Guest viewing is limited

Honcho yokosuka -worth a visit for drinking?

BankerguyCanada

TAG Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. Ill be in japan later this year and ive planned out about half of it.

A friend of mine recommended i check out honcho. He said its kind of a seedy little sailor district.. the bars are dark small casual relaxed fun etc. Not the Glam you find in some parts of tokyo

There is very little online about 'the Honch'

What are your guys thoughts?

My ex who was in the military took me there once. It was fun for me because it made me feel like I was back in the States.

It's been a while since I've talked to anyone who's currently in the Yokosuka base.. but didn't they give out a curfew to them last year? My ex would tell me that they weren't allowed to go out drinking after like midnight or something. Don't know if that's still going on.. but if it is, I imagine The Honch to be a bit dead now.

So its mostly full of a bunch of douchy american guys -.- baaaaah maybe ill pass lol

if a woman wants to meet men and bar hop its the place to go.

i recommend the rising sun bar for women on the prowl. not such a young and crazy crowd there.

they have nice japanese bartenders that are friendly not to mention very hot looking and they make you feel right at home.

friday nights after 8pm is the best time.

stay away from any of the filipina bars there they will rip you off in a heartbeat.

in the last 5 weeks ive gone drinking there 4 times. all on weekends. its more of a military, dock worker tough guy place. not for the wimpy weak of heart. ive picked up a woman everytime i went the last 4 times, 4 for 4.
1 48yo japanese milf housewife. huge tits horny as fuck. went to love hotel she fucked my brains out then bought me breakfast. stayin away from this on she seems stalker material.
2 30 something slim milf housewife. horny as fuck. started making out with her in the bar. cockblocked by her friends. plan to get some on next date if i get a next date.
3 28yo half japanese half filipina super hot. nice tits and ass. fucks like a rabbit, gonna make her a steady pump.
4 40 yo divorced japanese. slim tall model looks. perfect body knock out type. she has never had the big one or a gaijin. all night and day fuck at love hotel. keepin this one .
2 of the ladies spoke english. the other 2 only japanese.
guess i like yokosuka. but im sure i would have scored just as well in tokyo but maybe with more used and abused women.

if your a wimp this is not the place to go. its hard drinking military town they will eat u up and spit u out.

ive picked up a woman everytime i went the last 4 times, 4 for 4.

Well, my math might be old fashioned but I did count only three out of four.

I get the impression that "the Honch" was really wild a few decades ago. Some of the old timers here might be able to shed some light on that subject.

Of course, there are still some bars in the area. In addition, you can see a few Chinese gals wandering around at night offering naughty massages.

Last edited:
it was wild years ago. dont go near the chinese. lots of rip off stories. also reported filipina bars are giving mickies and emptying pockets

Reactions: SugoiBoy and MikeH
it was wild years ago. dont go near the chinese. lots of rip off stories. also reported filipina bars are giving mickies and emptying pockets

For some reason, the Chinese pros in Yokosuka tend to be especially disappointing. Generally speaking, I've had better experiences with Chinese MPs elsewhere in Japan.

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
It used to be awesome back then but now because of the curfew and no drinking past midnight for military personnel most of the bars close early. I remember back in 2000 Sunday nights was booming with Local and Tokyo women. Now it's a shell of its former self. It used to be a lot tougher then, now not so much.
I still go there because I live in the neighborhood but I only go once every few months.

It used to be awesome back then but now because of the curfew and no drinking past midnight for military personnel most of the bars close early. I remember back in 2000 Sunday nights was booming with Local and Tokyo women. Now it's a shell of its former self. It used to be a lot tougher then, now not so much.
I still go there because I live in the neighborhood but I only go once every few months.

Lifting that curfew would probably do a lot to boost morale among the U.S. military.