example if you visit a doctor and write an online review afterwards. I guess everyone has a different stance on that.

5) Don't worry too much. Usually more formal japanese with the staff...simple everyday Japanese with the girls.

Of course going for the first time can be exciting for everyone and make you nervous, but don't beat yourself up about it too much. Do the same you would do if you go out. Shower, put on fresh cloths, shave, behave nice and friendly....and you are good to go 😉

Reactions: ChainStrategem
Sometimes we get stopped by police and have to show Alien Registration card and in tourist case passport.

Years ago I got detained for not having my passport with me whilst in Japan…
Stayed overnight in lock up until they could verify that I was actually a tourist and then let me free.
In their defence, I was carrying a big camping bag probably half my height that has been though quite abit… honestly looking quite sus especially after running through summer comiket…

• Wow
Reactions: Cinnabums and Danbo
Years ago I got detained for not having my passport with me whilst in Japan…
Stayed overnight in lock up until they could verify that I was actually a tourist and then let me free.
In their defence, I was carrying a big camping bag probably half my height that has been though quite abit… honestly looking quite sus especially after running through summer comiket…

Lol, that sounds kinda scary :D. I mean as a tourist I also would't carry my passport around everywhere, danger of loosing it somehow is just too high. What do they expect.

They expect you to able to prove your identity and visa status at all times.

Hehe, yeah....in theory . I guess as a tourist you usually leave valuable belongings more likely in the hotel safe. There it can still be easily be accessed in the case of an emergency, losing your passport on the other hand would result in a shitton of more problems. The overnight detention story just sounds a bit over the top 🤣

Hehe, yeah....in theory . I guess as a tourist you usually leave valuable belongings more likely in the hotel safe. There it can still be easily be accessed in the case of an emergency, losing your passport on the other hand would result in a shitton of more problems. The overnight detention story just sounds a bit over the top 🤣
One can always carry a copy of the passport to be presented to the police if asked. I always have multiple copies of my passport kept somewhere in various bags and at least one in my wallet whenever I go aboard. That makes it easier for me to get a new passport at the embassy in case I have to (like fire at the hotel or something)

Reactions: Cinnabums
Seems like I got lucky with just an overnight stay in the locker…
Right? This is not something to make light of, either.

It is better to be overly cautious and drag your passport everywhere even at the risk of losing it. Expecting leniency is going to be far more costly than the nightmare at your native country’s embassy.

Reactions: Doggyfong
Thank you to everyone that replied! Seems like I should definitely carry my passport around.

Feeling pretty nervous and it feels surreal that it's happening but looking forward to it!!

Funny enough. And everybody is eager to discuss that here.
As of my personal experience. I`ve been here (in Japan) for 24 years. I never carry my gaijin card unless I need it for some procedures. I`ve been stopped by police and asked for my ID twice in 24 years. The 1st time I was drunk and decided to hide beyond a tree when I noticed a policeman on his bike. I don`t know why I behaved myself in that stupid way but I was just drunk. I showed him a picture of my card on the phone, he copied the data and that was all. The next time I was stopped by 3 young policemen close to Gotanda station around 2 am. They asked me to show what I had in my pockets. They probably wanted to find a drug dealer to raise their status or something like that. OK, I showed them what I had there and that`s all.
Once I was really drunk and slept somewhere on the street. I woke up in a police office. They drove me to my apartment and I showed them my card and there was no more problem.

Additional details on 2:

Since I'm visiting for a short time and probably won't be back in Japan anytime soon I believe this may be my first and last soapland experience. So I was thinking about maybe bringing in a small gift for her. It does say on her profile that one of her favorite foods is a dessert item, so I was thinking about getting some for her.

I know that some of them don't like food items because of dietary/health concerns or maybe even annoying in general. So I just wanted some input.
Generally I would be careful with high calorie stuff, but if it says specifically that’s she likes desserts, why not. If girls have appointments back to back they also sometimes don’t have much chance to eat so it might be appreciated.

Sounds like you are nice and well prepared so I wouldn’t be too worried. Just keep translation app at hand and a smile on your face.

Reactions: Sudsy
Few times I went to Japan everywhere I go even to kabukicho and most dodgy places I carry passport with me all the time. It's VERY difficult to lose a passport and not able to recover it.